The Official "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Official "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie thread *SPOILERS*

IGN Article

The Hobbit Passes Two Lord of the Rings Movies at Box Office
Prequel outperforms Fellowship of the Ring and Two Towers worldwide.
by Max Nicholson JANUARY 29, 2013

Say what you will about Peter Jackson's first installment of The Hobbit, but there's no denying that the Lord of the Rings director's latest trip to Middle-earth has been a box office knockout. That was made even clearer this week when The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey surpassed two of its predecessors: The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring and The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers.

Since its debut on December 14, The Hobbit has earned $939,859,000 worldwide, according to Box Office Mojo, with foreign figures (69%) putting it over the top. Domestically, however, the prequel film is up to $293.2 million, which is still short of all three The Lord of the Rings movies.

As for Return of the King, that film still holds the franchise's crown for highest worldwide gross at $1.19 billion. (It also won the Oscar for Best Picture in 2003.)

Jackson's next film in the series, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, opens December 13, 2013.

Via Deadline

Max Nicholson is a writer for IGN, and he desperately seeks your approval. Show him some love by following @Max_Nicholson on Twitter, or MaxNicholson on IGN.

Guess I can hold off on my sixth viewing and just wait a month and a half for the BRD now. :lol

Yeah, no doubt. We are definitely spoiled by how fast movies get released to DVD/Blue Ray and TV now. I remember when I was a kid and it was years before Star Wars was available for VHS and it was like $150.00.:horror I think it was like 1982 or '83 before it hit the movie channels on cable. I don't even remember the channel (I think it was ONTV - I'm showing every bit of my 40 years right now:lol) but I must have watched the original Star Wars like 30 times that summer.:yess:

I might. All depends on the features.

5th and final theatre viewing coming up :rock

Don't think i'll buy the BR, think i'll wait for the EE.

Don't think i'll buy the BR, think i'll wait for the EE.

Well you will be waiting until about November/December then.:wink1:

I will own both versions of EE and TE on reg and BR formats just like LOTR

Has anyone seen pictures of the ring that was made for the actors who played the dwarves plus Sir Ian and Martin Freeman? It was made by the person who made The One Ring and given to all of them. It has a stone to represent The Arkenstone and smaug and other details on it.

I saw a video with them talking about it and they said they did this rather than get tattoos like the Fellowship got. I would love to see it!

Haven't seen anything about that. Ring sounds cool though.

I wonder what they would get if put on Ebay...5k at least IMHO

Well you will be waiting until about November/December then.:wink1:

That's fine! I already own a copy of the movie, no sense in buying a version i got. The EE is where it's at for me.

Back