The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice job BadMoon. The first week is always the toughest. I have been doing CrossFit for 3 months now and I remember that first week being a total killer! Now I am really into it and go 4-5 times a week and I am seeing great results. I am 5'10" and 173 lbs and have pretty much stayed at that weight but have lowered by % body fat and put on some additional muscle. I almost have abs again. :lol

Good to see you sticking with your workout regiment. :hi5:

Nice job BadMoon. The first week is always the toughest. I have been doing CrossFit for 3 months now and I remember that first week being a total killer! Now I am really into it and go 4-5 times a week and I am seeing great results. I am 5'10" and 173 lbs and have pretty much stayed at that weight but have lowered by % body fat and put on some additional muscle. I almost have abs again. :lol

Good to see you sticking with your workout regiment. :hi5:

Thanks! The first three days were tough. Once I got through that it's gotten a lot better. Now if I could shake this damn cold I would really be on point! Its not fun jumping all around like crazy and wiping snot all over your t shirt.

^^ I wish I had your problem. No matter how clean I eat or how much cardio I do, fat on my torso just does not want to go away. Last year I could drop fat easily, but for whatever reason, now it's an extreme enigma.

I had my week weigh in this morning. I started at 192. I'm at 186. :yess:

I doubt I will see that much come off each week. From here 2 a week is probably a good goal. I have the day off tomorrow. :clap

I doubt I will see that much come off each week. From here 2 a week is probably a good goal. I have the day off tomorrow. :clap

Nice job! :clap You usually lose the most the first week or so (water weight), so setting your expectations to 2 lbs/week is very realistic.

CrossFit class this morning was a killer. 50 yrd plate push, 20 ring dips, 20 sit ups, and 50 yrd wheelbarrel (walking on your hands). Repeat 3 times. Shoulders were burning after this one. :lol

I'm new to the gym scene, i feel i need a planner or schedule to keep things new each day and different and organized.

My goals are to build muslc mass. I DON'T WANT A WRESTLER TYPE BODY, more like a Bruce Lee type since i'm naturally skinny and to carve my abs and do cardio for fitness.

Any advice on how to make a plan?

I'm just going to state this.

NO ONE, NATURALLY can get super MASSIVE!!!! You won't get HULK-ISH by lifting a few weights, it takes YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS of goin 5-7 days a week 2-3 hours everyday of your life.

Just stating, nothing to worry about getting all ULTRA MASSIVE HUGE overnight. :)

Ski

I'm new to the gym scene, i feel i need a planner or schedule to keep things new each day and different and organized.

My goals are to build muslc mass. I DON'T WANT A WRESTLER TYPE BODY, more like a Bruce Lee type since i'm naturally skinny and to carve my abs and do cardio for fitness.

Any advice on how to make a plan?

I'm pretty sure Bruce Lee had like .05% of body fat so focus on a lean muscle mass by doing 12-15 reps with lighter weights opposed to 8-10 with heavier weights. Factor in tons of cardio, ab work, and a very strict and healthy diet.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Bruce Lee had like .05% of body fat so focus on a lean muscle mass by doing 12-15 reps with lighter weights opposed to 8-10 with heavier weights. Factor in tons of cardio, ab work, and a very strict and healthy diet.

If you're skinny Nova, I'm sure it's ok to do all kinds of reps. Since you need/want to build mass you could even vary between 6 to 12 reps. Like Jamie said, start a very strict and healthy diet, BUT take in more calories than you're body needs. Focus on putting on lean musclemass first. Than when you're at your desired weight, start cutting back and losing that little bit of fat that you added. No doubt you will get to your goal and don't worry about the wrestler-type body. It's like grandmaster Ski says. You don't get big overnight so whenever you feel like you need to put a hold on your growth after many many years you do it. You're in control man! :wave

I'm quite confused about the process i'll have to take to get my body the way i want, not just from the numerous (often contradicting) articles on muscle building, healthy eating and cardio but because my body chemistry is dramatically different than the average persons which puts all the above into question.

With some googling i found some cool testimonials...

https://www.sickandhappy.com/how-to-gain-muscle-part-ii/

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/cystic.htm

This made me curious to see my weight in lbs since i calculate my weight in kg over here, but i converted it and i weigh roughly 120lbs so i could do with some bulk i reckon

I'm quite confused about the process i'll have to take to get my body the way i want, not just from the numerous (often contradicting) articles on muscle building, healthy eating and cardio but because my body chemistry is dramatically different than the average persons which puts all the above into question.

With some googling i found some cool testimonials...

https://www.sickandhappy.com/how-to-gain-muscle-part-ii/

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/cystic.htm

This made me curious to see my weight in lbs since i calculate my weight in kg over here, but i converted it and i weigh roughly 120lbs so i could do with some bulk i reckon

120 lbs?? :horror How tall are you?

I'm just going to state this.

NO ONE, NATURALLY can get super MASSIVE!!!! You won't get HULK-ISH by lifting a few weights, it takes YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS of goin 5-7 days a week 2-3 hours everyday of your life.

Just stating, nothing to worry about getting all ULTRA MASSIVE HUGE overnight. :)

Ski

You could probably stand to gain 20-30 lbs at that height. That would put you in the 150 lb range.

I agree with the two Skis. Your not going to get super massive or become the Hulk overnight. But I really do think you should add some weight to your frame Nova because of your height.

Completed Day One...

Breakfast:

Soft boiled egg (turned out hard :lol) with Wholemeal toasted bread and light butter, for dipping.

Mid-Morning Snack:

Banana and 1/3 protein shake

Spent roughly two hours at the Gym:

10 min light Run on Treadmill

1 set of standard crunches
2 sets of crunches on Swiss ball
2 sets of Oblique twists on swiss ball
2 sets of Jacknives on swiss ball
1 set of ground supermans
1 set of bicycle crunches
1 set of Thai crunches
2 sets of Planks

2 sets of Lat pulls (machine)
2 sets of leg extensions (machine)
2 sets of shoulder presses (machine)
2 sets of adductors (machine)
2 sets tricep pullies (machine)

100 skips

2 sets of Squats (barbell)
2 sets of bench presses (barbell)
2 sets of bicep lifts (barbell)

Post-workout meal:

Chicken, turkey & cheese sandwich

Protein Shake - 80g Strawberries, 80g Raspberries, 3 Eggs, 1 Dextrose Tablet, 2 tsps of Flaxseed Oil, Ice, 200ml Milk, 100g Rolled Oats

I'm gonna be so sore tommorrow :lol

Next gym session will be Friday

Last edited:
Back