The Green Dragon...rekindle? OR let a dead horse lie?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick question for the dragonites...I was thinking of re-working the archive imagery and doing more PHOTOSHOP styled images with cool backdrops, etc. Do you like the photoshop thing or the standard REAL imagery to get a feel for the ACTUAL figure...or perhaps BOTH?

Nice idea, an option for different styles would be cool. But if I had to choose, I would definitly prefer the archive images to be as realistic and neutral as possible tbh. After all, it's about the figures. Geb, it's great to see you full on fire for the GD again!

WinO...I just checked out your site...very cool! Maybe you could provide a 'guest' blog for TheGD.com? Reviews? Etc?

Geb

Thanks Geb! And that sounds like lots of fun, just let me know. As for the photoshop thing, I agree with Petrolos, if I had to choose, I would go the neutral and real route. There are lots of sites out there that provide fluff pictures, but the GD's style made it feel like a true collectors site.

GD's style made it feel like a true collectors site.

Thanks for the props...the archives are supposed to be that...archives! That is what I want to go for...I started adding some scenery and the like to most of the archive pictures...but it was REAL and nothing photoshopped. I think it brought the figures to life, but kept the figures in a 'real' state.

Nice idea, an option for different styles would be cool. But if I had to choose, I would definitly prefer the archive images to be as realistic and neutral as possible tbh. After all, it's about the figures. Geb, it's great to see you full on fire for the GD again!

I don't know about full on fire...yet:)

I am in the refining and fixing stage at this point. I had forgotten how much of the site was needing cleaned up when I last had it turned on.:gah:

Geb

Thanks for the props...the archives are supposed to be that...archives! That is what I want to go for...I started adding some scenery and the like to most of the archive pictures...but it was REAL and nothing photoshopped. I think it brought the figures to life, but kept the figures in a 'real' state.

I would stick with real photos. I know for me I much prefer to see photos of people taking shots of the items as you might see them in their collections, or like I do out infront of their house in natural light that we all see a statue with. Sometimes photoshopped images loose some of what makes the items special because of the way the background is done.

So to sort of clarify...you guys are okay with the diorama-styled pictures I included in the archives? Just don't want to upset the balance between REAL and including some 'context' for the pictures.

Geb

Yeah, do what you did just keep it real looking. You want to sell the people on how great the product is and other stuff can take away from that. That's how I approach photo taking.

Getting closer! Made a couple updates to the site (software, database, and such)! Got a couple leads on a new Denizens of Middle-earth feature...so things are moving along nicely!

I am planning on REMOVING all RATINGS, COMMENTS, and VIEWS on everything on the site as well as ZEROING out all of the points. this will enable everyone to start with a clean slate and begin afresh with gathering points, badges, etc.

Any objections? I figured this will give everyone the chance to start with a clean slate. Leaving all of the news articles, customs, forums threads and posts...just removing the more 'secondary' stuff.

Geb

Logins should stay the same...I'll send out a MASS e-mail to everyone in the database to remind them that the doors to the castle are open again! Should be fun! If someone forgot their password...they'll have to follow the steps to change it.

Only thing I'm not sure about at this point is how removing points/transactions/comments/views will affect RANKING and BADGES...will beta test for a day or so and see what happens!

Hey Geb

I am so happy that the site is coming back up

Geb i have a massive collection of LOTR suff and i am dying for GD to come back to life :)

Geb do you want donations ? if so i don't mind donating to keep it smooth and running

Let us know what your thoughts are on maintenance,fees,bills etc

Cheers

Well...donations would be great...and are encouraged through the PayPal link on the site...but only if you want!

What I TRULY need is to restart my collection. With all that has taken place in my life over the last 2-3 years, my immense collection is GONE! What I wouldn't give for an instant Toybiz collection again;)

If any of you know of a large lot or collection for sale, please keep me in mind! It will only make TheGD that much better!!

I would be happy to help if I could take a small space to have an ad there to buy AOME for my Helms Deep diorama.

Back