The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They grow as they age though. Look at every other Togruta in The Clone Wars or even Shaak Ti.

Keep in mind that live-action rules all continuity though. So if RD Ahsoka's head tails are shorter than they were in Rebels then we just have to assume that it was Rebels that took the artistic liberties with her look. Do we say that every TCW character's eyeballs suddenly shrank once the Clone Wars were over? Nah, we just chalk up the big eyes to the stylized look of the show. I'm fine doing that with the rest of her look as well, especially since they hit such a homerun in the end.

Keep in mind that live-action rules all continuity though. So if RD Ahsoka's head tails are shorter than they were in Rebels then we just have to assume that it was Rebels that took the artistic liberties with her look. Do we say that every TCW character's eyeballs suddenly shrank once the Clone Wars were over? Nah, we just chalk up the big eyes to the stylized look of the show. I'm fine doing that with the rest of her look as well, especially since they hit such a homerun in the end.

I get what you are saying, but we've seen a bunch of mature Togruta now. They go down to her waist in Rebels, as does Shaak Ti's in the PT and TCW. Other female Togruta we see sometimes get even longer and have to wrap them in order to keep them in place. I don't agree that they were just longer because of the art style, it's been shown multiple times that they grow.
3KLV3es.jpg

This is the canon description of Lekku, they grow with age, same in Twi'leks.
esVN8kG.png

Whatever their reason for it, it doesn't matter, because to me and plenty of others it just doesn't look right because of what we've been shown previously.

Funny, I feel the exact opposite. Revealing that he'd had formal training for decades actually "fixes" what could have been a pretty problematic aspect of his character, IMO. It's one thing for someone with a super high "M-count" to have visions or super fast reflexes because they "see things before they happen" (TPM Anakin.) Quite another for a completely untrained Force user to lift enormous beasts, Force choke, heal, etc. From the very beginning I felt that he *had* to have some formal training or that F & F just went way too far off the rails with his abilities compared to even the Chosen One himself. Unless they want to say he's yet another illegitimate offspring of the most powerful Sith in the universe. ;)

Now that we know that he was formally trained it does canonically throw out my notion that Force healing was something that was either a lost skill that Rey rediscovered in thousands year old texts or that if it wasn't lost that it was only trained to super high masters. If Grugo learned it while still in Force preschool then it *does* beg the question as to why Obi-Wan didn't heal Qui-Gon, lol. But that issue is on F & F now and not TROS. :D

Until it's revealed otherwise I'm just going to assume that it is *not* openly taught and that it's a super rare and special skill that only a small number of Jedi can perform. Kind of like how Ezra surprised the much more seasoned Kanan by being able to use the Force to talk to animals.

Maybe you need a minimum M-count to qualify for the class. Sorry Obi-wan, this is for honor students only! Qui-Gon obviously didn't get first pick in that year's padawan draft. :rotfl

Maybe she had just gotten out of the pool, lol.

Thief!! :lol

(post #2838)

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193740&page=284

Maybe you need a minimum M-count to qualify for the class. Sorry Obi-wan, this is for honor students only! Qui-Gon obviously didn't get first pick in that year's padawan draft. :rotfl

Lol! :lol

Ha you definitely beat me on that one. :duff

Maybe she was wearing extensions in Rebels. :D

You're on a roll today, lol. :lol

I wonder if filming during a pandemic impacted their ability to practice/perfect the stunt work and intricate, close-quarter combat. Or was this in the can before COVID? Regardless, RD isn't 22 anymore and neither is Ahsoka's character. And I would argue that they moved at lightning speed compared to most (if not all) of the OT duels. :lol

:lol

I thought of that.. I think its because the moves were more complicated that it ended up looking much slower. I would have been tempted to get a stunt woman to do it as you would hardly notice due to the make up. Get Rey Park :lol :lol

Ashoka is not a Jedi......she quit the order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stand corrected.. I forgot about that.

Stupid Jedi order accusing Ahsoka of Murder

Yep.. That was all about perfect. Loved everything about that scene.. From her jumping up on the wall all the way to that point was pure AT.

Gosh damn she looks so freaking cool in that gif. Love the billowing cape and pants. Get on it Hot Toys, lol.

EDIT: Whoa did she cut a guy in half during that?? :google I totally missed that while watching the show!

Gosh damn she looks so freaking cool in that gif. Love the billowing cape and pants. Get on it Hot Toys, lol.

EDIT: Whoa did she cut a guy in half during that?? :google I totally missed that while watching the show!

She cut plenty in half in the forest too :lol. Ahsoka has no chill anymore.

:lol

I thought of that.. I think its because the moves were more complicated that it ended up looking much slower. I would have been tempted to get a stunt woman to do it as you would hardly notice due to the make up. Get Rey Park :lol :lol

I think their being more deliberate makes sense given each realized they were up against an experienced foe yet neither (I think it's safe to assume) were all that familiar with the other's technique. Plus the magistrate was fighting to kill whereas Ahsoka wanted her alive so she could get Thrawn's whereabouts.

I think their being more deliberate makes sense given each realized they were up against an experienced foe yet neither (I think it's safe to assume) were all that familiar with the other's technique. Plus the magistrate was fighting to kill whereas Ahsoka wanted her alive so she could get Thrawn's whereabouts.

Plus Ahsoka likes having space to jump around during duels. That narrow bridge presented an uncommon obstacle for her traditional stance.

Plus Ahsoka likes having space to jump around during duels. That narrow bridge presented an uncommon obstacle for her traditional stance.

This statement show far to much understanding of her....

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was pretty set on getting the CW Ahsoka, but I’ll be damned if I don’t get an HT Mando Ahsoka :lol

Hadn't watched season 2 yet, so just binge watched the 5 episodes released so far.

Geez, Mando is a good show. I was a little worried about a drop in quality after season 1, but it feels just as solid.

The last trilogy was utter corporate crap, but this.....this is keeping Star Wars alive for me.

Just remember that Disney blew away Bambi's mother and threw Simba's daddy off a cliff.

True true

Told ya brutal lol

I love her metallic boots

I know right. That gif is EXACTLY what I always imagined PT Jedi to look and act like. Only took 21 years for someone to get it right, lol.

Will be a missed opportunity not having Ray Park back for a flashback duel with her.

Back