The Last of Us Figures - HBO Show

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only just noticed CC Pedro comes with two coats. Kind of a lame inclusion imo. For Part 2 Ellie I decided to opt for CC instead of MT because they included her jacket. Looks like they’re trying the same strategy here to win us over.

The two jackets on Joel look very much alike apart from the length and that makes it redundant in my eyes. Like discussed, the overall figure is pretty lackluster too.

CC needs to do better. Their figures all suffer from the same issues.

This is as strange as the knife.

Looks like they've given her Bill's Colt 1911A1...

View attachment 635174

...rather than Frank's Beretta Model 70 which Ellie finds in the drawer.

View attachment 635175

The Colt's big in her hand:

View attachment 635176

I hope Toys Era correct this moreso than the knife, since to me the Beretta is Ellie's signature pistol.

If they do add the switchblade I hope they still include Joel's lock knife as it's an artefact from the series, and a nice looking model of a classic design.
Lol seems like they googled “last of us hbo knive/gun” and went with the first image that came up without doing the research.

I only just noticed CC Pedro comes with two coats. Kind of a lame inclusion imo. For Part 2 Ellie I decided to opt for CC instead of MT because they included her jacket. Looks like they’re trying the same strategy here to win us over.

The two jackets on Joel look very much alike apart from the length and that makes it redundant in my eyes. Like discussed, the overall figure is pretty lackluster too.

CC needs to do better. Their figures all suffer from the same issues.

I was expecting to be ordering one of everything from whatever company made them.

Yet the CC Toys is so underwhelming. The 'angry' sculpt is awful. I didn't like the angry sculpt on their videogame Joel either. I disliked it so much I eventually broke down the figure I put it on.

I'm liking Toys Era Ellie more than Toys Era Joel, but for some reason Ellie's paintwork looks better in the close up photos than the more distant ones, which is the opposite of what you'd expect. I think it's because there's more light in the close ups that diminish the bags under the eyes.

I was expecting to be ordering one of everything from whatever company made them.

Yet the CC Toys is so underwhelming. The 'angry' sculpt is awful. I didn't like the angry sculpt on their videogame Joel either. I disliked it so much I eventually broke down the figure I put it on.

I'm liking Toys Era Ellie more than Toys Era Joel, but for some reason Ellie's paintwork looks better in the close up photos than the more distant ones, which is the opposite of what you'd expect.

Definitely underwhelming. CC was very lucky that their original last of us figures were the only option available at the time. Ppl felt like this was the only version they were ever going to get of these characters. And therefore bought it.

CC is terrible with headsculpts. The game versions look nothing like Joel or Ellie. But we accepted it because it was the only option and because it was based on the 2013 game which was already very cartoony looking.

I personally deeply dislike their Ellie pt2 sculpts. Joel pt2 is OK. Atleast it’s consistent looking with the part 1 version.

It’s very clear CC isn’t ready to produce figures based on live action stuff. They just can’t do it. Aside from that they could improve their paintwork both on the sculpts as well as accessories (for example Joels coat from part 2 looking very flat compare it to ToysEra which looks worn and leather like. Another example Joels boots, Cctoys is a chunk of plastic, no weathering. Toysera is nicely weathered and looks like actual leather boots), do their research on the accuracy of the accessories they include and please for gods sake get rid of the super cheap looking plastic squeaking bodies.

Premium toys = ToysEra ?

They go by two names now. Or actually three because they have "Premium Edition" (hence the PE codes) on their promo photos:

Toys Era HBO TLOU Ellie 18.jpg

"Premium Toys" is an amalgamation of the two.

Has toys era announced if they’re going to update the pistol and knife?

There hasn't been any more said about her, unless Toys Era have another place apart from the Facebook group where they're communicating.

Looks great but my ocd is kicking in to say they didn't bother painting the revolver the correct color. Though the figure looks great and I'm tempted I prefer to wait for options like Mars.

I think the colour of Joel's revolver looks pretty accurate, depending on the amount of light hitting it.

They need to fix the cylinder though, otherwise he's either going to misfire or blow his hand off. :panic:

Toys Era HBO TLOU Joel 10.jpg

In the series it has a blued finish that's wearing away:

TLOU Taurus Model 66.jpg

They go by two names now. Or actually three because they have "Premium Edition" (hence the PE codes) on their promo photos:

View attachment 635871

"Premium Toys" is an amalgamation of the two.

