The Simpsons Ultimates! - Super7

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1695765622125.png

That's upsetting. The release choices were odd.

Super7 seems to have been spreading themselves too thin these past couple of years and haven't been able to keep up with the hype and production quality. Hopefully they focus on fewer lines and the quality is better.

Super7 sucks. That really is annoying and a shame that they essentially killed the line by making oddball characters instead of the main ones most of us wanted.

Not sure if I’ll grab any of the remaining pre-order releases or not.

The difference in scale from WoS and odd choices out of the gate didn’t help. Their prices are just too high for what they offer too, even if they are a small company. There is always that challenge of the main character hump that every company faces with a license. You have to keep enough of the core characters while brining in enough new to interest long time collectors that have countless versions of the main characters.

A Simpson family box set would have done really well I think. Shame they didn’t get the whole family out in some form. Almost worse is a Burns without a Smithers.

I have 4 characters pre-ordered through their store, and seeing that the line is dead makes me not even want them anymore. I'll probably just sell them off except for Bartman.

You're given an evergreen license like the Simpsons and you fumble it so bad in the entire time it took to release one wave out of 4, you cancel it before wave 2 even ships out. This is the Super7 way.

I have wave two on pre-order with BBTS. I like that lineup of characters so I think I’ll keep that pre-order. Just sucks that the line is done and we aren’t getting any of the Simpsons family in their main looks.

Super7 sucks. That really is annoying and a shame that they essentially killed the line by making oddball characters instead of the main ones most of us wanted.

Not sure if I’ll grab any of the remaining pre-order releases or not.

I don't think this breakup with Disney is on sales. I got the impression they were going to keep going but they had a disagreement with Disney on the whole. One speculation is that Disney wanted them to make more stuff to support current projects and not just dive into the well of old stuff. They uncharacteristically did figures and even a Supersize vinyl cat from Lightyear. The movie kind of bombed and those figures weren't successful at all. I can totally see it as Disney saying 'stop with the old timey cartoons figures and make pixar stuff'

I don't think this breakup with Disney is on sales. I got the impression they were going to keep going but they had a disagreement with Disney on the whole. One speculation is that Disney wanted them to make more stuff to support current projects and not just dive into the well of old stuff. They uncharacteristically did figures and even a Supersize vinyl cat from Lightyear. The movie kind of bombed and those figures weren't successful at all. I can totally see it as Disney saying 'stop with the old timey cartoons figures and make pixar stuff'
Regardless of the reason Super7 didn’t help the line with their stupid choices for character lineups.

The fact that they didn’t release even one Simpsons family member in their normal look in four waves is beyond dumb.

If they had even made their Bartman figure a Bart with Bartman parts that would have made sense but can’t do that.

Last edited:
Well...so much for that Hank Scorpio PO that I was looking forward to.
From how it sounds they are going to release the figures that were up for pre-order. Just nothing beyond those. I’m curious if wave five will come out as it was teased or if those didn’t make it past the rendering stage and the molds aren’t actually made.

Bummer. I have Moe. Guess I won’t buy anymore. I just wanted the basic characters which they didn’t seem interested in making.

Disney should give the license to someone else and let them make Futurama too.

I have Deep Space Homer, Moe, and Poochie. I was actually considering Robot Itchy and Scratchy too but want to find them cheap.

Regardless of the reason Super7 didn’t help the line with their stupid choices for character lineups.

The fact that they didn’t release even one Simpsons family member in their normal look in four waves is beyond dumb.

If they had even made their Bartman figure a Bart with Bartman parts that would have made sense but can’t do that.

To each their own, I only wanted the oddball figures and wouldn't have bought the regular family. They'd make boring figures.

Well...so much for that Hank Scorpio PO that I was looking forward to.

He's definitely still coming out.

To each their own, I only wanted the oddball figures and wouldn't have bought the regular family. They'd make boring figures.

He's definitely still coming out.
I don’t mind that they made oddball characters, but I wanted the family in their normal looks too. I feel like the line would have done better.

To me the family as normal figures make as much sense as a normal Moe or Krusty or others who are being made.

They could have done one family member per wave and doing that you could have knocked out the family across four waves (assuming Marge came packed with Maggie and maybe Santa’s Little Helper with Bart and Snowball II with Lisa).

I don’t mind that they made oddball characters, but I wanted the family in their normal looks too. I feel like the line would have done better.

To me the family as normal figures make as much sense as a normal Moe or Krusty or others who are being made.

They could have done one family member per wave and doing that you could have knocked out the family across four waves (assuming Marge came packed with Maggie and maybe Santa’s Little Helper with Bart and Snowball II with Lisa).

That’s what they did with TMNT. One turtle per wave. Not sure why they chose this direction for the Simpsons. Wave 4 is completely off the rails.

Still irritated that this line is cancelled, but I think since it is ending early I might try to get all the waves eventually. Won’t pay full price though.

Back