The Freaks Inked Up!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do:
> Leave the tattoo bandage for a minimum of three hours and no longer than twelve hours.

> Remove bandage under warm running water. If bandage is stuck to the tattoo, gently remove it while under running water to
prevent damage to the tattoo.

> Once bandage is removed, using an unscented soap, carefully wash the tattoo off with your hand and warm soapy water.

> When done washing the tattoo off, gently pat the tattoo dry with a clean towel and allow the tattoo air dry for about five to
ten minutes.

> Apply Ink Fixx salve to the tattoo four to six times a day.

> The lotion can be applied to the tattoo about three to four times daily for about ten to fourteen days or until the tattoo is
completely done peeling.

> Somewhere between three and six days, the tattoo will start to flake off like tissue paper. Do not pick or scratch th tattoo, let
the skin peel naturally. You will notice small pieces of dry skin containing color coming off while using the lotion or washing the
tattoo. This is normal - it is just the top layer of dead skin coming off. Your tattoo is not disappearing.

DoNot:
> Re-bandage the tattoo once the bandage is completly removed.

> Allow direct sunlight on tattoo for first two to three weeks.

> Pick at or scratch tattoo while peeling.

> Soak the tattoo, swim, take a bath (showers are okay), enter a hot tub, or sauna for two weeks or until the tattoo is completky
peeled.

> Shave or wax the area until tattoo is completly healed.

> Apply alcohol, vaseline(any type petroleum jelly) or sun block to a fresh tattoo.

Some Extra Stuff:
> Once you leave the studio, proper care of your tattoo is your responsibility.

> Small amounts of color may on clothing or sheets for the first few days.

> when tattoo is peeling, color will appear in pieces of dry skin.

> If the tattoo is in an area where it can be exposed to the air, allow it to breathe.
allowing the tattoo to breathe will help the healing. Your body and oxygen are going to heal the tattoo.

> If possible wear loose fitting clothing over the tattoo and be careful not to suffocate tattoo with socks and pantyhose.

I had Olive Garden last time I got tattooed, will probably have the same next time as well... so Bannister can now say how awesome I am for liking crappy Americanized Italian food. :lol

Good luck Keith, I hope you don't collapse and accidentally slit your throat on some glass. Cullen's for life! :rock :lol

Sorry Rory, Olive Garden sucks, as does your face.:lol:lol:lol

was searching you tube and this made me think of bad moon :lol

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/d4lvIMVvH7Q&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/d4lvIMVvH7Q&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Well how soon did you wash it? I wouldn't put lotion on for several hours after it was done...and I think I might have even waited 24 hours...dang it's been awhile since my last one.....but different artists will tell you different things.

I waited about 3 hours to remove the wrapping and then wash the area. Afterwards I applied unscented lotion on it and have been doing so ever since. :D

Badmoon- good post. Lots of good advice that pops up on most aftercare lists. :duff

not too sure about applying lotion 5times a day though - sounds like they want you to buy a lot of their product. I use Neosporen twice a day, all of my tats healed just fine.

I need to finish my Salvador Dali arm piece though, got 10hours into it (because of all the colors we have been experimenting with) but i'm not going to have the money for a little while longer......i hate being patient.....

not too sure about applying lotion 5times a day though - sounds like they want you to buy a lot of their product. I use Neosporen twice a day, all of my tats healed just fine.

I need to finish my Salvador Dali arm piece though, got 10hours into it (because of all the colors we have been experimenting with) but i'm not going to have the money for a little while longer......i hate being patient.....

Post some pics man! :D :rock

I have applied some store bought unscented lotion frequently throughout the day. You don't need a lot but often is good I think. Better than it scabbing up or drying out. :horror

Ive always been told to not apply lotions or any cream other than clear ointments ..... :monkey1

Not mine but I thought that this one was really well done.

Dinosaur-tattoo-tattoo-80610.jpg

Ive always been told to not apply lotions or any cream other than clear ointments ..... :monkey1

Theres alot of different ideas out there. I know neosporean is a thing of the past. Most people use moisturizers, like Lubriderm, Curel or the Vaseoline moisturizer. As long as its unscented.

When I take the bandage off I try to get all the blood off. Wash it with antibacterial soap, then let it dry for awhile, then use the moisturizer.

But I'm sure you'll get different rules in every shop, so it seems.

Back