The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate you.

lol . I could have joined a gym for the rest of my life for what I've put into it , but at Golds gym there were so many people I was always getting sick . Makes no sense going to a gym to improve yourself only to get the flu a dozen times a year . We were packed like cattle in there fighting for machines all the time snd I don't like getting up at 5am in order to have the place to myself .
I bought two half racks , one for squats and one for bench pressing so I don't gave to keep adjusting things . It was on the other side of my house and quite small which I found didn't make me very enthusiastic , so I used over half my basement to make something a little more efficient.
I decided to spend $2500 on 1/2" rubber flooring which is amazing stuff . Sure beats walking on concrete.

I also have to take the bar bell racks apart and repainted them yellow to color match everything . It's kind of an ongoing project . I have other issues to deal with this fall so it's going to have to wait

My gym is in the basement, and looks more depressing than a prison gym (and far less well-equipped). But the fact that it's located in my house, and not elsewhere, is priceless. So no justification of price is needed compared to gym memberships.

Sweet personal gym. I was planing on doing something similar with my basement but the gym is literally 1 block away.

Hey guys I just seen this thread . I am an old fart but still believe in weight lifting . I hate public gyms and made my own in my basement ,and as it was a bit dungeon like before I wanted to spruce it up and create an environment that I wanted to be in .
Funny as that's why I'm here as I was trying to find something to complete the gym and a T800 Endo bust was the answer I think , although I wanted a full scale statue ideally .
It's almost finished so I'll post a few pics . I'm building a sort of display case this weekend for the bust and will update once that side of the gym is complete

I don't care for changing weights on bar bells so I bought them all

Unfortunately it's an old house and has a low ceiling so I had to improvise a bit for the lat machine by putting a hole in the ceiling tile for it to protrude threw . I had a bunch of checker plate aluminum cut to ceiling tile size and it looks awesome .
I cut a hole in the one and since there was a hole I put tri color LEDs in to provide some lighting in it to match the mirror colours .

This is my idea for a weight tree/stand etc . I couldn't find anything for sale that I liked so I built my own with 2/6 boards . I would have preferred to used steel but I'm kinda stuck in a wood domain at the moment .
Anyways I used 1" black floor flanges bolted to the wood which fits 1" gas pipe . I cut each one to the length I liked and covered them with thick heat shrink . Took a few times to get it right but I'm pretty happy with this setup . Installed some checker plate to keep the theme going .
There's 3 of these , one each side of the weight racks (the one for squats not shown yet )

There's more and as soon as it's complete I'll post a few more pics

Nice, + repped.

Cant afford to do one due to lack of space and funds so the current gym I go to now will have to do. But I wanna build something similar to this in the future, if I could afford such luxury. :lol

It has been a long, long while since I've been in this thread. HIIII.

During the holidays last year, I gained. I gained around 5ish lbs. Doesn't sound like much but on a 5' body, it's a lot. I was at 115. I tried little things back and forth but nothing was really working. Finally decided to smarten up. Now, I'm an intermittent faster and I do a lot of high intensity training. I'm 105 now and have some serious muscle tone. It's insane! And I have abs. For real...abs. I've stuck with my regimen for months now and I'm finally in a good place to want to stay active and healthy.

I have a lot of toning still to do. I'm not done, yet. And I'm having a lot of fun.

It has been a long, long while since I've been in this thread. HIIII.

During the holidays last year, I gained. I gained around 5ish lbs. Doesn't sound like much but on a 5' body, it's a lot. I was at 115. I tried little things back and forth but nothing was really working. Finally decided to smarten up. Now, I'm an intermittent faster and I do a lot of high intensity training. I'm 105 now and have some serious muscle tone. It's insane! And I have abs. For real...abs. I've stuck with my regimen for months now and I'm finally in a good place to want to stay active and healthy.

I have a lot of toning still to do. I'm not done, yet. And I'm having a lot of fun.

I wish I had your tenacity , but at 53 it's mostly gone lol

I forget who said it, but I remember reading a while ago a quote that really helps me go down the my basement and do work. This isn't the exact quote, but the same point - "Have you ever had a workout you regretted doing?". This helps me focus on how good I feel after, not how much it sucks during. And on the days I'm "eh" on doing something, it gives me enough of a kick in the ass to go do it.

Hard work pays off in the end, laziness pays off now :D...haha :lol a quote I read and it made me laugh. I recently just got back into working out and like that quote said "have you ever regretted a workout?" It's so true the hardest part is getting there motivated but once you get going :whip you feel great in the end. Keeping up with it is where the work comes in and its the toughest thing to deal with. I feel great cuz I just got home a bit ago from the gym :yess:

When I feel a little lazy, I just go put my workout clothes on. Basically gonna do it after that. No question.

Watchya got in the glass big guy?

koolaid17f-2-web.jpg

Ski

Back