Super7- Star Trek The Next Generation ULTIMATES!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
. All easily done by switching parts.
Huh? How could they switch parts to make Geordi, Troi or Beverly? Geordi's too short to use the same body as the other male characters and they haven't done any female characters yet so how would they switch parts to make Troi and Beverly. Do Worf, Riker, Picard and Data all use the same body? So Riker is the same height as Picard? If so I guess I didn't realize that and might need to cancel my pre-order all together.

Huh? How could they switch parts to make Geordi, Troi or Beverly? Geordi's too short to use the same body as the other male characters and they haven't done any female characters yet so how would they switch parts to make Troi and Beverly. Do Worf, Riker, Picard and Data all use the same body? So Riker is the same height as Picard? If so I guess I didn't realize that and might need to cancel my pre-order all together.
I think they've only shown digital renders so far, and I'm lousy at identifying parts reuse, but I'm going to guess that the only difference between Riker and Data is the length of the legs.

Edit: Looking back at the pictures, maybe Riker and Word will share a bigger torso, hard to tell.

If the line is not selling well, I'm personally a lot less optimistic that they would complete the female members of the crew. Geordi is probably easy, they'll just reuse whatever body they use for Data. Same as other toy companies have done.

I would encourage anyone new to Super 7 to do a bit of research on how their other lines have gone. I think there is an assumption that because they are expensive, they will be high-quality. Another assumption is that digital renders accurately reflect the final product. The reality may be different, and opinions vary, but they've had some significant failures to go along with their successes.

You understood very well what I meant. DST did something similar twenty years ago. Riker Worf, and Q shared parts. Picard, Data, LaForge, and Wesley shared parts. Beverly and Deanna shared parts. Super7 seems to be doing the same thing, though it's hard to tell by their digital renders; they do all look the same height. Maybe you'd be more comfortable back over in the Exo-6 forums- they're still serving the famous Kool-aid.

This Guinan situation was addressed a month ago by Brian Flynn from Super7. It was in a video interview available on YouTube. It was supposed to be about Thundercats but he spoke about several things, such as the state of the toy industry, production runs, and customer orders. He threw out the Guinan cancelation and the cancelation of "The Rescusers" wave of Disney Ultimates.

Super7 isn't going to cancel the line after only two waves and an incomplete crew. We still have LaForge, Dr. Crusher, Counselor Troi, and perhaps Q and Wesley at least. All easily done by switching parts. Judging by their other Ultimates lines, they will at least complete TNG and then see where or if to go from there. They're not like other companies who promise the galaxy and only deliver four or five crew members just so someone can have the unproduced figures in their private collection.
This is right on...this is what B Flynn stated publicly. Just like every other company, they have a MOQ that Guinan didn't meet...as all their products are made to order. The thing that tanked Guinan was that the etailers have started to ONLY order what's been ordered by customers. Super 7 has relied on the etailers ordering additional stock to meet the MOQs required. This past holiday season with all the discounts was a result of the etailers ordering products and then refusing to take it all once the product showed up. Super 7 then started to discount sale all the stuff the etailers refused to buy. This caused the discounts and made B Flynn decide to start offering the bonus packs if ordered directly from S7.

As Supes78/Bats89 said...it's all in the interview. I think the interview was by "Wewantmorethundercats" on YouTube. It's long but its very informative. That's what I like about B Flynn, he's an open book.

Last edited:
You understood very well what I meant. DST did something similar twenty years ago. Riker Worf, and Q shared parts. Picard, Data, LaForge, and Wesley shared parts. Beverly and Deanna shared parts. Super7 seems to be doing the same thing, though it's hard to tell by their digital renders; they do all look the same height. Maybe you'd be more comfortable back over in the Exo-6 forums- they're still serving the famous Kool-aid.
I simply didn't understand what you meant when you said they could switch parts to make figures when there aren't any female or short characters to use as parts to switch with. Personal attacks aren't necessary.

Last edited:
Ultimates is pretty much dead it seems. I was rooting for it and almost dived in but I read stuff that suggested that it's dead. I'd love to be wrong but the uncertainty has lead me to not invest in them until I know they keep going..

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/star-trek-action-figures-canceled-195022003.html
I mean I'm taking a risk doing the EXO-6 but at least they had the Voyager line complete (sans Neelix which seems to be coming some time this year). So I'd think if they could manage that they can probably do a TNG line where the whole crew gets made. Anyways I've got more faith in it especially since the Facebook is so active too.
We're getting no news for Ultimates though? Unless I missed some.

Did they ever show off physical prototypes? I was never going to order just based on computer renders.
They actually did launch the first wave of products (Data, Locutus, Riker), and the figures are available at BBTS and other retailers.

I saw detailed reviews of both Riker and Data on Youtube.

Yeah, the first wave came out before the holidays. I got 'em. Really pleased with all three. They're a bit less statue-like (and more "toy-etic" than the old Diamond Select line. But likenesses are good, with multiple heads and fun accessories. Weirdly they look just like the CG renders.

Back