The Spawn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@guyver Are the black spots on the face normal or do they vary per figure?

@guyver Are the black spots on the face normal or do they vary per figure?

It’s paint slop ...probably could rub it off but meh

Wish I had more weapons That could scale with this, unfortunately any Mezco accessories are too small

Last edited:
I gave in and PO this figure. It looks too good and the articulation is finally up to date. I like the fact that it looks like a live action Spawn. Hopefully, this is only the first of several articulated Spawn figures.

I always wanted an articulated Commando Spawn, so I ordered two initially to convert one. Definitely gonna be in my top figures this year.

jcw9hnbe5um41.jpg

There are flaws unfortunately...the hips should’ve had a more natural swivel movement ( I say this because it limits the ability to get him into some crazy dynamic poses ) and he could’ve needed a butterfly joint from the shoulders to show off the sword poses a lot more and he definitely needed some extra weapons like a rifle or pistols.

Like I mentioned, I was all set to use some Mezco accessories..but they all look too small on him

But still he is the best articulated Spawn I ever owned and probably one of the figures to just have him in a neutral standing pose as well.

Well, I'm getting the classic Spawn.

McFarlane Toys has released an update ahead of their Kickstarter Campaign going live. They are looking to crowdfund a fully remastered version of the original Spawn action figure, along with a completely redrawn Spawn #1 by Todd McFarlane. The details have confirmed this will be an articulated 7″ scale action figure. They specifically mention it will be “more than double what the original toy had”. The figure will include four interchangeable portraits, a gun, and a club. There will be three versions available. Those include a Classic Costume Version, a Modern Costume Version, and an Artist Proof Black and White Version. You will also be able to back a 3-Pack featuring all three versions. The packaging will be a collector friendly resealable shell box.
The figures are priced at $50 each, with a special $85 version including an autographed Todd McFarlane placard. The campaign begins at some point today. Keep an eye on the official The Original SPAWN Action Figure & Comic Remastered (2020) Kickstarter Page for when the campaign goes live. If any additional info is launched with the campaign, we’ll add it to this post. Check out full details and some photos and 3D renders after the jump.

SPAWN MASTERWORKS – The ORIGINAL Comic & Toy Re-Mastered
Description:
In 1992 the very first Spawn comic book hit the shelves setting a sales record for an independent. A few years later in 1995, the first Spawn action figure was released to critical acclaim and helped usher in a whole new way of giving you detail and ‘art’ to your action figures.
Now, twenty-five years later, Todd MacFarlane is joining forces with Kickstarter to help deliver an updated version of that original 1995 toy & comic release. This figure will be 7 inches tall and come with a huge folding cape and weapon. The articulation in this version will be more than double what the original toy had, and the included comic will be re-drawn by the international award-winning artist and creator of the Spawn character, Todd McFarlane.
As well, this new remastered version will come in its own box with slipcover to help preserve the condition of the figure, comic and packaging. And speaking of the actual blister packaging, it will mimic the original design from the classic toy of 1995, though upgrades will be all across the final product.
A new resealable shell will be used so that you may take out you figure and comic for display, but also be able to return them both into their packaging like you have never opened it in the first place!
Finally, if you choose, you can get an autograph by Todd McFarlane himself. Todd will be personally signing a name plate that can be used for display with your comic and toy. And each autographed item will also come with a bonus weapon: A reimagining of the wooden plank weapon from that original Spawn figure from 1995.
To simplify this offering, there will be only four levels: A CLASSIC costume version. A MODERN costume version (with new head), an ARTIST PROOF (what we’re calling the ‘black & white) and lastly the 3-PAK bundle which will include a Classic, Modern and Black & White figure. The latter two figure getting new head sculpts!)
The first three levels will be offered with or without an autograph while the 3-Pak will only be offered with an autograph. And each of the single figures will have a NEW never seen before covers drawn by Todd McFarlane himself.
This is your chance to get in on history as it repeats itself in this remastered version of the character and toy that helped changed the industry of action figures itself.
Figure Price:
$50 for articulated Spawn figure, weapon, and premium box
$85 for Todd McFarlane signed placard, Spawn articulated figure, weapon, and premium box
Fulfillment:
Shipping in the Continental U.S. will be FREE.
This Kickstarter offering is accepting international orders. Additional shipping will be added to total depending on where a customer’s international destination is located.

I0XcB9J.jpg
RDIFvn6.jpg
id0cJP4.jpg
Ot4Ias1.jpg

All those versions and they're not even releasing one in 12". Damn shame, but at least it won't be 5" like Todd originally implied.

Looking forward to the Kickstarter going up, then we can hopefully make sense of which head(s) come with which figure. :lol

Back