1/6 The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale The Mandalorian Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was torn between this and the shiny armor one -- and went with this. I just prefer this look, and based on that new photo of him in Season 2, he'll be getting another upgrade... which means another Hot Toys version I'm sure. At least with this one, I'm one and done!

Was torn between this and the shiny armor one -- and went with this. I just prefer this look, and based on that new photo of him in Season 2, he'll be getting another upgrade... which means another Hot Toys version I'm sure. At least with this one, I'm one and done!

I don't blame your reasoning at all, but man when that Beskar version is released...

IMO from a general how-it-looks on the shelf when a collector is gonna be looking at their shelves for a while - V1 stands out with the colors. Not saying it's better or worse, but V1 to me really sez hard-living bounty hunter that just came in off the desert.

But yeah, HT will have another Beskar version probably with head sculpt. MAYBE no Child, but u can get a custom Child.

I thought I posted this a few weeks ago, but here's my meager attempt at a review...

Great review IMO - good lighting, just gets to point. Man, this fig looks SO GOOD.

Hard to say but bet this fig just blow out from stores when the trailer drops.:dunno:stormtroo

IMO from a general how-it-looks on the shelf when a collector is gonna be looking at their shelves for a while - V1 stands out with the colors. Not saying it's better or worse, but V1 to me really sez hard-living bounty hunter that just came in off the desert.

But yeah, HT will have another Beskar version probably with head sculpt. MAYBE no Child, but u can get a custom Child.

I don't think the Child will be with the Mando the rest of S2 personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ideally, I prefer original outfit and full Beskar (not almost full) outfit. So, if there was no child, I would have skipped S1 Beskar version.
In short, Hot Toys knows the way.

I don't think the Child will be with the Mando the rest of S2 personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't either; if I had to guess he gets snatched by Moff or Mando leaves him thinking he will be safe some place.

Then Mando goes on a rampage to rescue him (again). But it'll get even more interesting when Din D'jarin rounds up his friends to launch at attack. You know, like Boba Fett.:monkey3

Great review IMO - good lighting, just gets to point. Man, this fig looks SO GOOD.

Hard to say but bet this fig just blow out from stores when the trailer drops.:dunno:stormtroo

I agree. I have both preordered, but if the Beskar version didn?t have the child I?d probably stick to v1. Like the ?lived in? look.

I agree. I have both preordered, but if the Beskar version didn?t have the child I?d probably stick to v1. Like the ?lived in? look.

Yeah, IMO for me it's the "Kylo thing". Like V1 gets a cool outfit (not that I don't like Mando V2) but V2 Kylo got the sculpt. V2 Mando get the Child.
V3 Mando gets the sculpt.

HT isn't stupid $$$$$$$. They got me too - I'm all in for Mando, but wouldn't have ordered a Scout. Except, yah know, the speeder and Child.

:devil

HT isn't stupid $$$$$$$. They got me too - I'm all in for Mando, but wouldn't have ordered a Scout. Except, yah know, the speeder and Child.

Hot Toys played that one well. I have zero desire for the Mando Scout, but that set with the bike, the backpack and the child designed for the backpack, really is a must for IG11 so here I am having paid for a scout I don't want to get that other stuff.

Nice review, Starduster! It makes me want this version even more. I'll also be getting the inevitable Moff Gideon and even though this version never "met" him, I don't mind a mixed collection. That's why I'm so disappointed that the QMx Star Trek line died on the vine. I have TOS versions of Kirk, Spock and McCoy, but was going to get the Wrath of Khan Khan instead of the TV Khan. Not now, apparently.

Hot Toys played that one well. I have zero desire for the Mando Scout, but that set with the bike, the backpack and the child designed for the backpack, really is a must for IG11 so here I am having paid for a scout I don't want to get that other stuff.

Yeah they did. Started thinking about IG and the speeder and bit. Probably gonna be a glut of folks unloading the Scout. Maybe I can him for background. Or get a second if I can pick him up cheap.

I was planning on just the Beskar/child Mando as a representation of the show.
Then v1 released with awesome reviews-ordered him before places start to sell out.
Then I thought, hmmm..IG would be a nice pairing with v1-ordered
Then I thought, well if they start doing more mandos like the Armorer, it would be cool to have a few variations like Heavy Artillery on the shelf- ordered.
Now I?m seeing the reviews for Incinerator Stormie and thinking it might be cool to add Remnant Stormie to the mix....gaaaah! Must not get tempted! I?ve got Aragorn and Gandalf coming before the years end and I need to keep my kids fed[emoji52]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was planning on just the Beskar/child Mando as a representation of the show.
Then v1 released with awesome reviews-ordered him before places start to sell out.
Then I thought, hmmm..IG would be a nice pairing with v1-ordered
Then I thought, well if they start doing more mandos like the Armorer, it would be cool to have a few variations like Heavy Artillery on the shelf- ordered.
Now I?m seeing the reviews for Incinerator Stormie and thinking it might be cool to add Remnant Stormie to the mix....gaaaah! Must not get tempted! I?ve got Aragorn and Gandalf coming before the years end and I need to keep my kids fed[emoji52]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Give in to the temptation lol. The Mando line is solid, I know I?m going for whatever figures they make from it. I?m all in on it as of right now

I thought I posted this a few weeks ago, but here's my meager attempt at a review...

Nothing meager about your review, bud...it's a great look at the figure. Simple, clean lighting, great focus and a good look at the figure and it's accessories. Fine posing too. Thanks for sharing!

Nice review, Starduster! It makes me want this version even more. I'll also be getting the inevitable Moff Gideon and even though this version never "met" him, I don't mind a mixed collection. That's why I'm so disappointed that the QMx Star Trek line died on the vine. I have TOS versions of Kirk, Spock and McCoy, but was going to get the Wrath of Khan Khan instead of the TV Khan. Not now, apparently.

Nothing meager about your review, bud...it's a great look at the figure. Simple, clean lighting, great focus and a good look at the figure and it's accessories. Fine posing too. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks everyone! I'm just kinda getting my bearings doing reviews, it started with my oldest kid wanting to do them and then she got bored. But I enjoyed it and started to try and have fun with it.

But as for the figure, I didn't think I'd get this one either because of the Beskar version, but once I saw the release pics I jumped. Incredibly happy with it.

Back