The Marvels

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember that Endgame guy. Ridiculous. No movie is that good. And who was paying for his tickets because you'd have to be unemployed to have the kind of time to see a movie 100 times or whatever.
Unemployed or retired. I wouldn’t but I suppose I could see a movie 100 times. But then I’d be retired and divorced lol.

I went twice but only paid the first time - and that was on the opening Thursday afternoon for $7 lol. My daughter treated me to viewing #2 that Saturday night. I may have neglected to mention I’d seen it already…
The sacrifices a parent makes for their child.
What you did in life will echo in eternity.

Last edited:
I still think it’s a fine movie for what it is. Marvel does, however, desperately need a reset—which is what Secret Wars should give them. That will be the perfect chance to wipe the slate clean, send off the old guard, 100% recast, learn from their mistakes, and plot out a new, cohesive 10-year to 15-year plan. However, all the resetting in the world won’t help if the MCU emerges into the same divisive and toxic political climate. This has become absolutely insane.

We’ve all watched our favorite movies hundreds of times.

C’mon, Star Wars, Indy, Die Hard, Predator, Aliens, Road Warrior, Terminator, CTB….that list can easily go on for another 300 movies!

Not in the theater sure but at home they’re on constant rotation.
I don't understand how you can do that and not totally kill the experience. The movies I've watched most times throughout the years are probably the Star Wars Trilogy and Aliens, but I still haven't seen them more than approx. 8-10 times each since the 80's. If I watch a movie too often I'll get tired of it nomatter how good it is.

We’ve all watched our favorite movies hundreds of times.

C’mon, Star Wars, Indy, Die Hard, Predator, Aliens, Road Warrior, Terminator, CTB….that list can easily go on for another 300 movies!

Not in the theater sure but at home they’re on constant rotation.
Nah. Like wormlander, I'd get sick of a movie if I was watching it repeatedly like that. Now, he said 8-10 times, I'm sure I've gone a good bit over that but I'd be surprised if I was more than say, 50, for even the best movies - from when they came out to now.

Nothing to do with any of that.

Infinity Saga made sense there was a narrative line to follow.

Multiverse Saga is an unmitigated disaster of studio ending proportions!

Everyone and their grandmother opened a damn portal lol

Kitchen sink much.
I will admit, I was never a fan of the Avengers. I only ever read Avengers stories in Secret Wars, which is why it's quite nice to see Monica at last. I read X-men and Captain America, plus early Spiderman and FF when I was young. The movies made me like the Avengers, and Thor, and Ant Man, so I am probably carrying a lot less baggage.

I dislike the Multiverse too, while at the same time acknowledging that it is a huge part of MCU history. But I agree, it would not have been my go-to storyline. I've always thought Kang was rubbish. I wonder if they only picked it as a convoluted way to bring X-Men and FF into the MCU.

Still, the Spiderman crossover worked really well.

I would rather they used something like the Seige Perilous to recast characters.

I agree with wormlander and a-dev because I can only watch ALIENS maybe 8-10 times tops in a single sitting before I need to get up and take a break.
I watched so many times in a row that an alien literally chest- bursted out of me at the dinner table…not a pretty sight at In-law Christmas dinner…

Last edited:
My top 400 are always on rotation but it takes quite awhile to get back to # 1.
Yeah, there will never come a time where I ever say "I've watched the SW OT, ALIENS, LOTR, Robocop, Conan, Raiders, etc., enough times in my life so I'll just stop permanently now." There will always be another viewing of each of my top favorites in my future until the day I die.

Yeah, there will never come a time where I ever say "I've watched the SW OT, ALIENS, LOTR, Robocop, Conan, Raiders, etc., enough times in my life so I'll just stop permanently now." There will always be another viewing of each of my top favorites in my future until the day I die.
Well yeah, I agree with that. I'd just be surprised if I've clocked up 100 viewings of ESB, Alien/s, T1/T2, Predator and Robocop. These are pretty much my favorite movies of all time and I'll probably watch them once in a 3 year period. When I was a child I probably would have had a higher quantity of viewings such that I learned the dialogue and so on but I would have since balanced it out with viewings further and further apart. I have no way of knowing for sure but I doubt I'm into the 100s.

I still think it’s a fine movie for what it is. Marvel does, however, desperately need a reset—which is what Secret Wars should give them. That will be the perfect chance to wipe the slate clean, send off the old guard, 100% recast, learn from their mistakes, and plot out a new, cohesive 10-year to 15-year plan. However, all the resetting in the world won’t help if the MCU emerges into the same divisive and toxic political climate. This has become absolutely insane.
Fine isn’t good enough anymore.

Surely this off topic timeline is going to get pruned but because of my kids there are certain films on heavy rotation, I just checked my Letterboxd viewing stats and while not completely accurate due to the fact I’ve only been logging 10 years so older films I definitely seen more, impossible to say how many times I’ve seen OT, Indy, Terminator, Alien films etc:

Infinity War 11
Rogue One 11
Force Awakens 8
Endgame 8
Winter Soldier 8
Civil War 7
Age Of Ultron 7
Temple Of Doom 6
Last Jedi (gulp) 6
Spider-Man Homecoming 6
Dr Strange 6
Back To The Future 6
Guardians 6
Star Wars 6
Black Widow 5
MI Fallout 5
Rogue Nation 5
Guardians Vol II 5
Black Panther 5
No Way Home 5
Ragnarok 5
Empire 5
Last Crusade 5
Ant-man And Wasp 5
Dr Strange Multiverse Of Madness 4
Spider-Man Into The Spider-Verse 4
The Batman 4
The Terminator 4

How does if feel to singlehandedly account for 60% of the box office of a major Marvel release, lol.

I think you’re confusing me with Zurdo lol.

I’ve watched it five times already!!!!!!!!!!!! :wacky:dance:rock:panic::panic:

I plan to go EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND IT’S AVAILABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D😃😜😉😛😝

I would go every single day if I could :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Back