The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Batman/Dark Knight 3rd Film

I just don't think Robin fits into Nolan's world, not without at least probably 2-3 more movies. Nolan's been telling the Bruce/Batman story. TDK is still a Begins in the sense that yeah, Batman exists and is established in Gotham, but Bruce himself is still growing into the role, he hasn't found a firm place with it, we only got a hint of that at the very end. The third film should solidify him in the role and complete the telling of Bruce coming to be Batman. From there, then you can get into stories taking Bruce's life further and perhaps write a way for Robin to come in the picture. I just think at this point in his story, it doesn't feel fitting if Bruce were to take on an apprentice as such, he himself is still getting his feet wet in the role.

I can't believe we are even discussing Robin. He is not going to be in Nolan's movies, people.

I can't believe we are even discussing Robin. He is not going to be in Nolan's movies, people.

Yeah its a moo point (you know, like a cows opinion....it doesnt matter).

According to AICN, Nolan just signed to a film called "The Inception". Looks like B3 won't be until 2011 at the earliest, more likely 2012. I personally think it's a great idea, gives Nolan a chance to do something completely original and "recharge" his battery before diving straight into a third Batman flick. It's also being put out by Warner Bros., so they probably said "sure, we'll finance this if you give us Batman 3". At least that's my hope. I don't think Nolan needs any help getting $$$ to make a film these days.

Beat me to it! I was just reading about this.

:banghead

Maybe they will pull a Fox and just hire Brett Ratner to get the third film out quicker.

Beat me to it! I was just reading about this.

:banghead

Maybe they will pull a Fox and just hire Brett Ratner to get the third film out quicker.

I think Nolan has earned WB's respect and they will wait for him. I can only hope they will want to continue with quality films for this series. I think it's awesome that they want a sequel going now but Nolan is like "let me do this first and develop the story for the 3rd more" so they're not rushing it. At least that what i think is going on.

I think Nolan has earned WB's respect and they will wait for him. I can only hope they will want to continue with quality films for this series. I think it's awesome that they want a sequel going now but Nolan is like "let me do this first and develop the story for the 3rd more" so they're not rushing it. At least that what i think is going on.

One of the head guys at WB was interviewed during TDK press and basically said, they want Nolan to do another, but they respect what he's done and want to give him the freedom to come up with a good story and all. Given Marvel's recent successes, I'm sure WB and DC don't want to botch a good thing, which Nolan's doing, and would rather let him make great stuff than rush and tank the franchise again.

Ok, so anyone else post about the fact someone is trying a petition to keep the Joker from appearing in any future Batman films? Give me a ^^^^ing break.

I want to petition for the Joker to be in Nolan's third Batman movie!

:rolleyes:

Ok, so anyone else post about the fact someone is trying a petition to keep the Joker from appearing in any future Batman films? Give me a ^^^^ing break.

I'm all for freedom to do whateve when it's not hurting someone, but seriously, is there nothing better to do with your time than this, not like Nolan's going to listen to it anyway. He has his feelings on the issue and he's not going to sway. I think by now he knows how near and dear Ledger's performance is to the fandom and that many don't want to see Joker portrayed by anyone else, a petition isn't going to add anything he doesn't already know.

I totally agree Sean, thing is, the way I am taking it is they dont want anyone to play Joker again... EVER. They never want another Joker to see the silver screen.

Bull^^^^ huh? I can understand if they want to keep the Ledger Joker out of films...but The Joker? Bah.

I totally agree Sean, thing is, the way I am taking it is they dont want anyone to play Joker again... EVER. They never want another Joker to see the silver screen.

That's even worse.

I think they should make scarecrow the main villain in this one. It would be cool if he was doing something behind the scenes to take over Gotham

Well, we're going to be speculating for awhile now. I think we can mostly all agree we won't see Joker in the 3rd film. Too soon and Nolan will probably want to move on with new characters. Again, here's hoping the focus goes back to Bruce/Batman and the villain(s) will serve the story of Nolan's conclusion to his trilogy. If any villains return, I vote for Ra's. We never saw him die and I think it would be fitting to have him back towards the end of the film as kind of a bookend to the films. Anyway, I'm excited as hell for Nolan's next film, and his return to Gotham to finish off his spectacular run on Batman.

Ten years and all this ballyhoo about a Ledger only Joker will be old news. The Joker, like Batman, is timeless, and can be played a myriad of ways. If there is ever a serious Arkham Asylum movie made, I sure as hell want a Joker in it. If there is ever an adaptation of Miller's Dark Knight Returns, I sure as hell want a Joker in it. If there is another movie WITH THE JOKER, I sure as hell want the Joker in it, so get over it!
Ledger's performance was legend. Oscar worthy. Magnificent! But he does not, can not, and will not ever OWN the Joker. The JOKER OWNS HIM!
So mote it be!

Do hope he wins the Oscar.

And I do hope the third film is as good as the other two. No need for a Spiderman 3 here...GADS!

haha, Robin is only lame because he was portrayed that way. His character could be very interesting if they gave him a new origin story and made him more fierce then farce. Doesnt matter though, Nolan and Bale won't allow it to happen.

okay that is correct.
But when you think about it Batman is more attractive as a dark character when he works alone...only for that reason I wouldn't like a Robin character, even if he would be a fierce.

Forget Joker and Robin...

We won't see Joker revived for quite some time on Film.

I heard the TDKR Villains were locked though. Hmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back