The Official "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Official "The Hobbit" movie thread

I also hope in these 3 films they dwell into the history of the 5 wizards and there coming and reason for entering middle earth...

I don't know if they'll get into that or not. Probably not to be honest and some of it may be due to its tie to the Sil.

Yeah. PJ needs to save stuff for the Silmarillion films. :lecture

Yeah. PJ needs to save stuff for the Silmarillion films. :lecture

Would be cool but unless the Tolkien Estate changes their stance on the movies it won't happen. They seriously dislike the movies.

I don't know if they'll get into that or not. Probably not to be honest and some of it may be due to its tie to the Sil.

The 5 wizards showed up in the third age about 1000 years after Sauron lost the ring...so I think they can throw some of the history in

The 5 wizards showed up in the third age about 1000 years after Sauron lost the ring...so I think they can throw some of the history in

Not if they don't have the rights to it.

Not if they don't have the rights to it.

The first and most of the second age for the most part I can understand...but the third age (especially from the Appendices in ROTK)...I assume is already rights owned from LOTR...otherwise one could say the same about Moria and other stories from the ROTK Appendices to fill in the gaps that were not written down in the Hobbit...Time will tell I guess

Only things that are in the appendices can be filmed as far as I know (outside of the stories themselves). So if it's not there and I don't re,e,ber if it is then they can't. Also putting it in there I don't think aides the story all that much to be honest. Not for the casual movie goer I should say.

Only things that are in the appendices can be filmed as far as I know (outside of the stories themselves). So if it's not there and I don't re,e,ber if it is then they can't. Also putting it in there I don't think aides the story all that much to be honest. Not for the casual movie goer I should say.

The 5 wizards are in the appendices...Morias history,Dol Guldor etc all there...Keeping my fingers crossed that the 3 films are 3 hrs each and hoping for 3 1/2 hr spec ed and include as much info as we wish...LOL

I expect each movie to be pretty close to 3 hours and then some kind of EE for each.

I expect each movie to be pretty close to 3 hours and then some kind of EE for each.

The longer it is the better...Like LOTR this is one trilogy I wont want to see end

Since when was this turned into 3 films? Haven't been following this thread at all but remember it originally being split up into TWO films (which was long enough considering it's based on one single book).

Edit: One page ack. Thank goodness, I thought it'd require more digging!

Last edited:

9+ hours of movie for a 300 page children's book? There's gonna have to be A LOT of new/added stuff then.

The book was simplified. I think the battles and Smaug parts of the book will be extended quite a bit.

If I can remember right, the Battle at Helms Deep was a very short read in Two Towers, but look what they did to it on screen.

haven't really kept up with this much, but Peter Jackson is still involved, yes?

I dunno if I can take 3 more hobbit movies, hopefully we'll get some more human characters to follow along as well, that would help keep me interested in the now extended story.

Back