The LOTR Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great work, C-Phan! I'm new here and just seeing your Gimli custom for the first time. If you don't mind me asking, which head did you use? The 12" doll head or the rotocast deluxe poseable figure one? Thanks!

WOW C-PhAN!!!! crazy good gimli!!!!! if sideshow were to make one you definitely wouldn't need it!!! simply amazing man!!!

Here's my Legolas resculpt
picture.php

Great work, C-Phan! I'm new here and just seeing your Gimli custom for the first time. If you don't mind me asking, which head did you use? The 12" doll head or the rotocast deluxe poseable figure one? Thanks!

There's actually a custom thread around here somewhere that tells you what goes where and what to use. Just do a search for "Gimli how to" and it should come up. ;)

EDIT: NVM. It was buried and for some lame reason the mods prefer the bragging rights threads to be stickied vs. helpful threads. Here ya go: 1:6 Gimli Custom - How To Guide...

Should I get chainmail for Boromir??

If it was me, I would. Little extra touches like that amp up the cool factor. I'm currently trying to source out suitable mithryl-like material to do up an undershirt for my DiD Frodo. No one will ever see it but I'll know it's there. :frodo

Old thread I know(don't mean to necropost here:) )

But, does anyone have a custom Legolas head they've got pics of?? Or would be willing to sell?? Anyway, please let me know.

I suggest you get in touch with Darren Carnall. With respect to Gipetto, Darren's resculpt is the industry standard for custom any Legolas.

Here's mine by way of an example:

PB120163.jpg
PB120168.jpg
PB120171.jpg

I suggest you get in touch with Darren Carnall. With respect to Gipetto, Darren's resculpt is the industry standard for custom any Legolas.

Here's mine by way of an example:

PB120163.jpg
PB120168.jpg
PB120171.jpg

Wow.......That's amazing, how much did it cost?? Also, I'm guessing you kitbashed the DiD Legolas, with the SS version? I'm planning on doing that myself.

Wow.......That's amazing, how much did it cost?? Also, I'm guessing you kitbashed the DiD Legolas, with the SS version? I'm planning on doing that myself.

I don't remember what Darren charged for the head. Which probably means it wasn't worth fretting over. That's a TT body (I suggest the slim, though I'm using a standard), under the SS costume and DiD accessories.

I painted him myself.

"Real" chainmail?? You could try Cotswold. Either that or make it yourself. Dragon did some rubber chainmail that looked pretty good, nice texturing to it. If you go that route you may have to do some cutting and reworking to get the right fit (fortunately with rubber, that's not difficult). Your other option would be to modify one of the Ignite or Crazy Owners "mail" shirts. They are cloth, but can be made to look passable with weathering.

"Real" chainmail?? You could try Cotswold. Either that or make it yourself. Dragon did some rubber chainmail that looked pretty good, nice texturing to it. If you go that route you may have to do some cutting and reworking to get the right fit (fortunately with rubber, that's not difficult). Your other option would be to modify one of the Ignite or Crazy Owners "mail" shirts. They are cloth, but can be made to look passable with weathering.

Rubber rots and stains. Best bet is to go the Ignite Knights route. They have great stuff made out of fabric that's a decent representation of mail.

Does/would this thread show any love for Toybiz styled customs?? I have a few to share, but don't want to misguide the thread.

Back