The LOTR Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nicely done Gimli!

And Merry turned out awesome!!

Someday I'll have enough extra $$ to get those Merry & Pippin heads!:impatient:

Pippin, so far. Figured I should snap some photos of the bottom layers before the coat covers him up.
pippin2.JPG
pippin5.JPG

Pippin is done! The Fellowship is now complete!
fellowship11.JPG

Everything on Pippin was made from scratch except for the cloak and shirt which started as parts from Frodo and Sam. In retrospect, I should've made the pants a darker grey, but they were already on him with the suspenders attached, so I let it go.
pippin10.JPG
pippin12.JPG
pippin11.JPG
pippin14.JPG

I've got pretty bad luck with these Hobbit bodies - his left arm broke off as I was doing the final outfitting. Another body completely crumbled on me right out of the package. I got a bunch of these cheap when GoHastings and WBShop clearanced them out, so I suppose its possible they were defective returns.

Brilliant job mate, the fellowship looks great. I'd love to see more of what looks to be an Amon-hen aragorn!

Thanks, guys!

Amon Hen Aragorn is somewhere in another thread, but I can't remember where - so here he is again:
aragorn_amonhen6.JPG
aragorn_amonhen9.JPG

I've got a second shelf of Lord of the Rings 1/6 customs I need to get properly photographed - the light on them isn't working out for that at the moment.

great work there ,
any one knows where i can snag some pippin and merru heads / bodies? thanks guys

Back with another LotR 1/6 custom - Frodo in his Shire outfit from the beginning of the film. The story on this one is I had one of my extra Hobbit bodies completely fall apart right out of the package. Basically, all the internal pieces that held the arms in place had shattered and the chest had split in two. I came up with a flimsy way to get it all back together and working, but I didn't want to put it to a project that required a lot of movement or layers of clothing. Hence, simple Shire Frodo.

Shirt is Sam's dyed blue-green. Head was repainted and the pants and suspenders were made from scratch.
frodo-shire5.JPG
frodo-shire7.JPG
frodo-shire10.JPG

Back