The LOTR Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! The Ken/Aragorn set is so expensive, I don't want to get it only to find out it doesn't look good on a SS Aragorn.

FYI: The crown from the Barbie set does fit on Sideshow's Aragorn - though its a tight fit. Something about the hair on Sideshow's Aragorn always seemed off to me for King Aragorn, however.

FYI: The crown from the Barbie set does fit on Sideshow's Aragorn - though its a tight fit. Something about the hair on Sideshow's Aragorn always seemed off to me for King Aragorn, however.

Pix?! :)

Aragorn's hair is wet and unkempt. King Elessar has straight, combed dry hair, so the SS Aragorn would look a little scruffy as a king. I if wonder Ken could be scalped and the hair pulled off of the SS Aragorn and a swap done.

Here are a few of my customs - both are a couple years old now.
View attachment 11126
You may have seen my Gandalf the White before - I saw some pics of him reposted by Dwing in a couple of threads. (Thanks man!) I was surprised to see he was still floating around.

Helm's Deep Aragorn has gone through quite a bit of evolution over the years. He's got Sideshow's headsculpt now, but that was just the most recent modification. The rest of him all predates Sideshow's release. Most of the parts came from DiD's release.
View attachment 11127
View attachment 11128

Here are a few of my customs - both are a couple years old now.
View attachment 11126
You may have seen my Gandalf the White before - I saw some pics of him reposted by Dwing in a couple of threads. (Thanks man!) I was surprised to see he was still floating around.

Helm's Deep Aragorn has gone through quite a bit of evolution over the years. He's got Sideshow's headsculpt now, but that was just the most recent modification. The rest of him all predates Sideshow's release. Most of the parts came from DiD's release.
View attachment 11127
View attachment 11128

So that was yours. I posted some of the pic here when we where talkign about GTW. Still holds up well.

nice customs. do you have a list of parts for them

Gandalf the White:
Boots & Pants - DiD
Tunic - DiD (with sleeves removed)
Trim on cloak, Cloak Brooch - DiD
Staff, Sword & scabbard - DiD
Sword belt - Rotocast
"Vest" - Rotocast (yes, its still the vinyl)
Head - Rotocast
everything else is custom-made

Helm's Deep Aragorn:
Head - Sideshow
Hair - Toybiz Rotocast
Boots & Pants - DiD
Sword, Elven Knife, Gantlets - DiD
Tunic - DiD (its the duster retailored and weathered)
Base belt - DiD (belt features are custom)
Scabbard - Toybiz with custom eating knife
Chainmail - DML
Evenstar - DiD
Glove - DiD

Think that's everything!

Did a repaint on Bilbo, didnt mess with the hair just skin tone.

SANY2894.jpg

He was all greasy looking befrore:

SANY2816.jpg

The Ringwraith looks good. Now you need to shred the bottom of the material and you would be getting closer. Very nice work.

Thanks. Its just a rough draft now, I have to do some sewing and weathering. Is there anything worth using from the Toy Biz Ringwraith? I found one for about $20.

Thanks. Its just a rough draft now, I have to do some sewing and weathering. Is there anything worth using from the Toy Biz Ringwraith? I found one for about $20.

The Toybiz base body is worth having. It has the arm and leg armour pieces, in addition to the sculpted armoured hands and feet.

You can see some of the detail in this picture.

DSC00008.jpg

The armor is a must as there is nothing else out there that comes close. The material could be useful as well. Looking forward to both your customs El Skutto and Dally.

I received my Toy Biz Ringwraith today and for $20 I'm impressed! The armor and robes are great! If I can make it work I might switch it to a TT, but I don't know how I'm going to do that with the feet. The body it comes on isn't half bad anyway. I'm going to go to the fabric store this week and see if I can find the same type of material they used. I need to do something about that plastic hood and I might make another tunic for him. The sheath for the long sword made me laugh, that thing is huge! I have 2 other swords coming from Toy Anxiety so I'll see how he looks with those.

I received my Toy Biz Ringwraith today and for $20 I'm impressed! The armor and robes are great! If I can make it work I might switch it to a TT, but I don't know how I'm going to do that with the feet. The body it comes on isn't half bad anyway. I'm going to go to the fabric store this week and see if I can find the same type of material they used. I need to do something about that plastic hood and I might make another tunic for him. The sheath for the long sword made me laugh, that thing is huge! I have 2 other swords coming from Toy Anxiety so I'll see how he looks with those.

You could also try the swords that come with Toybiz's Ringwraith rotocast figure. They're smaller than the ones that come with the "soft", and the scabbards are much slimmer. The hood is also sculpted differently.

DSC000022.jpg

DSC000032.jpg

Rotocast hood on "soft" body:

DSC00005-1.jpg

And I thought about doing a body-swap, but I just don't see how it would work. You'd have to remove the hands in order to get the forearm armour off, and it doesn't look like those hands pop off at all. Since the body is 99.9% covered by the robes anyway, I'd say just stick with the body he came with. Less hassles that way.

Back