The DIE HARD Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was pretty ridiculous... Mr. Falcon... :lol

As for the Feng sculpt. It's nice.. but I don't see Willis there 100%. Partially, but I like the Frontline one a bit better. More accurate IMO.

Wanted to share this, Feng's Studio put together a custom DIE HARD 2 McClain, looks fantastic. Yippee Kay Yay.

P1010716.jpg

No word back on my PM to Xenoviper to find out about availability of this sculpt.

Anyone checking in here know?

love feng's stuff, i really do. but not his die hard figs - something about the head on this one. but just briefly reading through this thread is making me nuts for some proper die hard figs. it's the perfect license for hot toys - i'd get one from every movie, the grubers, the fat cops, the skinny cops, zeus, the crazy chicks, anybody and everybody. even the mysterious mr. falcon.

feng's attention to detail on that tailoring is pretty awesome though.

WOO HOO, I got a 3w detective coming soon from Studio Sunny!

Fengs McClanes are cool as far as the clothes go, but the faces on them look like demon faces! the die hard 2 version is okay sculpt-wise, but maybe because he's got a cigarette in his mouth throws the look off.

Yippee Ki yay Mr. Falcon - classic

Hey guys i'm almost done with the Willis resculpt i've been working on, Wor Gar i gave up on the tots sculpt, i decided to rework an original Andgor willis sculpt, the likeness was the best i had seen just the face was soo slim and the nose was so blocky. What i did is simply fix the "Whole" nose, rework the cheeks higher the chin and Add hair, i think i might fix the eyebrows as well. Well what do you guys think
Picture_1076_2_.jpg

Picture_1069.jpg

Picture_1067.jpg

The face is still too slim and gaunt...looks more like Peter Stormare.Widen it a bit and recede the hairline back more.

What i did is simply fix the "Whole" nose, rework the cheeks higher the chin and Add hair, i think i might fix the eyebrows as well. Well what do you guys think
Picture_1076_2_.jpg

Looks quite good actually. For the original DIE HARD he was younger, slimmer and had much more hair than we've gotten used to in the last 20 years. The pics a little dark but I'm liking your work. Certainly looks like young McClane to me.

Can you take more pictures with brighter light to see the facial details?

Also, are you gonna make this sculpt available to others, or is it your private sculpt?

those profile pics are excellent, spot on! looks really good. i would agree with johnny utah slightly though about the front - looks a little slim. likeness is perfect but looks like a very young and skinny bruce willis. bit fatter and less hair and he'd be a 100% spot on mcclane. nice work :clap

Hope you don't mind, Kuato...

McClanecompare.jpg

Just to compare. Closest pic I could find straight on with minimum expression. It's pretty good.

Maybe the sagging eyes are throwing the sculpt off a bit. Not sure I agree about widening the face or giving him less hair. If anything, his jawline looks a bit too wide...got a Brad Pitt thing going just a bit. But if that was shaved down then he might indeed look too thin. Hard call.

Thank you guys very much for the constructive criticism, it really helps, I've started the modifications already :), Wor Gar if anyone is really interested i'll definately offer casts for die hard fans..haha get it :), corny joke i know

Thank you guys very much for the constructive criticism, it really helps, I've started the modifications already :), Wor Gar if anyone is really interested i'll definately offer casts for die hard fans..haha get it :), corny joke i know

I'd be in.

As long as you're making modifications, one suggestion, maybe, would be to make his neck thicker. If that's doable. Like the picture, might make that jawline work without having to do much to it.

Anyway, I'm really curious where you take it.

The neck i have on there right now isnt' quite done, The real neck will be like a hot toys neck without the joint look though, more of a realistic neck and definately will be thicker.
Thanks for the suggestion though guys :)

Hope you don't mind, Kuato...

McClanecompare.jpg

Just to compare. Closest pic I could find straight on with minimum expression. It's pretty good.

Maybe the sagging eyes are throwing the sculpt off a bit. Not sure I agree about widening the face or giving him less hair. If anything, his jawline looks a bit too wide...got a Brad Pitt thing going just a bit. But if that was shaved down then he might indeed look too thin. Hard call.

I like it a lot. Less hair on the crown and I think you're set.

Back