The Official "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Official "The Hobbit" movie thread

Man, a 1/6 Hot Toys complete Fellowship. Hnnnnnngggggggg.

I hope they never get the license.

The toy biz stuff was ok. It wasn't great but alright but the ones SS did were pretty solid. I agree with how much both companies have improved they would be even better.

I have all the SS ones and they're okay, but leave something to be desired. I think of all of them, Boromir is the best.

ToyBiz did a few good ones, like Bilbo.

If HT would do them, we'd be just as fustrated as we are with SS cause you know they would never do all of the fellowship. :gah:

I agree of ht did lotr or the hobbit they'd never finish for sure.

Yeah, for anyone who doesn't like statues at all. I'd get 1:6th figures but I do believe as a whole lotr/the hobbit collectors seem to be more statue collectors.

And statue collectors are huffing poop if they think they'll ever see the complete Fellowship in any form from SSC. :lecture:lecture:lecture

I di$agree.

Well, lotr has been my collecting focus so I'll trust my judgement on how things tend to go with collecting lotr/the hobbit.

And statue collectors are huffing poop if they think they'll ever see the complete Fellowship in any form from SSC. :lecture:lecture:lecture

Actually, they've done it once with Weta during the SSW statues and I will guarantee that this new statue line will see all nine members done again.

Actually, they've done it once with Weta during the SSW statues and I will guarantee that this new statue line will see all nine members done again.

Still waiting on that 1:6 Indy line continuation you and Carl both "guaranteed" like, what, 3 years ago? :impatient: :lol

Still waiting on that 1:6 Indy line continuation you and Carl both "guaranteed" like, what, 3 years ago? :impatient: :lol

Hey now. :lol There's actually still at least 1-2 1:6 INDY items in various stages of development at Sideshow. Now whether or not they'll actually bite the bullet and get around to putting them into production I have no idea. It does seem increasingly unlikely as time passes. But crazier things have happened, I guess. I wouldn't bet the farm one way or the other, but I do lean toward skeptical at this point.

I think the acquisition of the DC license did change a lot of plans as well. Which is fine, because that stuff is killer so far.

Hey now. :lol There's actually still at least 1-2 1:6 INDY items in various stages of development at Sideshow. Now whether or not they'll actually bite the bullet and get around to putting them into production I have no idea. It does seem increasingly unlikely as time passes. But crazier things have happened, I guess. I wouldn't bet the farm one way or the other, but I do lean toward skeptical at this point.

I think the acquisition of the DC license did change a lot of plans as well. Which is fine, because that stuff is killer so far.

Yup, it's bringing the Joe line to a crawl, which may cost them some collectors who get bored and move on to other stuff. They've never understood the concept of momentum.

Yup, it's bringing the Joe line to a crawl, which may cost them some collectors who get bored and move on to other stuff. They've never understood the concept of momentum.

:lecture Absolutely agreed. They've been guilty of that with pretty much every line they've ever undertaken (some worse than others)... including Star Wars. It's so frustrating.

I'd be willing to shave my head bald if I'm wrong.:lol
That's a weak bet, dude. You shave your head every now and then anyway. :lol

Back