The Flame-Haired Machines Huntress

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The year is not up, and unless anyone here knows more than RXX on the matter, I'd prefer to hear from the source himself whether or not we'll get a glimpse.

There will be nothing to show this year keep in mind we got tons of stuff we have in the works already and she has a very complicated design and probably won't sell very well to be bluntly honest.

Finally started playing the game, it feels so good when you start something fresh u have never played. Happy I managed to get PS5 so discovering treasures I haven't played before. Have played only few levels and already in love! Whole time I'm thinking how awesome her doll would be with all the glorious red hair and fancy outfit. I'm huge Disney fan and she would make a great princess lol I'd definitely get a figure as well. Can't wait to see where the story goes.

Finally started playing the game, it feels so good when you start something fresh u have never played. Happy I managed to get PS5 so discovering treasures I haven't played before. Have played only few levels and already in love! Whole time I'm thinking how awesome her doll would be with all the glorious red hair and fancy outfit. I'm huge Disney fan and she would make a great princess lol I'd definitely get a figure as well. Can't wait to see where the story goes.
The game is huge. I finished it last week, had been playing it since September but I am a completionist (mostly).

There will be nothing to show this year keep in mind we got tons of stuff we have in the works already and she has a very complicated design and probably won't sell very well to be bluntly honest.
I think many would buy her figure, including me. Both games are great and popular :)

Do you consider not making her at all, based on your comment?

I signed up here just to don't miss this figure. I have been wanting this for years and after I missed the Quiet set, because I found out a few years too late, I don't want to make that mistake again.

Until R_R_X says they aren't making her - assume they are making her, but she's far down the pipeline. He's stated the intricate design is going to be an issue, so we're in for a long wait here. Assuming John and *maybe* Nate manage to make it out in 2023, and Joel/Ellie and a limited Sam and any MGS they're behind on are 2024, I would imagine this doesn't come out until 2025, so patience is going to be a virtue here.

I really really really want her. I don't want a statute, I want a poseable figure. Preferably with applied/rooted hair.

Since there is a third game coming I haven't lost hope. I hope if MGS abandons the idea some other company picks it up...

Until R_R_X says they aren't making her - assume they are making her, but she's far down the pipeline. He's stated the intricate design is going to be an issue, so we're in for a long wait here. Assuming John and *maybe* Nate manage to make it out in 2023, and Joel/Ellie and a limited Sam and any MGS they're behind on are 2024, I would imagine this doesn't come out until 2025, so patience is going to be a virtue here.
Which honestly isn't too long of a turnaround. Remember, Prime 1's statue of her from Zero Dawn came out AFTER the release of Forbidden West. That's over 5 years after the release of the game lol. After seeing the incredible work Lim did on Nate, I'm more than happy to wait as long as it takes.

Even though the Prime 1 statue is incredible, and they'll probably do something amazing with her again for Forbidden West, I too would LOVE to see a poseable figure.

I realize Aloy is still pretty far out herself as the team has been hard at work on Joel and Ellie lately, but I can't help but wonder if a limited run Sylens/Lance Reddick tribute figure is something that could be considered.
Loved the character. Lance was excellent in that role. I was really looking forward to seeing him in the next game. I assume that they'll recast Sylens, but such a shame that he'll never be able to finish off the trilogy. I'd snatch one of those up in a heartbeat!

Loved the character. Lance was excellent in that role. I was really looking forward to seeing him in the next game. I assume that they'll recast Sylens, but such a shame that he'll never be able to finish off the trilogy. I'd snatch one of those up in a heartbeat!
A truly memorable voice. It’ll be hard to replace him; he was the voice and the face of Sylens. By reports, though, he was more of a Destiny fan and player. He was playing Destiny the day before he passed and was one boss away from clearing the expansion. It’s always cool when a performer also loves a game as well and doesn’t view it as just a quick paycheck.

Sylens was set up to be too important of a character not to recast for the next game. I think someone else will have to step into those shoes. Perhaps they can "injure" Sylens and he can use his tech knowledge to altar/repair his voice so they aren't trying to recreate Lance's voice.

But I think that's a conversation for another day. We only just lost Lance and out of respect for him, hopefully everyone can wait a bit before thinking about his replacement. In the meanwhile, I do hope some kind of tribute figure will come to fruition. It's always nice knowing he was one of us when it came to gaming.

Sylens was set up to be too important of a character not to recast for the next game. I think someone else will have to step into those shoes. Perhaps they can "injure" Sylens and he can use his tech knowledge to altar/repair his voice so they aren't trying to recreate Lance's voice.
This rings very true now it seems.

I wish someone would step up and make this figure. I am sure she would sell well.
Making her from scratch would be a pain in the rear though I was thinking the Hot Toys Black Widow sculpt isn't really TOO far off...
HT4930-3.jpg

horizon-zero-dawn-pc-patch-makes-aloy-walk-straight-1602599266869.jpg

I wish someone would step up and make this figure. I am sure she would sell well.
Making her from scratch would be a pain in the rear though I was thinking the Hot Toys Black Widow sculpt isn't really TOO far off...
HT4930-3.jpg

horizon-zero-dawn-pc-patch-makes-aloy-walk-straight-1602599266869.jpg
It’s been a dream of mine but currently no one really cares too much about her unfortunately, I hope it will change soon

Her hair is so intricate and complex that not many companies outside of Hot Toys could do it justice.

An ugly, half assed figure is worse than no figure at all.

I don't think the doll would be prohibitively difficult. And I think it would sell REALLY well.

There is a BOOMING market on etsy for 3d printed/painted figures for this character.

The people who make the figures just prefer to make MALE characters and have the incorrect assumption that female characters don't sell as well (unless they are WW).

It's the same reason given for making more male lead video game characters. BUT Horizon Zero Dawn is one of the best selling Playstation 4 games and Zero Dawn has been immensley popular as well- Considering how many of each game has sold, and how little merch you can get, you'd think SOMEONE would want to cash in on the demand...

Back