The Hulk ...again! Are we really this stupid??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the title of this thread could be adjusted to say "Are we really this lucky??". :)

After seeing the '03 film I thought my hopes of seeing a good Hulk film were pretty well gone forever. I was flabbergasted to learn that Marvel was going to reboot the franchise with a fresh take, pretending that the Lee film never happened. I give Marvel major props for having the cahonies to essentially admit that the first one sucked enough to pretend it doesn't exist (I don't care what they politely say in the press releases). I can think of several other films that would benefit greatly from the same initiative by studios!

I've got my complaints with the character design, but overall I'm really looking forward to this one.

In honor of the new movie, will you sculpt us another Hulk? (although the current Hulk PF is perfect imho) :banana

I've got my complaints with the character design, but overall I'm really looking forward to this one.

I've got absolutely no complaints whatsoever with the character design of a certain Hulk PF. You may have seen it, the scuplt is a thing of beauty. :)

Three or Four

So you don't actually love it then... I'd say if you'd seen it 30 or more times, then, yeah, you loved it.

Three or four?

You like it at best.

I question your taste you poor poor soul... What is it that you like about that movie?

So you don't actually love it then... I'd say if you'd seen it 30 or more times, then, yeah, you loved it.

Three or four?

You like it at best.

I question your taste you poor poor soul... What is it that you like about that movie?

Thanks for defining like and love when pertaining to film viewings. I'll have to remember that 4 means like and 30 means love.

You can question my taste all you want. I'm probably in a very small minority of the films I like and dislike on a message board like this one. As for what I like about it. Well, to generalize, I prefer story to watching stuff blow up.

p.s. I just checked out the reviews, and it seems as though I'm actually in the majority with the critics as far as liking the movie. That's usually the case though.

Three or four?

You like it at best.

Dumbest post ever!

Yes yes... it was a crappy post. I've got no business quantifying what some dude loves. I agree...

Still... I kinda expect if someone really loved a movie, they'd have seen it more than 3 or 4 times...

Regardless... meh...

30 or more times?! That movie's only a few years old. He'd have to be obsessed to rewatch it that many times.

:lol

I saw it when it was in theaters. I didn't hate it, but I do remember that it seemed to drag on a little for about the first half of the movie. I definitely think moviegoers were expecting to see a lot more of the Hulk in action.

I only saw it that once, despite having purchased the DVD when it was released (I own so many DVDs that I have never watched :eek:). I think I'll dig it out and watch it before I see the new one. Not sure if I'll go to the theater to see it though. I don't let movie critics decide which movies I go to see, but if this one gets really bad reviews I'll proabably wait for Netflix.

Do the math...you cant make a great symphony out of a one note character like the Hulk.

"Hulk smash!" (Lather,rinse,repeat)

I liked the first one. I thought it was innovative especially bringing the idea of actual panels into the film to give it that comic feel. There were some issues with it, the villain, the Hulk Dogs, etc but overall I thought Bana was great as Banner and Connelly was amazing as Betty. I own it on DVD and have seen it about 10 times total.

That being said, I am looking forward to this new one with really high expectations and hoping that all the hype is deserved.

I forgot about the Hulk dogs! I think Paul Jenkins created them when he was the writer on the Hulk comic several years ago. His run on the Hulk was actually pretty good too if I remember correctly.

The fan reviews have been okay, the pro reviews are comparing it unfavorably to Iron Man, but certainly not panning it. I liked the first film too - I enjoyed the way Ang used the comic book look to advance the story and I liked the deeper themes of genetics and fatherhood.

I don't particularly like the new design and thought the other one was more interesting, especially in how it departed from the comic design. But I'll definitely be there the first weekend.

Let's hope Warner Bros has similar cajones and will reboot Superman just a couple years after Superman Returns (not that it's a bad film, but I'd like to see a different take).

Back