The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't watched the first season in a few months, and started watching it again. I think I like season 1 more than season 2.

Season 2 feels more fast paced in general, but I like the slow burn of the first season a bit more.

I haven't watched the first season in a few months, and started watching it again. I think I like season 1 more than season 2.

Season 2 feels more fast paced in general, but I like the slow burn of the first season a bit more.

I didn't like the Season 2 hijacking to promote Disney's latest attempts to conquer the universe and keep stockholders happy - why can't they leave anything alone? but at least *sourly* about 1/2 of season 2 was pure.

And I hafta assume it's a given that Favreau has SOMETHING interesting in mind for Mando & co.

I wanna see how they wriggle out of the Darksaber issue. Explain why he can't just give it away, for one thing.:google

I don?t think so I find it very suspicious that his birthday was only 5 days after the Luke incident.

4rgptd.jpg

I'm not clear on how Deepfake works. Where are they sourcing the imagery from? Does it set up a Byzantine maze of licensing issues for studios? But Disney owns it all anyway, and their MCU stuff was excellent. Time and budget and secrecy maybe?

I am confuse. :confused:

I think it may be a proprietary thing. Seems Lucasfilm does the same type of CGI de aging every time.

It?s literally the same process and the same less than stellar result.

So perhaps it?s some sort of legal issue with the tech they use. Deep Fake has been snubbed by many in Hollywood, due to the ....ehm.....less than honorable uses for that tech.

Not to mention I am sure they de aging people have a contract or something with LFL ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This isn't The Mandalorian, it's the Luke, Baby Yoda, Ahsoka and Boba Show (featuring special guest the Mandalorian).

Season two was great(in my opinion) but I can kinda understand this point of view. I would argue that Mando still plays a starring role in every episode though.

Season two was great(in my opinion) but I can kinda understand this point of view. I would argue that Mando still plays a starring role in every episode though.

I suppose I can get behind him being the nexus of bigger events. I still would have preferred a show set in the badlands, far removed from the CW, ST etc (even if there were remnants of the Empire floating about).

I suppose I can get behind him being the nexus of bigger events. I still would have preferred a show set in the badlands, far removed from the CW, ST etc (even if there were remnants of the Empire floating about).

That's what it was supposed to be, according to Favreau. Something that attracted me in the first place.
https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/cu...ale-recap-the-rescue-luke-skywalker-baby-yodahttps://https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/culture/22195506/the-mandalorian-season-2-finale-recap-the-rescue-luke-skywalker-baby-yoda

Sez pretty much the same thing as did a Polygon article. I'd like to think that now that Disney got it's piece they'll go away and make their other shows, but dunno...C3PO hasn't wobbled in yet:pfft:

Back