The Matrix 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The get progressively...less interesting, convoluted, messy...I don't know how to describe them. They're still good but the 3rd suffers from having to tie things up.
I enjoyed Reloaded and Revolutions, but there is one way they fall short of the original and it has to do with their structure. R&R are philosophically dense, even more so than the first, but the philosophy just kind of... exists apart from the story. In the first Matrix, most of the philosophical dialogue drives the plot or the characters' motivations in a critical way. Either you learn something valuable that develops the characters, or the conversation sets something into motion. In R&R, there are many scenes where the characters sit around and say things that sound cool, but 99% of the dialogue has no significance. They'll occasionally drop a clue or explanation for a future event, but most of the scene is philosophy for its own sake. The plot either happens independently of the conversation and interrupts it or the conversation ends and the movie continues from there.

I guess you could say the sequels take the scenic route. The Merovingian encounter is a good example, but I'll admit it's still entertaining.

I enjoyed Reloaded and Revolutions, but there is one way they fall short of the original and it has to do with their structure. R&R are philosophically dense, even more so than the first, but the philosophy just kind of... exists apart from the story. In the first Matrix, most of the philosophical dialogue drives the plot or the characters' motivations in a critical way. Either you learn something valuable that develops the characters, or the conversation sets something into motion. In R&R, there are many scenes where the characters sit around and say things that sound cool, but 99% of the dialogue has no significance. They'll occasionally drop a clue or explanation for a future event, but most of the scene is philosophy for its own sake. The plot either happens independently of the conversation and interrupts it or the conversation ends and the movie continues from there.

I guess you could say the sequels take the scenic route. The Merovingian encounter is a good example, but I'll admit it's still entertaining.

I never really looked at it this way but this is extremely valid now that you pointed it out.

It will be interesting to see how 4 falls. Somehow I just don't trust this was a passion project for the creators. I feel its their "get back into Hollywood" card after Speed Racer.

He talked so much and said so little but that lady eating the cake was hot. I thought he gave her diarrhea when I first saw the film. :LOL:

I never really looked at it this way but this is extremely valid now that you pointed it out.

It will be interesting to see how 4 falls. Somehow I just don't trust this was a passion project for the creators. I feel its their "get back into Hollywood" card after Speed Racer.
Just Speed Racer lol

This could a a Rambo 4 situation. Good film and good send off for the series and characters, but they'll get greedy, and make Matrix Last Blood and **** it all up again.

I never saw it, but the cast and costumes were on point.
On a technical level one of the most gorgeous HD image I was ever able to achieve on a TV calibration.

The movie images popped!

57FA0886-F8BC-4A4C-99BE-D4EE5693774C.jpeg

The Matrix: Resuscitations

:lol

Should be the title here.

Or maybe: The Matrix: Transitions

I was thinking The Matrix: Regurgitation. Note to self - Order a large drink on opening night.

Are Matrix 2 and 3 any good?

A simple yes or no answer will suffice.

Just asking for a friend.
The one with Monica Bellucci is good by default. Try and change my mind - those are hills I'm willing to die on. :love

I've watched the trailer like 10 times already, probably because of the music.

Having said that, there's not a single shot in that trailer that feels truly original, unlike the OG trilogy. It's like watching The Rolling Stones or Guns n Roses in 2021, you get the same old people playing their greatest hits in a brand new modern stage show.

I do like the commentary of people being on their cellphones and tables. Neo looking at all the people plugged in even inside the Matrix is like they're not only asleep in the real world but also inside the Matrix itself, they're connected to technology and disconnected from everything. That's cool.

Neo looks good with his G-Zeus look. Trinity doesn't look that old. Young Morpheus looks ok, but his head is a bit too big for the shaved head style, so he looks like he's cosplaying as Morpheus.

I will watch it in theaters and get Covid. I think it might be Covid worthy. :D

Well maybe the Stones, but definitely not GnR. At least we can recognize Neo & Trinity - GnR only has Axl left, and he doesn't look anything like his former self. :lol

Carrie-Anne Moss looks good, but she's definitely showing her age. She looks like she's lost a little weight since her Marvel Netflix appearances, but there's still quite a bit of junk in that trunk - not that there's anything wrong with that. Black clothes can only camouflage so much. No more skin-tight vinyl for her (Thank God).

snapshot.jpg

Clearly you haven't been paying attention: Slash and Duff have been back in GNR since 2016.

But that's a great analogy. They're on tour, again, right now. You can go and see some fat guys pushing 60 that really look an awful lot like "the most dangerous band in the world" from the early 90s. And also a collection of session musicians filling in for the missing members on stage. And the music sounds the same. After all, they just play the greatest hits and have no new songs. But Axl looks and sounds like Mama Fratelli now. It's still Guns N' Roses, but this is a Guns N' Roses you never really wanted to see.

The one with Monica Bellucci is good by default. Try and change my mind - those are hills I'm willing to die on. :love

She was something else. Her Italian films are the best because she's often naked and innocent in them.
Well maybe the Stones, but definitely not GnR. At least we can recognize Neo & Trinity - GnR only has Axl left, and he doesn't look anything like his former self.

Alx looks like Chucky now. Slash, Duff, Dizzy, and Izzy Stradlin (some shows) are all back. They're putting the band back together.

:lol

Carrie-Anne Moss looks good, but she's definitely showing her age. She looks like she's lost a little weight since her Marvel Netflix appearances, but there's still quite a bit of junk in that trunk - not that there's anything wrong with that. Black clothes can only camouflage so much. No more skin-tight vinyl for her (Thank God).
Trinity with a big butt is an upgrade within the Matrix by Neo :LOL:

Clearly you haven't been paying attention: Slash and Duff have been back in GNR since 2016.

No I haven't, and frankly I didn't think anyone else was either!

She was something else. Her Italian films are the best because she's often naked and innocent in them.

Alx looks like Chucky now. Slash, Duff, Dizzy, and Izzy Stradlin (some shows) are all back. They're putting the band back together.

Trinity with a big butt is an upgrade within the Matrix by Neo :LOL:
An apt quote, as Axl is shaped like John Belushi was in The Blues Brothers. :lol Now excuse me while I go cue up my copy of Malena and dim the lights...

Last edited:
I'm just happy Trinity didn't damage her face with plastic surgery like so many other actresses from the 90's.

Meg Ryan, Ashley Judd (personal favorite), Demi Moore, Catherine Zeta Jones, Tara Reid, Teri Hatcher, Famke Jensen, Mickey Rourke (he carries a purse), so many... :cry:

This was one of those Grace Slick’s songs that I could not tolerate so I’m thankful that the trailer was able to tone down her ear piercing vocals from that song and it worked perfectly for the tone they were going for.

I'm just happy Trinity didn't damage her face with plastic surgery like so many other actresses from the 90's.

Meg Ryan, Ashley Judd (personal favorite), Demi Moore, Catherine Zeta Jones, Tara Reid, Teri Hatcher, Famke Jensen, Mickey Rourke (he carries a purse), so many... :cry:
Same here. Robin Lefler is still my all-time favorite Star Trek character. :monkey5

I didn't think plastic surgery messed up her appearance. I thought it was due to receiving regular botox injections to treat severe migraines.

Screenshot 2021-09-09 at 21-12-46 Lefler webp (WEBP Image, 713 × 1017 pixels) — Scaled (49%).png

Back