The DIE HARD Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
love the hot toys neck. best neck there is. i that what your neck will be based on? can't wait to see those updated pics!

I certainly plan to :). I figure it would look a little more realistic with the hot toys style neck especially if i put detail on the neck. I just grabbed an old City Hero figure to make a custom Die Hard 2 figure, only thing i might actually use is the just the shirt and maybe shoes though ;-)

You guys asked and you shall recieve, so sorry about the delay, i had to finish some paintwork and was working this in between, I think it looks much better, I need to fix the left cheek, smooth out some rough edges and add an adams apple to the neck to make it look a little more realistic. Well are you guys happy with the results? I did everything that was mentioned

Picture_1105_2_.jpg

That last exchange is what this site is all about!

You two are the best! I hope this spreads....

that sculpt looks much better! the thing i love about mcclane is once you have a decent head like this, the rest is easy. you just need a vest and some trousers. piece of cake -the perfect mcclane.

Thank you guys very much! For those who are interested I'll be offering casts and paintwork for them. Just shoot me a pm and i'll let you know the details.

Chris

I just sent you a PM "kuato" Chris. Here's a picture of my first custom 12", and it just happens to be a John McClane. Please don't laugh guys! :eek: It was my first paintjob on a custom Frontline head from Lonnie Hale. I've improved since then. I think John McClane is close to Indiana Jones and a Christopher Reeve as my top 3 MOST WANTED 12" figures!

12inchNFLSupermanbusts008.jpg

Yeah, I know I put the infamous "doll dots" in his eyes. :eek: I have since fixed that. I also need to get more accurate pants for him. I did get a pair of bloody hands, the CB radio, a "battle-damaged" and bloody t-shirt, the MP-5 machine gun, McClane's Beretta pistol, and even a pack of smokes and one cigarette from an eBay seller. I used a 1:6 scale Dragon body for McClane. I even put wraps on his bare and bloody feet by cutting up a t-shirt.

I hope to get the MUCH better head from "kuato" Chris, and improve my John McClane project! :D

Last edited:
That looks Great Mike, That is also a great sculpt as well. Die Hard Custom is also on my top list of customs. Although I'll be doing Die Harder instead of part 1. I kind of like part 2 and 4 the most. I"m hoping to do an older Willis now. Reply Sent by the way.

Chris

Thanks Chris. I've thought of repainting that head too. But I'll wait and get the much better John McClane head from you now!

Back