The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, I need some help with my workout routine protein shakes... I just finished all 90 days of P90x (which was awesome and I shed a lot of weight and really put on some good muscle and toned up nicely), but now I'm going to do P90x again just because I loved the results that I got the first time around.

As a recovery drink, I've been taking Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Natural 100% Whey (about 24g of protein per scoop) after working out, and I felt that it really did a great job. I just went to the supplement store and I was talking to the employee and he recommended continuing to take ON Whey but whenever throughout the day (mainly in the AM) and then specifically taking Allmax Nutrition Isoflex Whey Protein Isolate (about 27g or protein) directly after a workout as it has the more protein. Any thoughts on this? Am I better off with a direct recovery drink or something that has creatine in it? Thanks! I'm not necessarily trying to lose too much weight now but more bulk/tone up more.

Last edited:
You shouldn't be taking a protein shake directly after a workout. You should be waiting at least 45 min. (IF YOU ARE TAKING IT WITH ANY KIND OF SUGAR THAT IS) You want the natural HGH already running through your system to work a bit. Insulin will ruin this. And taking a shake will cause a spike in it. You don't need a PW shake directly after a workout, don't believe the hype. It's all about selling supps. Wait an hour then have one. (those choices are fine)

Last edited:
Thanks for the response bud! Yea the Allmax Nutrition Whey Protein Isoflex has 0g sugar, 0g fat and aspartame-free so I should be good to go on that then.

IMO... I'd dump shakes TBH. You'll be even leaner.

If time is factor eat a bigger meal to make the calories and macros.

P.S. Oh btw, did I ever get back to you about a Terminator paintup? :lol I'm pretty sure I did my head is spinning these days in my inbox.

Ski

I couldn't eat the amount of protein I'd need in a day without supplementing shakes.

^^^^ REALLY, jesus I feel like I'm starving if I don't. :lol

Yea it's pretty easy for me but I also graze a bit with protein, grilled nuggets (cut up from chicken breast), shrimp, etc...

Ski

You shouldn't be taking a protein shake directly after a workout. You should be waiting at least 45 min. (IF YOU ARE TAKING IT WITH ANY KIND OF SUGAR THAT IS) You want the natural HGH already running through your system to work a bit. Insulin will ruin this. And taking a shake will cause a spike in it. You don't need a PW shake directly after a workout, don't believe the hype. It's all about selling supps. Wait an hour then have one. (those choices are fine)

I take a shake with dextro 30-45 min after a workout. When do I eat my next meal?

IMO... I'd dump shakes TBH. You'll be even leaner.

If time is factor eat a bigger meal to make the calories and macros.

P.S. Oh btw, did I ever get back to you about a Terminator paintup? :lol I'm pretty sure I did my head is spinning these days in my inbox.

Ski

I couldn't eat the amount of protein I'd need in a day without supplementing shakes.

I would dump shakes but I really can't consume all that protein without the shakes either.

And yep Ski you did, thanks! I completely forgot to reply, but thanks for reminding me :D

Ran the Spartan Sprint yesterday. It's just under 4 miles with 15 obstacles throughout and lots of mud. Loved it and will be doing it again next year. Has anyone else done one of these races? They have them all over the country. Here are some shots...

Before
406345_4628508197214_1192582240_n.jpg

Spiderman! (black costume version)
562910_4628523157588_203433541_n.jpg

Almost done...
215709_4628532677826_577158916_n.jpg

Facing (trying to sneak by) the gladiators...
406335_4628532997834_1266368683_n.jpg

Victory! (Did I mention the mud?)
376739_4628535637900_217745897_n.jpg

Awesome pics Ski! Way to go. :rock

I'm trying to lean up a bit and have been doing fairly well. I'm trying to not pay too much attention to the number on the scale because I have been doing more weights and I'd like to think that I'm gaining muscle :lol

But I am completely cutting out desserts and eating fairly clean too.

Just bought some whey and BCAAS, patiently waiting lol. I take my shake within 1 hour of the end of my workout. I usually do it directly after but I will try the 45 minute wait.

That Spartan run looks amazing, I'm definitely going to do it at their Toronto date next summer :D :rock

I definitely feel like I'd be 'that guy' to get hit in the face by one of the those gladiators though... I wonder if we can hit back? Haha :lol :slap

Nice Mr. Ski! Every year in the first weekend of june I participate in what we call a Survival Run. It's a little over 8 miles and has 36 obstacles (Rope Climbing, swimming, walking through muddy ditches, monkey bars, catcrawl, canoeing, running/swimming with car tyres etc.).

Back