The Official "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Official "The Hobbit" movie thread

That's awesome! That's like the one they had at comic-con but it was painted up like normal.

Here's one I took at comic-con.

IMG_5035.jpg

Yeah, it was a pretty cool looking item. Had to get a picture of it.

Hoping for a 1/6 license announcement in the next 2-3 months.

I think you can keep wishing on that one. For all we know the 1/6th statue license covers that scale.

Grabbed the hardcover set myself. Will be interesting to read how it could have been different.

Thanks FE....didn't know about these. Just ordered a two-book boxed set from US Amazon.

No problem :rock2

Grabbed the hardcover set myself. Will be interesting to read how it could have been different.

Yeah there's a section where he re-writes it to fit tonally into LOTR before realizing it's fine as it is.

Cool! That will be fun to read. I have the annotated hobbit and will have to see if that's in there. This will be cool because for as much as I've learned about Tolkien I did not know this bit of info.

Yeah, for anyone who doesn't like statues at all. I'd get 1:6th figures but I do believe as a whole lotr/the hobbit collectors seem to be more statue collectors.

Yeah, for anyone who doesn't like statues at all. I'd get 1:6th figures but I do believe as a whole lotr/the hobbit collectors seem to be more statue collectors.

Let's face it. The 1/6 figures that were available weren't that great. If HT or even Sideshow NOW would do them, they'd be 100% better than what was produced before. Sideshow's clothing was wonderful, but those headsculpts/paintjobs.... :monkey4

Bilbo, Thorin and GTG is all i need.

Ok, maybe a new Legolas, a Saurman.....

Nevermind!

Let's face it. The 1/6 figures that were available weren't that great. If HT or even Sideshow NOW would do them, they'd be 100% better than what was produced before. Sideshow's clothing was wonderful, but those headsculpts/paintjobs.... :monkey4

The toy biz stuff was ok. It wasn't great but alright but the ones SS did were pretty solid. I agree with how much both companies have improved they would be even better.

Back