The Dead Registry

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
30061 Stealth Patient Zero - April Fools Day 2008 (Not for sale) 50 12" Figure

huh? That figure never went into production?... it was a PS job.

But yeah, a SS rep should come in here and clear a few things up. such as this so called PZ variant, and the ES on blondie.

I'm telling you ladies and gentlemen, if a Patient Zero variant existed in any form it'd be public knowledge by now. As high of a secondary price PZ demands a variant only offered overseas would have already made itself known on eBay demanding and probably getting three times the price. Not to mention that a lot overseas collectors love to put pictures all over blogs and other boards and we would have seen it. Its an Urban Legend, PX redone to make people question more than 300 of these guys out.

Yeah, there's no PZ variants out there. Thats not a secret you can hide by any stretch since PZ sells for so much.

As far as I'm concerned as long as you have 1 rep of each character unless there's a clothing change you're complete.

Wrong. It DOES exist. I have one and so do several other people. The argument isn't that it does or doesn't exist, but rather if it's an official Sideshow variant. As much as I'd like to believe your statement, again, until it's official from Sideshow, there's no weight here.

No, a PZ variant doesn't exist... I didn't say a "figure" didn't exist, but it is not a PZ variant from Sideshow. The evidence indicates that there is no variant. If you have one, what is the product number on your box? Sideshow numbers their variants and exclusives with additional numbers. Patient Zero was product 3006; a variant would have an additional number at the end, such as 30061 or 30062. While this is not absolute, it holds true for virtually all of their exclusives and variants for the last few years, including the time frame when PZ was released.

No, a PZ variant doesn't exist... I didn't say a "figure" didn't exist, but it is not a PZ variant from Sideshow. The evidence indicates that there is no variant. If you have one, what is the product number on your box? Sideshow numbers their variants and exclusives with additional numbers. Patient Zero was product 3006; a variant would have an additional number at the end, such as 30061 or 30062. While this is not absolute, it holds true for virtually all of their exclusives and variants for the last few years, including the time frame when PZ was released.

Bro, it DOES exist. The PX is a variant of the PZ. Whether it's official or not, it DOES exist. You telling me I bought a figment of your imagination? That right now in storage, there's just a space being taken up by invisible plasma made to look like a PZ in a Sideshow box? I have one and others have mentioned seeing him on ebaY from time to time which means others have bought him to. So face it. Whether he's officially Sideshow or not, the "PX" does exist. He looks a bit better than the Sideshow Patient Zero too.

The question is whether or not it's an official Sideshow or some prick's hoaxy recast. He sells for about the same as Patient Zero, too. I also remember stating that it was odd that there were no numbers on the box. And as far as evidence, you haven't really shown much to us. You don't even have the product number for the Patient Zero, yet have the Stealth Patient Zero listed on your product list and that was never produced! :rotfl Again, it'd be really nice if someone from Sideshow pops by to admit whether the Asian PZ/PX is official or a recast.

But yeah, a SS rep should come in here and clear a few things up. such as this so called PZ variant, and the ES on blondie.

That's all I'm asking. I hope there isn't an official Asian variant of the PZ, but we don't know until they officially make a statement either way.

Last edited:
The item number for PZ is Item Number: 3006

PX is a recast plain and simple. Therefore its not a variant.

I assumed it was not a variant... but with the discussion it did seem plausible. But in the "ask Sideshow section" its been officially debunked so we can all live our lives again :lol

:lol

Did we really have to drag someone from Sideshow in to answer this? What a waste, when so many other relevant threads in that section slip into the ether. Oh well, if anyone is thinking of asking a serious question in the 'Ask Sideshow' section, forget it, there aint no blue moon till next year.

That has to be the best response I've read from you in a long while The Josh, well in my narrow read of threads. Keep it up.

Bro, it DOES exist. The PX is a variant of the PZ. Whether it's official or not, it DOES exist.

PX does exist but he is not a variant, he is a blantant recast. What is the difference a variant is a piece that is officially licensed and officially sold. PX is NOT the supposed Asian Variant that is being question. Also, the guy selling PX knew he was doing it under the radar because everything was done behind closed doors via email, towards the end of his run he was also producing body parts to complement his PX as well as dead cats, etc. It was almost as if he was initiating his own line. PX was meant to "replace" PZ and was tailored to look exactly like PZ as a cheaper alternative, although many people bought him to simply use as complementary piece, that is why I was actively looking for one.

PX does exist. He is not an official variant and therefore not part of the list. Just like the Dead Ornament custom pieces do exist using an official headsculpt but they are not official releases in the line so they do not get counted towards the complete checklist.

What is being argued here are two different things, we know PX was done and a ton of people have him, its not official. What is being argued is whether or not PZ had an officially licensed and sold variant done through Sideshow Collectibles and therefore should be counted in the official checklist. All signs point to no there never was but we do not have confirmation from SSC directly. Although I am pretty safe in my assumption of the non-existence. If he did exist not only would we have pics already but also a retailer that he was bought from because if it were via SSC he'd be on their site.

EDIT: From the official question I posted in the "Ask Sideshow thread":

Negative....Ghostrider.

Sideshow Q is as official as it is going to get. No PZ variant, never was.

EDIT: From the official question I posted in the "Ask Sideshow thread":

Sideshow Q is as official as it is going to get. No PZ variant, never was.

Now why was that so hard?:rotfl (BTW, here's the PZ Ask Sideshow thread) Seriously though, it's good to know that they're recasts. All of us who own a real Patient Zero can rest easy in the knowledge that he's still a valuable addition to our collections both financially and sentimentally. Now the question is what to do about them? Should we report them? Or leave them as an opportunity for others who can't get a Patient Zero to get a $400 alternative? Which leaves another question too. How do we know that some of the boxed MIBs popping up now and again on ebaY aren't actually recasts hidden as the real deal? The one I got certainly looked good enough to pass by someone who doesn't know the difference.

Last edited:
Bro, it DOES exist. The PX is a variant of the PZ. Whether it's official or not, it DOES exist. You telling me I bought a figment of your imagination? That right now in storage, there's just a space being taken up by invisible plasma made to look like a PZ in a Sideshow box? I have one and others have mentioned seeing him on ebaY from time to time which means others have bought him to. So face it. Whether he's officially Sideshow or not, the "PX" does exist. He looks a bit better than the Sideshow Patient Zero too...

Again, I never said the "figure" didn't exist, only that a "Sideshow variant" didn't exist. Please read my post above again...

No, a PZ variant doesn't exist... I didn't say a "figure" didn't exist, but it is not a PZ variant from Sideshow...

thenammagazine said:
...And as far as evidence, you haven't really shown much to us. You don't even have the product number for the Patient Zero, yet have the Stealth Patient Zero listed on your product list and that was never produced!...

And again, you need to read better! Go back and look at the Checklist or my previous post... PZ is there and always has been and I've already stated I added the Stealth PZ in the "same spirit" as the April Fool Joke he was. His product page is still on Sideshow's site, so for someone not in the know or coming to the game late, it might be valuable information to know that the Stealth PZ was an April Fool Joke since people have already been selling a version of him on eBay... or do we need to debunk that one as not a real variant as well?

Here is a checklist of 1/6th figures by company that we are keeping/creating...

...3006 Patient Zero SDCC 2005 Exclusive 300 12" Figure
30061 Stealth Patient Zero - April Fools Day 2008 (Not for sale) 50 12" Figure...

Back