Ever since finding out Toys Era is Premium toys I’ve become a bit concerned. I have Premium Toys’s Homelander.

The headsculpts looked amazing in the promotional pictures. But the final product is mediocre and disappointing. To me atleast.

Their paint application is very flat. They use decals for the eyes which look pretty terrible. It’s far from the quality that were used to from Hot Toys or even other third party companies like SooSoo or Limtoys.

Ever since finding out Toys Era is Premium toys I’ve become a bit concerned. I have Premium Toys’s Homelander.

The headsculpts looked amazing in the promotional pictures. But the final product was to me mediocre and disappointing.

Their paint application is very flat.

I thought a long time ago that Toys Era was also Toys Works, who made the single worst figure I've ever received: Jessica Jones.

Not sure whether they're the same, but Toys Works also made the mediocre 'Mad Skull' Punisher, but also a pretty good Kingpin.

I also connected them with TITToys and Black Box for various reasons. Those companies are a mixed bag product wise as well. I'm hoping Toys Era has upped their game since they're using Yixie's sculpts now.

I think the colour of Joel's revolver looks pretty accurate, depending on the amount of light hitting it.

They need to fix the cylinder though, otherwise he's either going to misfire or blow his hand off. :panic:

View attachment 636116

In the series it has a blued finish that's wearing away:

View attachment 636118
I'm always a sucker for realistic weapons, especially with this guy since the rifle is apparently made out of diecast with a real leather strap.
Agree on the revolver, would be nice if they added the same amount of detail to it as well.
I really didn't like the show, so I'm not sure if I'll get him with Lim's Part I set on the horizon, but man it sure is tempting. This guy and Bella seem like a really well done figures.

I'm always a sucker for realistic weapons, especially with this guy since the rifle is apparently made out of diecast with a real leather strap.
Agree on the revolver, would be nice if they added the same amount of detail to it as well.
I really didn't like the show, so I'm not sure if I'll get him with Lim's Part I set on the horizon, but man it sure is tempting. This guy and Bella seem like a really well done figures.
Im getting them just because I already know Lims figures will have a second sculpt that I can use on them. Most of Lims figures come with two headsculpts, usually neutral and angry expression.

I hope Ellie comes with a laughing expression, would be a nice pair up posed with her punbook.

Lim said their figures would be based on the summer outfits. Both these Toyswra figures come with Joel and Ellies coats. I just change out the shirts on both of them for something generic and you got yourself two extra winter figures.

I’m not the biggest fan of the show either. It has a lot of pacing issues. I feel like Joel and Ellie didn’t get enough time to develop their relationship properly, which is why the finale just doesn’t have the emotional impact the game has. Amongst other things, like infected barely having presence in the show. I love Pedro as an actor but I’m still not entirely convinced with his Joel portrayal tbh. That’s how I felt anyway.

There were a few episodes that I loved though, Henry and Sams episode and the winter episode are top tier television. Even if the game did those storylines a bit better imo, it was interesting to see it translated to television.

I thought a long time ago that Toys Era was also Toys Works, who made the single worst figure I've ever received: Jessica Jones.

Not sure whether they're the same, but Toys Works also made the mediocre 'Mad Skull' Punisher, but also a pretty good Kingpin.

I also connected them with TITToys and Black Box for various reasons. Those companies are a mixed bag product wise as well. I'm hoping Toys Era has upped their game since they're using Yixie's sculpts now.

They might be the same. If not then they definitely use the same factory. It's the high end of the low end :lol

In my opinion I think the figures are well done. The clothes are pretty spot on with the game. I recently played through The Last of Us 1 with the updated version of the game on my PlayStation 5. I have to say the show followed the game really well and I really enjoyed playing the game again. It’s a great game to play. It was super cool to have watched the show and then played through the story line. I bought a copy of Ellie’s, “Iminime’s”, head sculpt a long time ago and Joel’s head sculpt is still plentiful on evilbay. I think I’ll most likely use them over Pedro and Bella. The clothes are better now than they were back then when the figures came out as long ago as they did. It was awesome of HBO to accurately depict Joel and Ellie how they appeared in game. I enjoyed the show immensely with a couple of exceptions. I’m super glad to have played through the game again. It’s been some years. I will say the new, updated version of the game is stellar and the graphics are top tier. 😎👍🏼

Back