The Green Dragon...cometh again to Middle-earth!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geb

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey everyone of you FREAKS! I have been away for some time, but have been thinking heavily about Sideshow Collectors and Lord of the Rings fans across the web!

As many of you may know, TheGD.com (aka The Green Dragon) began back in 2000 as a LOTR fans site dedicated to everything LOTR that was collectible. As the movies ended and LOTR populatiry dwindled, I branched the site out to cover more current properties like POTC, Harry Potter, NECA, McFarlane, Larvel Legends, DC Universe, etc. Over the last couple years, I felt I did a decent job of keeping up and bringing cool image archives of some of the more popular lines to the web. A few months ago...I came to a realization...I just cannot continue to do this and give the site the time and love it needs...plus the fact that my first love has always been MIDDLE-EARTH!

Over the past couple months I have been planning, writing code, and developing an ALL NEW Green Dragon to share with the fans and collectors! I sincerely hope that you will stop by and check it out. We are not QUITE ready for members, but you can see what we are up to and get a feel for what we are trying to do. I will begin a MASSIVE overhaul of the original Toybiz Archive starting with FOTR series 1 very soon! Stop by, check it out, and get ready for another adventure through Middle-earth!

Sincerely and Thanks for reading!

Matt Gebhardt, Editor
The Green Dragon
TheGD.com

Hey everyone of you FREAKS! I have been away for some time, but have been thinking heavily about Sideshow Collectors and Lord of the Rings fans across the web!

As many of you may know, TheGD.com (aka The Green Dragon) began back in 2000 as a LOTR fans site dedicated to everything LOTR that was collectible. As the movies ended and LOTR populatiry dwindled, I branched the site out to cover more current properties like POTC, Harry Potter, NECA, McFarlane, Larvel Legends, DC Universe, etc. Over the last couple years, I felt I did a decent job of keeping up and bringing cool image archives of some of the more popular lines to the web. A few months ago...I came to a realization...I just cannot continue to do this and give the site the time and love it needs...plus the fact that my first love has always been MIDDLE-EARTH!<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/?tracker=4075"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/?tracker=4075" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Over the past couple months I have been planning, writing code, and developing an ALL NEW Green Dragon to share with the fans and collectors! I sincerely hope that you will stop by and check it out. We are not QUITE ready for members, but you can see what we are up to and get a feel for what we are trying to do. I will begin a MASSIVE overhaul of the original Toybiz Archive starting with FOTR series 1 very soon! Stop by, check it out, and get ready for another adventure through Middle-earth!

Sincerely and Thanks for reading!

Matt Gebhardt, Editor
The Green Dragon
TheGD.com

Welcome back I'll be checking the website.

You can drink your fancy ales,
You can drink em by the flagon,
but the only brew for the brave and true,
comes form the green dragon

Hey Geb :wave

awesome to have you back. yours was the first website i found and went to for the lotr toys and it eventually led to me finding sideshow.

i always enjoyed checking it out and the achieves and it's nice to know it's still going to be around for the future.

I never stopped visiting this site, although I did notice the slow down in postings. The archives are hugely useful and important and I still reference them on the other site I believe you managed (toyfiguretimes??). Looking forward to the revival of Middle Earth with the Hobbit merchandising coming up.

Thanks gents...and qith respect to Sideshow...our Kickoff Contest is for a HUGE BALROG Legendary Scale Bust!! Should be fun...not ready to start the contest...but soon...VERY soon...probably by the weekend we will get everything launched.

Geb

bf-welcomeback-2.gif

Man...this feels real good...having folks give me a thumbs up! I know there isn't much NEW LOTR stuff aside from Sideshow and WETA...but hey...that stuff ROCKS! With the Hobbit coming...merch should be plentiful for a couple years!

Geb

Hi Geb, theGD.com used to be a daily stop for me too. Glad to hear you're back, you're bad, you're green and you're still mad about LotR! I used to collect LotR ToyBiz and found your website very helpful to keep track of releases and salivate over the figures I had yet to buy.

Loads of pics here. Sadly all sold now :monkey2

Great to have you back!

Back