The Flame-Haired Machines Huntress

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a mistery why this figure does not exist. Probably companies believe it wont be popular.
I mean Senua is relatively easy to make. No exquisite tailoring, minimum amount of accesories. Nothing hard on the body literally poptoys body would do the trick
hugues-giboire-composite.jpg
Exactly. Maybe She'll have enough clout after the sequel finally comes out.

It's a mistery why this figure does not exist. Probably companies believe it wont be popular.
I mean Senua is relatively easy to make. No exquisite tailoring, minimum amount of accesories. Nothing hard on the body literally poptoys body would do the trick
hugues-giboire-composite.jpg
It’s a great game and worthy of more representation. I’d certainly be interested.

Yeah, definitely a lot of texture & material considerations with her outfit, & getting her hair right is something very few companies would be able to pull off really well. There are parallels to Aloy in that regard. I'm obviously a huge fan, but it was a AA game that wasn't exactly a household name, & she's a pretty new character comparatively speaking, so I can't fault anybody for not jumping on it. The sequel might kindle some interest, though. With as few games that get official 1/6 support, there are obviously a lot of gaps to fill ahead of her & she's a challenging design that might require more development time.

I don't get the logic of the licensed stuff, more often. It's weird to see official Cyberpunk 1/6 stuff for example, but no Witcher. Or to see Deathloop figures, but no Dishonored. Odd choices. LOL

Yeah, definitely a lot of texture & material considerations with her outfit, & getting her hair right is something very few companies would be able to pull off really well. There are parallels to Aloy in that regard. I'm obviously a huge fan, but it was a AA game that wasn't exactly a household name, & she's a pretty new character comparatively speaking, so I can't fault anybody for not jumping on it. The sequel might kindle some interest, though. With as few games that get official 1/6 support, there are obviously a lot of gaps to fill ahead of her & she's a challenging design that might require more development time.

I don't get the logic of the licensed stuff, more often. It's weird to see official Cyberpunk 1/6 stuff for example, but no Witcher. Or to see Deathloop figures, but no Dishonored. Odd choices. LOL
Video game collectibles are niche, especially in the 1/6 market that is dominated by Disney/MCU/Star Wars and DC, it's rare to see a video game figure sell as good as anything superhero related.

I love the Horizon games but they aren't as popular as other franchises, and in China it's not as beloved as RDR2 for example, add that on top of her design being extremely difficult and you get nobody wanting to take the risk of making her, as far as Cyberpunk getting toys made it's not really a mistery, CDPR is way more easy going with their licenses and easy to approach, plus they had Keanu for that game and everyone loves him, so of course Howard and other toys makers jumped on it.

Sony and other gaming studios are more difficult to approach and it's harder to get a reply from them unless you're well connected to someone in that industry, I've tried multiple times with no success, people are so quick bash third parties when they make unlicensed figures or complain that nobody is making video game figures but the truth is these gaming studios don't give a **** about figures and those figures would not be a money maker like DC or other movie figures, I mean sure some Sony studios like Naughty Dog will license a few statues and such but it's mainly due to nepotism and good connections, Dark Horse is a great example of what I'm talking about.

Video game collectibles are niche, especially in the 1/6 market that is dominated by Disney/MCU/Star Wars and DC, it's rare to see a video game figure sell as good as anything superhero related.

I love the Horizon games but they aren't as popular as other franchises, and in China it's not as beloved as RDR2 for example, add that on top of her design being extremely difficult and you get nobody wanting to take the risk of making her, as far as Cyberpunk getting toys made it's not really a mistery, CDPR is way more easy going with their licenses and easy to approach, plus they had Keanu for that game and everyone loves him, so of course Howard and other toys makers jumped on it.

Sony and other gaming studios are more difficult to approach and it's harder to get a reply from them unless you're well connected to someone in that industry, I've tried multiple times with no success, people are so quick bash third parties when they make unlicensed figures or complain that nobody is making video game figures but the truth is these gaming studios don't give a **** about figures and those figures would not be a money maker like DC or other movie figures, I mean sure some Sony studios like Naughty Dog will license a few statues and such but it's mainly due to nepotism and good connections, Dark Horse is a great example of what I'm talking about.
Yeah, Dark Horse & McFarlane definitely don't get licenses based on merit, no doubt.

