The Short Round Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did some more sculpting to the head. More pictures to come next week, I totally forgot about a family reunion this week. I?ll be gone until Sunday.
And before you say ?have fun? I won?t. But thanks anyway!

:lol

Well, you took the words right out of my mouth so... have a time. :lol

Eager to see the revised sculpt.

I really think Indy, Mola Ram and Short Round make a fantastic trio to represent the movie.

If I was inclined to crowd the display further, it wouldn't be Wllie... I think I'd prefer one of Mola's Acolytes painted white... or one of his maroon Guards. I think the Chief Guard's outfit is too similar color-wise to Mola Ram and would take away from his presence.

Not that Marion had much of a shelf-popping wardrobe either, but what would a Willie wear? :lol

That sequined opening gown didn't figure much... the tuxedo-looking outfit was just for traveling... so the maharaja get-up is the only thing that fits with Indy and Mola.

willie doom outfit.jpg

willie wardrobe.jpg

It is surprisingly complicated with all the necklaces and ornate bits... lots of details in the gown... too much work for the price. And getting that headdress onto a sculpt where it looks proper will be a real task unless the entire "crown" is sculpted into the head.

Last edited:
Yeah, don't need Willie. I don't really "need" Short Round, but it's happening.

Short Round is a welcome addition that I didn't think I would get. He's small and easy to fit in the display, and he's one of the more memorable things about ToD. He has the best lines.

Willie really adds nothing to my display, and isn't one of the better aspects to the movie.

I'd almost prefer to have the screaming man with the Shish Kabob impaled in his chest.

For me Willie is just as integral a part of TOD as any other character, and I can't imagine it working half as well without her, or without all the great banter between her and Indy (and she wasn't that bad to look at either).

Obviously her sequined outfit was the most memorable, but she also wore her black and white suit for much of the movie and I think it would stand out really well on the shelf. And probably be much easier to pull off.

indiana_jones_and_the_temple_of_doom.jpg

Shorty is a definite but adding Willie would be fantastic for those that have the custom mine cart.

The only issue for me is that would need to build a ToD Indy, which I don't have now and as we all know, building a good Indy is not inexpensive...

@davejames

Yes I feel pretty much the same. I have never understood the hate for her character. The dialogue between the three of them is brilliant throughout.

"I have just about had it with you two!"

For me she is a must for my custom mine cart or even as part of the rope bridge or on the yellow life raft. I have two Short Rounds already and one is in the mine cart but he would look better with a Willie and Indy in beside him.

davejames, if you don't have Marion, then you can't have a Willie. :)

On a side note: I always thought Willie was wearing Indy's tuxedo from the opening, since she was absconded without anything to wear.

Last edited:
Is she not just wearing much of Indy's tux outfit here? After all, its not like she jumped out that Club Obi-Wan window with a suitcase in tow...

For me Willie is just as integral a part of TOD as any other character, and I can't imagine it working half as well without her, or without all the great banter between her and Indy (and she wasn't that bad to look at either).

Obviously her sequined outfit was the most memorable, but she also wore her black and white suit for much of the movie and I think it would stand out really well on the shelf. And probably be much easier to pull off.

View attachment 497157

Oh yeah you guys are right! After he changes in the plane we see Willie put on his suit jacket, and then next time we see her she's wearing the entire suit. It all happens so fluidly I somehow never made the connection before. Or I've just seen the movie so many times that it's all become a blur by now. Lol

Of course I'm sure the costume designer probably redesigned it somewhat to make it look looser and more feminine on her.

Just a few more pictures of the "working out the bugs", I did cast and slopped some paint on the hat. The sculpt is almost there (this picture isn't how it looks now.) and the shirt is the fist pass on the pattern and plaid design.

Shortroundshirt1.jpg

Coming along nicely, Spenser. I love these sneak peeks as a project moves along.

I'm also really curious about that new body.

Of course I'm sure the costume designer probably redesigned it somewhat to make it look looser and more feminine on her.

It does look like they've "tinkered" with the wardrobe, as it appears like Willie has some sort of wrap around her waist that is tied, giving what should just be a pair of tux pants a more Asian influence.

Back