The Green Dragon...rekindle? OR let a dead horse lie?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking an app like Angry Birds for Middle-earth, sponsored by TheGD.com! HA! Now...that would be something to behold! Little Frodo-bird and Gandalf-bird whacking some ORCs that are stealing the pipeweed!

But...alas...I agree Josh...an app would be cool for interacting with the site, getting mobile news, and even maintaining a checklist or something.

Geb

That could be interesting but so as to not get in trouble you'd have to talk with Middle-earth Enterprise.

Just a basic app for a new site should be ok though.

Geb... for what it is worth - I simply loved your old website and looked to it for news on LOTR all the time. I still remember seeing your reports from the Toy shows on upcoming LOTR figures and it made my day.

By all means please do start it up again. I really miss it,

Thanks gid...I sure hope that folks flock back and bring some joy back to Middle-earth...if only for ME:)

I'm efforting to get everything in order...perhaps a couple weeks I'll know exactly what I'm getting into...then a couple months to re-establish everything.

Stay tuned...

Geb, I too enjoyed your site but I wanted to mention something that others haven't yet. I think people may have a harder time signing on when they enjoyed theGD1 and theGD2 so if you roll out theGD3 it should really stay online this time. Its hard to adjust internet habits, you sign up, join a community and last time, boom, it was gone.

Geb, I too enjoyed your site but I wanted to mention something that others haven't yet. I think people may have a harder time signing on when they enjoyed theGD1 and theGD2 so if you roll out theGD3 it should really stay online this time. Its hard to adjust internet habits, you sign up, join a community and last time, boom, it was gone.

Dude...you are SOOOO right on. I truly anguished over shutting the site down in 2010...was the hardest thing to do at that point in my online life. I have thought about this for a year or so now...so hoping it will be a good thing and more 'permanent' than before. If I run into personal issues, hopefully the site can stand on its own if I have to let it go for a while this time.

Thanks for the advice.

Geb

Well...anybody care to venture over to that site with the colored dragon??

Can't remember the URL...

Oh yeah...

TheGD.com

Site is up and appears to be running...I have disabled logins and registration for now to get things in order...but progress!!

Awesome, like a trip back in time! Thanks for that start Geb, and good luck with the next phase of reanimating that colored dragon! :clap

Well...anybody care to venture over to that site with the colored dragon??

Can't remember the URL...

Oh yeah...

TheGD.com

Site is up and appears to be running...I have disabled logins and registration for now to get things in order...but progress!!

Man that brings me back - a blast from the past. :rock

Can't wait to sign-up again. :impatient:

Best of luck with the re-launch Geb. :hi5:

Can't wait to sign-up again.

I sure HOPE that you will NOT have to sign up again! I intend to leave most things in place from before including users. I will be sending out an e-mail to all the addresses in the database (from late 2010) and see who is still out there. At least this way...all the personal information will be intact for those who return.

One thing I DO plan is to RESET all of the points/experience back to ZERO...and that is what I am working on now...trying to figure out how to do that and leave everything else intact. There are TONS of articles/comments and such that I think I want to leave in place for obvious reasons.

Anybody have any ideas for a re-opening GIVEAWAY???

Geb

I wasn't around back when this was last up but I look forward to checking this out in the future.

Well...as Han Solo puts it: "That's ONE!"

Thanks tcollector...hope you enjoy the site and get involved in the re-revolution! The site was fun to build, but I hope it is fun to particpate in as well.

Geb

QUESTION: I was thinking about bill59's having comment about having to re-register for The Green Dragon...I will put it to you guys, would you rather re-register and start over with a clean slate or retain all of your old information?

QUESTION: I was thinking about bill59's having comment about having to re-register for The Green Dragon...I will put it to you guys, would you rather re-register and start over with a clean slate or retain all of your old information?

Seeing how I spent a lot of time on it before I would perfer to re-register instead of starting over. Mainly so I can keep my screen name lol. :slap

I have had that site bookmarked for a long time. It's nice to see it running again. Today is a good day. :)

My kids are now old enough to apprciate all the pictures now too. So it will be fun going throguh all of that with them.

Seeing how I spent a lot of time on it before I would perfer to re-register instead of starting over. Mainly so I can keep my screen name lol. :slap

I have had that site bookmarked for a long time. It's nice to see it running again. Today is a good day. :)

My kids are now old enough to apprciate all the pictures now too. So it will be fun going throguh all of that with them.

:lecture :exactly:

What he said!

I was a big fan of The Green Dragon back in the day, it brought me back seeing the website up and running. If you need any help let me know. I run a very small time blog on Toy Biz and Bridge Direct figures, www.lotraddict.com, partly due to inspiration from the days I went on the GD.

Go with whatever is best for you Geb...either way is fine with me. :monkey3

Unlike "Strider", I don't think anyone will want to take my screen name. :rotfl

Thanks Gents...I think I may be able to keep all of the USER information...but I may ZERO out the points to give everyone a NEW fair chance at being a Ring-bearer!

I am also working on implementing an online shop...to use your earned experience points to BUY online collectibles. Sort of like the VBulletin shop. These are VIRTUAL collectibles...and plan to center all of them on Middle-earth.

The online shop is a tough development and in the planning stages only. Gotta figure out how it will effect Giveaway tickets, etc. and don't want to make the site so complicated that folks are discouraged from having a bit o fun!

WinO...I just checked out your site...very cool! Maybe you could provide a 'guest' blog for TheGD.com? Reviews? Etc?

Geb

Back