The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find I am really drained sometimes. What is a good pick me up food besides pasta and pancakes. No caffeine either.

I am in ripping up mode like pretty much every other Summer and when I go cleaner carbs, and lower in calories... I am drowsy. hehe

I find I am really drained sometimes. What is a good pick me up food besides pasta and pancakes. No caffeine either.

I am in ripping up mode like pretty much every other Summer and when I go cleaner carbs, and lower in calories... I am drowsy. hehe

My fav is sweet potato, consider to the best most natural carb for energy while depleting... If u don't like them there's not much else...

If u can cut up on fruits, maybe that would be another route. I personally do not eat fruits while tapering single digits but that is me and my body.

My fav is sweet potato, consider to the best most natural carb for energy while depleting... If u don't like them there's not much else...

If u can cut up on fruits, maybe that would be another route. I personally do not eat fruits while tapering single digits but that is me and my body.

awww Yes, yams, I ate those prior to competition! They are delicious when prepared properly.

I hate sweet potatoes... but I am trying to change... I also hate cottage cheese. :lol

I'm giving it a go on fruits though, and green veggies.

Yea there's other methods but that's on the number one list for cutters while carbing down. I guess because it's the most unprocessed of foods...

I hate sweet potatoes... but I am trying to change... I also hate cottage cheese. :lol

I'm giving it a go on fruits though, and green veggies.
I love sweet potatoes. . .as long as you smother that stuff with sugar and cinnamon. Which probably defeats the point of eating it for health purposes :huh

I can't imagine eating that stuff by itself :monkey4

Damn my legs are sore. After my leg work out I ran but they felt like jello (I think the 96 degree weather was a factor too).

I can finally see the six pack trying to show and damn this is going to be a great summer. Thanks everyone for keeping each of us motivated.

I remember the days when the only protein I could afford was eggs. I was at dozen/day.
Today-5 eggs, 6oz turkey, cup of cantalope, 1/2 gal water.
Still up 6oz turkey, 4 Hb eggs, protein bar and water.

Sean (MaulFan) referred me to this thread. I have been busting my ass at the gym 5 days a week after work, and am now down 20 lbs. since April...and I weigh an even 200 now. 15 lbs. more and I am right where I wanna be (I am 6 feet tall).

Nice to see the hard work paying off.

:rock

Glad to see you joining in, with the spirit and enthusiasm in this thread, that last 15 will disappear in no time.

Awesome man! Welcome! We both are basically doing the same thing, I too started in April (lost 20 lbs since), and I also go 5 days a week. :rock

Great progress man, definitely keep it up! Today I had a ROCKIN arm day, really had them bulging and veiny... it was awesome.

Check out this video, it's a compilation of shots of one of my favorite Body Builders of years past..Tom Platz... Really helps keep me motivated. Dude had the most amazing legs ever... really huge.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/yefNuMQbEtY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/yefNuMQbEtY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:
I have a pretty basic routine-

I've been hitting the gym since high school and have been consistent ever since...I guess thats the key

I usually run twice a week...there are some great trails around my house, so its up and down hills (probably about 6 miles total)
Swimming is Awesome! I go once a week and do about 50 laps...then chill in the sauna.
I do weights 3x a week and always switch up the muscle groups trained.

I avoid fast food at all cost...I don't count chipotle as fast food As long as you avoid the sour cream, etc., its pretty healthy!
No soda whatsoever. I eat more seafood- usually salmon or sushi...then chicken and sometimes red meat. Protein shakes too

Oh.. and I play softball twice a week

Congrats to all those slimming down and getting in shape :rock :bow

I had a nice workout tonight. Nothing special, but I feel great! Just wanted to share :dance

:rock:rock:rock:rock

Awesome work man. I just did a quick late night couple of sets for bicep curls, just for the hell of it.... It was a lot of fun, light weight but got a good pump from it. Now I am just going to drink my Casein shake and go to sleep...

Chest day tomorrow! :banana

I don't know why, but when I was an undergrad, I HATED weight training. It seems like I just felt like crap doing it, and felt like crap when I was done, and I didn't see much improvement even after doing a bit of it, so I didn't have much to keep me at it. I only enjoyed jogging. But now, it feels like I do after I've spent time helping someone move--the relief in the body makes me relax for several hours afterward.

This is really the motivation for me. In an abstract sense, I would like to lose weight and get in better shape, but the good feeling is really what is reinforcing my behavior. I actually look forward to my exercise time every day.

Anyone box or at leasst use a heavy bag for training? I spent a few months going from a 2 min treadmill warmup to 1 min heavy bag, 1min Tm and then back to the bag. Awesome work out.

Back