Action Figure The Mandalorian- 1:6 Remnant Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This has been raised before. It is a valid point though.

Going purely from timeline Mando Stormtroopers would have had armour like ROTJ not Rogue One. I need to watch it again, but seems Mando got cheap in their props then.

Personally if I was Hot Toys I would have used the ROTJ armour for the Remnant Trooper. It looks better as well.

Those "sunglasses eyes" don't look right to me on the Rogue One troopers.

But basically Mando just makes it canon that the R1 time armor wasn?t discontinued, but was still used in some parts of the galaxy. Makes total sense that all armor in all parts of the galaxy wasn?t swapped out every couple of years. Would be kind of unbelievable.

It is a valid point, and I would agree that they should have RotJ Stormtrooper armor. But unfortunately only a small minority of us that really see the differences in Stormtrooper props would care.

The average fan just sees Stormtroopers as Stormtroopers. And very casual fans or the general audience have enough trouble differentiating between Stormtroopers, Clone Troopers, and now First Order Stormtroopers.

So it would be too much to ask of them to spend the money to fabricate props that replicate the appropriate era armor. Seeing as otherwise good (personal taste aside), screen used, production tested props are readily available in storage. Especially when it’s something only a relatively small number of people would care about.

Although I would certainly push for it if I were producing the show, personally, but I would probably get pushback about the budget.

It is a valid point, and I would agree that they should have RotJ Stormtrooper armor. But unfortunately only a small minority of us that really see the differences in Stormtrooper props would care.

The average fan just sees Stormtroopers as Stormtroopers. And very casual fans or the general audience have enough trouble differentiating between Stormtroopers, Clone Troopers, and now First Order Stormtroopers.

So it would be too much to ask of them to spend the money to fabricate props that replicate the appropriate era armor. Seeing as otherwise good (personal taste aside), screen used, production tested props are readily available in storage. Especially when it’s something only a relatively small number of people would care about.

Although I would certainly push for it if I were producing the show, personally, but I would probably get pushback about the budget.

It was due to budget that they asked the 501st to come to the set. They were happy to do so, and as a bonus their armour became legitimately 'screen worn'.

But basically Mando just makes it canon that the R1 time armor wasn?t discontinued, but was still used in some parts of the galaxy. Makes total sense that all armor in all parts of the galaxy wasn?t swapped out every couple of years. Would be kind of unbelievable.

Yeah I guess whatever story justifies it. It's all one big story anyway :lol

As late as 2011 I wasn't really aware of the differences. That was the last time I was free.

Some things, cannot be unseen.

It was due to budget that they asked the 501st to come to the set. They were happy to do so, and as a bonus their armour became legitimately 'screen worn'.

Sooo....did the 501rst not get paid? (I assume for legal reasons they paid them *some* kind of cattle call rate).

Don't get me wrong, if I were in the 501rst I'd do bad things to get on set, money be damned, but I find it hard to believe that Disney was cash-strapped. I get that it's a business and every show has a budget but it still sounds weird.

Personally I'm glad they didn't use ROTJ armour as that's my least favourite, but as some have pointed out, the remnant trooper helmets in the show, appear to be tweaked helmets, not seen in R1...Hot Toys just re-used their R1 mold which I quite like as being there most accurate attempt to date, but it still falls a but short.

Sooo....did the 501rst not get paid? (I assume for legal reasons they paid them *some* kind of cattle call rate).

Don't get me wrong, if I were in the 501rst I'd do bad things to get on set, money be damned, but I find it hard to believe that Disney was cash-strapped. I get that it's a business and every show has a budget but it still sounds weird.

It wasn't mentioned whether they got paid or not, but that they liked the idea of having screen used armour. I think it was Favreau who said they thought of them because they always turned up to events.

Considering their wear rate, it's more likely to be R1 era more than ROTJ era. ROTJ armors might not be worn down to that extent.

The least said about ROTJ trooper armor the better lest we forget that they were killed by ewoks and layed there dead with not even a scuff to be seen anywhere on their shiny white armor.

**** ROTJ troopers they were a stupid byproduct of Lucas divorce, burnout and desire for merchandising over story to pay for that divorce.

You have to be nuts to spend $200 for ROTJ armor that damn helmet is ridiculous looking no wonder they lost to the ewoks their brains were being squeezed by it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It?s more about the props. The Mandalorian uses Stormtrooper armor from various sources including Rogue One props, ANOVOS, and some fan-made 501st.

And it?s 9 years. The Mandalorian takes place 5 years after the Battle of Endor, which is 4 years after the Battle of Yavin.

Right, sorry - I was thinking of Solo instead of R1. So that makes more sense.

As late as 2011 I wasn't really aware of the differences. That was the last time I was free.

I was the same until the Rogue One troopers came along. As much as I love Rogue One, they just looked wrong. Disneyfied.

Seems the iconic OT Stormtrooper helmet design has etched itself into my brain.

Hasbro also recently re-did their Black Series Stormtrooper (finally after 6 years) and did it using the Rogue One armor as the design base saying it's now the standard Stormtrooper armor. I'm not sure if Lucasfilm told them that or they're just going with it, but it seems to be what they're going to do going forward.

That is (un)fortunately very true. :lol It becomes a sort of Star Wars OCD virus and you start noticing and calling out (internally, lest you feel the scorn of lessers who can't tell the difference between ANH Stunt and Hero) all the little details.

I must be in the minority but I much prefer the Rogue One design.

I don't mind the Rogue One design either. It sacrifices a bit of charm for what in appearance is a slight more practical and polished armor. It is a little cartoony and sanitized, the only thing I don't really like are the sculpted blue vents.

Stormtrooper for me is ANH and ESB only everything else comes 2nd.

Even then ANH over ESB if I could choose only one.

I?m not saying I hate the others but ANH Tantive IV stormtrooper for me is my first memory of SW.

Stormtrooper for me is ANH and ESB only everything else comes 2nd.

Even then ANH over ESB if I could choose only one.

I?m not saying I hate the others but ANH Tantive IV stormtrooper for me is my first memory of SW.

:exactly:

Back