The Official "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Official "The Hobbit" movie thread

So, apparently, the 48 FPS version might only be getting a very limited release? I hope that's not the case, as I'm very curious to see what it'd look like.

I haven't heard to be honest but I wouldn't be surprised as theaters have to upgrade and that takes time.

I'm not going to worry about it since that version won't be showing anywhere near me.

Thanks Bat. We just posted something about it on torn this morning as well. Sounds like WB is doing about what I thought with its not ready in all cities yet, and just incase not everyone likes it.

Got my set of books today. Looking forward to going through them.

I was in 6th grade when ROTK came out. So yeah, definitely the movies.

Though, I did have all 3 read under my belt before it came out. :yess:

I remember seeing FOTR for the first time in theaters, and fell in love.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nJ4Voyrk9U[/ame]

Gandalf singing kills me. :lol

I was in 6th grade when ROTK came out. So yeah, definitely the movies.

Though, I did have all 3 read under my belt before it came out. :yess:

I remember seeing FOTR for the first time in theaters, and fell in love.

Man, I was getting close to graduate from college when ROTK came out in theaters. :lol

Yeah, after seeing fotr and my mom having read the book I decided to make the trek through the books as well.

Books main reason for me plus these were the books that really got me into the awesome habit of reading alot fulltime 40 some-odd years ago...LOTR/Hobbit readings lead into some great things in my life...reading is so important...even back then I was say to myself and friends.."Man, can you imagine making this into a movie? That would be so cool."

Although back then the LOTR effects would have looked like HR Puffinstuff(I bet a few of you are wondering what is this?)...Did you know they were going to make a Live action LOTR film back around 1980-81...John Boorman wanted to do it but after realizing that it would be impossible(cost and lack of Spec Effects) they scratched it and made Excalibur instead...

I haven't decided yet if I'm going to take a personal day on the 15th after the midnight showing. I won't get home till probably around 3am and I have to get up for work at 6am.

Ouch! :lol

Back