The Official "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Official "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie thread *SPOILERS*

The theatrical LOTR DVD's didn't have any sneak peeks of the upcoming movie. Those were put on the EE's.

The theatrical LOTR DVD's didn't have any sneak peeks of the upcoming movie. Those were put on the EE's.

Yeah it did. It was a great one too. I think it was a good 10 minutes.

lotr_menu02.jpg

The only preview for the extended editions was for the Fellowship. It was an easter egg to watch the very first Two Towers teaser that debuted towards the end of the Fellowship's theatrical run.

So here's hoping we see a Sneak Peek at Desolation of Smaug.

If not I'm sure we'll get some of those great production vids Jackson does. Isn't one due soon?

As far as I know the vlogs will be on the TE Blu.

Nope, too late, they sold out. I have the regular one.

I was gonna but I didn't see it until later today. Would have been cool to have won one of those gold ticket prizes.

EDIT:

Never mind, I didn't know there was ANOTHER one coming out for characters and stuff. The blue book version.

The new book (signed version) isn't.

I like that cover a lot. I might buy this version. Depending on the features.

Nice! Can't wait for March then. I think I may go see it again this weekend though.

Here's a pic of the cover anyways.

b356854051fc4685219542297761559d.jpg

Mine 7 weeks from now!

repeat to myself...

"I will wait for the Extended Ediion"

I really dont want to buckle and buy this, because when I bought the LOTR EE's, I never watched the TE's again.

repeat to myself...

I really dont want to buckle and buy this, because when I bought the LOTR EE's, I never watched the TE's again.

I saw Fellowship was on one of the movie channels and I kept anticipating scenes that weren't there. :lol Same as you, haven't seen the TE's since I got the EE's, and it was a bit of a shock.

I, however, plan on buying both on BD for The Hobbit!

March 19th? That's so quick! Or is 3 months normal?

I suppose the sooner it comes to DVD, the more time there is for more people to get hyped for DOS.

repeat to myself...

I like going back every once in awhile to watch the TE's.

IMO they are better movies (as far as filmmaking goes) than the EE's.

120 days is about the norm from release. At least that's what I've read several times before. Plus the EE is supposed to be outages this year. It's al about timing.

120 days is about the norm from release. At least that's what I've read several times before. Plus the EE is supposed to be outages this year. It's al about timing.

Timing means making more money...Video sales will be big for Hobbit also...add millions and millions of dollars for video sales and rentals as well...The next two Hobbit films are all profit for Warner Bros...2 billion dollars plus...

Timing means making more money...Video sales will be big for Hobbit also...add millions and millions of dollars for video sales and rentals as well...The next two Hobbit films are all profit for Warner Bros...2 billion dollars plus...

Yeah, its about striking and making the most money you can. I expect a few more million will come in from the home video market and then a re-relase just before DoS comes out. Of course after that the next two movies will add a couple more billion if not a bit more to that and WB will walk away really happy.

Back