People in the licensing world need to learn to separate "third party" & whatever negative experience or perception they have with bootlegs or other kinds of unlicensed products. This part of the market has come a long way in the last decade, & even the industry's usual go-to Hot Toys started out doing stuff like an unofficial (Definitely not the Matrix & absolutely not Neo so don't sue us) figure.

The fact that Hot Toys made Rex and Ahsoka from an animated show but not Cal Kestis from a very well received video game is a perfect example of this.

The fact that Hot Toys made Rex and Ahsoka from an animated show but not Cal Kestis from a very well received video game is a perfect example of this.
The lack of a 1/6 Cal is unbearable. I keep hoping they'll cameo him in literally anything on TV just so I can get a figure.

I did a poll and pitched the results of massive interest in Mass Effect figures to every connection I had.

… *crickets*.
I've wanted Mass Effect stuff for so long. I almost caved & bought the BroShep from Threezero... Or ThreeA? Whoever they were at the time. I literally don't even know that guy, though. Femshep all the way for me. I would probably spend as much on a commissioned custom head for my character as I would on the figure itself. 😂

Pretty much every aspect of an Aloy figure would require complex detail. Even her simpler Nora hide outfits have a lot of beads on them, and her bows and the Lance she gets from Sylens has a ton of fine detail.

I have faith Lim will nail all that on their figire.

A side note but, it’s honestly one of the massive reasons I have little hope in the Netflix show. Sure, maybe they get the plot down mostly, but the costuming is just so advanced in Horizon that it is going to require a lot of intense time and effort as Lim knew, and they’re doing Aloy alone. Imagine the hundreds of outfits for Meridian inhabitants.

Either way, I definitely agree that it’s a shame we don’t have more video game figures in the world but the reality is, to me at least, a lot of decisions made by companies like Hot Toys and InArt are made to garner new buyers, casting a large net. Marvel, Star Wars, popular actors/actresses. Video games are, unfortunately, not that right now, or at least, not the ones you’d want figures from.

Either way, I definitely agree that it’s a shame we don’t have more video game figures in the world but the reality is, to me at least, a lot of decisions made by companies like Hot Toys and InArt are made to garner new buyers, casting a large net. Marvel, Star Wars, popular actors/actresses. Video games are, unfortunately, not that right now, or at least, not the ones you’d want figures from.
That is simply not true.

Do the math with me.
If you have 1) a game with memorable and interesting looking characters 2) sold over 2M copies at 60 bucks, no season sales #s 3) game is beloved by the fans and have strong aftersales.
If only 0.07% of that 2 million paying customers are hardcore fans willing to spend 200 bucks on a figure you have approximatly 1,400 potential customers. Thats a small run. Not nearly enough for Hot Toys or InArt but ok for small companies willing to risk it.

That is simply not true.

Do the math with me.
If you have 1) a game with memorable and interesting looking characters 2) sold over 2M copies at 60 bucks, no season sales #s 3) game is beloved by the fans and have strong aftersales.
If only 0.07% of that 2 million paying customers are hardcore fans willing to spend 200 bucks on a figure you have approximatly 1,400 potential customers. Thats a small run. Not nearly enough for Hot Toys or InArt but ok for small companies willing to risk it.
Games routinely generate more interest than movies, yeah. Horizon is 20M sold so far, but then you have Mass Effect trilogy with over 20M, and Uncharted 4 with 15M, and God of War at 19M, and Witcher 3 with over 40M, we should be getting more figures that we tend to receive. It’s weird and unpredictable. We got Deathloop figures and I can’t even find solid sales data on it, though maybe it’ll do better now on Xbox.

Aloy herself I think is the appeal and deterrent to a figure, as others have said. She’s a great character and design and demand is there, but she’s a lot harder to throw together than a shirtless Greek dude or a power-armor helmet wearing space man.

Back