The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The aerial stuff with the Mando’s was absolutely JAW DROPPING thrilling levels of cinematic visuals absolutely jaw dropping in execution and inertia.

THAT IS WHAT I FIRST ENVISIONED THE CLONE WARS TO BE WHEN I WAS KID!

They finally cinematically in live action presented the promise of “Clone Wars” the idea visually and energetically on screen, finally! STUNNING!
I completely agree. If this was our PT then everyone would have been happy in 2005. If this was our ST (set just five years after ROTJ instead of 30) then everyone would have been happy in 2019.

The only way I can even imagine the finale being better was if they showed more of the aerial battle between the TIE Interceptors and the Mando dropships or had
Spoiler Spoiler:
But that's really it. Sure there a number of things I could nitpick but this delivered things that the inner child in me has wanted to see for literal decades.

The jetpack battle was choreographed perfectly, Mando fighting the Troopers two at a time between the alternating shields was a perfect blend of those TPM reactor shields on Naboo and some crazy thing you'd see in a John Wick movie. None of the Mando stuff was cheesy or eye-rolling, none of it! :thud: Yeah they kind of crossed the line with Grogu giggling and flipping around but after decades of cringe from Ewoks to Gungans to freaking Jack Black and Lizzo I'm not about to complain, lol.

I actually loved
Spoiler Spoiler:
I actually didn't see that coming even though it was perfectly Star Wars. Everybody was cool in this episode. Literally everyone. Armorer was cool, Koska's aerial ass-kicking was off the charts. Gideon AND the Praetorians AND the Jetroopers AND creepy cool clone tanks AND awesome looking TIE Interceptors might have delivered the single coolest array of bad guys once again since Empire freaking Strikes Back. I'm blown away.

Dude all we need is all of Mando S1/S2, then ep 5 and 6 from BOBF and ep 7 and 8 from Mando S3 and we have an amazing seamless Mando arc.
Abso-freaking-lutely! I can't imagine that George would have ever given us this much SW at this level of enjoyment (to say nothing of the classy artistry from Andor) had he kept SW. So if anyone wants to ignore the ST feel free since this show completely gives you the license to do that and just enjoy RO and everything you mention above. :duff

I completely agree. If this was our PT then everyone would have been happy in 2005. If this was our ST (set just five years after ROTJ instead of 30) then everyone would have been happy in 2019.

The only way I can even imagine the finale being better was if they showed more of the aerial battle between the TIE Interceptors and the Mando dropships or had
Spoiler Spoiler:
But that's really it. Sure there a number of things I could nitpick but this delivered things that the inner child in me has wanted to see for literal decades.

The jetpack battle was choreographed perfectly, Mando fighting the Troopers two at a time between the alternating shields was a perfect blend of those TPM reactor shields on Naboo and some crazy thing you'd see in a John Wick movie. None of the Mando stuff was cheesy or eye-rolling, none of it! :thud: Yeah they kind of crossed the line with Grogu giggling and flipping around but after decades of cringe from Ewoks to Gungans to freaking Jack Black and Lizzo I'm not about to complain, lol.

I actually loved
Spoiler Spoiler:
I actually didn't see that coming even though it was perfectly Star Wars. Everybody was cool in this episode. Literally everyone. Armorer was cool, Koska's aerial ass-kicking was off the charts. Gideon AND the Praetorians AND the Jetroopers AND creepy cool clone tanks AND awesome looking TIE Interceptors might have delivered the single coolest array of bad guys once again since Empire freaking Strikes Back. I'm blown away.
That was the only thing I desired that I didn’t get was the Mythosaur crushing Gideon because the Mythosaur represented all Mandalorians.

Bummer.

Axe also worked fine he was still a Mandalorian and it also served as a redemption for his odd disappearance from S2, remember.

That was the only thing I desired that I didn’t get was the Mythosaur crushing Gideon because the Mythosaur represented all Mandalorians.

Bummer.

Axe also worked fine he was still a Mandalorian and it also served as a redemption for his odd disappearance from S2, remember.
And I told you that you were setting yourself up for disappointment about someone being a spy, lol.

Abso-freaking-lutely! I can't imagine that George would have ever given us this much SW at this level of enjoyment (to say nothing of the classy artistry from Andor) had he kept SW. So if anyone wants to ignore the ST feel free since this show completely gives you the license to do that and just enjoy RO and everything you mention above. :duff
S2 ep 6 and ep 7 specifically deals with the return to Mandalore, Bo and Gideon and can act as replacements for the non narrative episodes from S3.

The build up to reveal Gideon was not needed with Coruscant lady spy and doctor.

Less said about Lizzo / Black the better.

Jetison that crap and watch S2 6 & 7 instead!

Gideon's freaking voice change when he put the helmet on. :thud:

The cool servos and gear noises as he was swinging his arms around and crushing things. :thud:

Cross-cutting between Praetorians, Grogu, Mando, Gideon, Bo-Katan and united Mandos vs Jetpack troopers and TIE's attacking the cruiser. It was freaking SW heaven. :thud:

I guess I just assumed that it wouldn't have been your cup of tea.

the-batman-riddler.jpg

In a perfect world this would have been our ST with it all being set 30 years later instead of five and then just had old Luke be the one cutting through the Darktroopers and Grogu being his (brief) student instead of Ben Solo. Just ditch all the Snoke/Palpatine/Luke's pupil goes bad stuff and do it like they did on this show.

Instead of Palps cloning himself we would have Gideon attempting to do the same (with proper setup no less.) Give Han and Leia brief but respectable cameos and then just have the next generation of heroes be about Grogu and the Mandos. Not that I'm complaining about what we got but I think they definitely could have delivered a story that everybody would have liked right from the get go.

Gideon's freaking voice change when he put the helmet on. :thud:

The cool servos and gear noises as he was swinging his arms around and crushing things. :thud:

Cross-cutting between Praetorians, Grogu, Mando, Gideon, Bo-Katan and united Mandos vs Jetpack troopers and TIE's attacking the cruiser. It was freaking SW heaven. :thud:
Khev the Mandalorian reinforcements upper atmosphere aerial descent showing their vehicles and jet packs from above leading right into aeriel battle without landing first and Koska sliding off that platform and turning around was so freaking bad ass I didn’t want it to end lol

The idea that EVERYONE gets a helmet and EVERYONE fights is just weird. I can't remember the Clone Wars episodes but I think maybe they showed some Mandalorians were normal citizens?

An entire planet full of Spartans sounds cool in a misunderstood teenager kind of way until you really think about it.

Not all Mandos fight. They actually have a word in their language for non-combatant Mandos. [I am too lazy to go in the other room and get my Mando dictionary] After all, not everyone in a given population CAN go to war. If they can't fight, would the others just kick those family members off the planet? Doubt. I imagine just cooking for at least twenty people would be a large and terrifying job.

Each aliit tends to live in their own compound and everybody has at least one job. They're very communal.

I thought they spit-roasted and ate the pteradactyl things?

They did.

Back