The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Batman/Dark Knight 3rd Film

I was with you up til the Then you work the Catwoman wants revenge on Falcone angle, add the Riddler and Harvey Bullock and it'd be solid. Falcone comes back to run the mob, Joker escapes Arkham to take out Falcone and Batman too of course, all the while we see the lesser of the rogue's gallery starting up, inspired by the joker's actions.

Having Joker in a dimly lit cell, with reused ledger voiceovers would be far worse than recastingthe role. The Joker story was left dangling (pardon the pun) in TDK and there was no true closure between the two. Now, also, Batman is thought to be a killer, a villain and on the run, something Joker would definitely get a kick out of.

Then how about a cameo of the Joker in Arkham watching Batman be chased on TV. And Saying "Look at him go!" I could live with that.

I really don't need to have anything more than A scene where an orderly walks down a hall in Arkham and you hear the Joler laughing behind the door. The orderly shudders at the sound at keeps moving.

Basicly I don't need much Joker in the next film. Bring on another villian. Just please no Robin.

Then how about a cameo of the Joker in Arkham watching Batman be chased on TV. And Saying "Look at him go!" I could live with that.

I really don't need to have anything more than A scene where an orderly walks down a hall in Arkham and you hear the Joler laughing behind the door. The orderly shudders at the sound at keeps moving.

Basicly I don't need much Joker in the next film. Bring on another villian. Just please no Robin.

I think Robin could be cool (they already said they wouldnt do him though). Instead of the traditional campy Robin though, a vigilante with a score to settle. In other words, Nightwing.

I can agree with that... just a little Joker scene in Arkham... almost like that bit in The Killing Joke with Batman. It could be done.

I would really love to see more villains, especially Riddler or Mr. Freeze.... But Catwoman would be welcome as well. But we will see what he does.

I can agree with that... just a little Joker scene in Arkham... almost like that bit in The Killing Joke with Batman. It could be done.

I would really love to see more villains, especially Riddler or Mr. Freeze.... But Catwoman would be welcome as well. But we will see what he does.

Nolan will do a more realistic villian I think. Mr. Freeze would be tough to pull off in the realistic Nolan Batman.

Sounds like a Summer 11 Film as many predicted. I think David had the Villains or a main Villain in mind long ago and Chris agreed. It went from there to additional characters to use (Catwoman IMO) then storyline discussions and a rough outline was worked out.

So, look for quite a mash up here. Batman will be needed by Gotham, he will find redemption, which was always the intended Theme for the 3rd Film as set up in TDK.

Fear
Escalation
Redemption

Kinda stupid thing to most folks in here I'm sure, but I'm eager, once a story's set (I don't trust a 3rd film will move forward until a script is sound), to see what color scheme they use to market this one.

Begins was earthy tones with reds, oranges, yellows and browns.

TDK was very cool colors with variations of blue and teal.

Be interesting what they come up with.

Sounds like a Summer 11 Film as many predicted. I think David had the Villains or a main Villain in mind long ago and Chris agreed. It went from there to additional characters to use (Catwoman IMO) then storyline discussions and a rough outline was worked out. So, look for quite a mash up here. Batman will be needed by Gotham, he will find redemption, which was always the intended Theme for the 3rd Film as set up in TDK.

Fear
Escalation
Redemption

David Goyer had the whole three movie arc completed and Nolan comes in revises and changes. He was quoted as saying that Nolan changed things up to the days before shooting because they didn't sit right.

The Joker originally was supposed to span from TDK into the third film with a minor role in the third film but what that entailed no one knows. Originally Two-Face wasn't supposed to be brought in until part three according to the original Goyer treatments.....Goyer did say that everything that was originally planned for the third one was thrown out and that he and Nolan are starting from the "natural progression" of the series a while ago though.

Goyer did say that everything that was originally planned for the third one was thrown out and that he and Nolan are starting from the "natural progression" of the series a while ago though.

Which makes sense with Nolan's reservations about committing to sequels even after Begins. Goyer may have come up with a road map, but if Nolan keeps coming up with detours, they need to draw out new routes to the end outcome. I'd imagine themes and arcs will carry from Goyer's original concepts, but the final films will be guiding the path it takes and I'm sure this is why 3 wasn't confirmed until they ironed out an idea.

As for Two-Face, I remember in the time leading up to TDk that at one point I had the impression Two-Face would be formed at the end of the movie, like a hint that he's coming in part 3. Obviously that changed.

Again, it gives me great confidence in how much care is put into these movies to not only make them good movies but to really maintain the story integrity accross them. So many movies fail in their sequels because there was no planning and the sequels almost seem rushed and not thought out enough. WB seems to have wised up with Batman and come to give Nolan room and freedom and not pressure him to make a film but let him basically know they'd love him to do it, but outside of that let him come up with and idea and bring it to them. It's nice that he's free to just create, and he seems wise at what he does, he's got a great writing team, actually every aspect of making the Batman movies seems in place, writing, production, cast, composers, he's just got a team that makes for some entertaining pictures.

I don't think we'll see Joker. Maybe a reference or nuance to him but I doubt any Ledger images or voice will be used as they can't resurrect Ledger's Joker in this or any future Film.

Given the way Nolan almost spoke in a fatherly manner about Heath in the pre-TDK interviews, I'd say likely, he wouldn't write Joker into the film simply as a tribute to someone he cares about. Even though we as an audience may feel one way about bringing another actor in or whatever, Nolan probably feels like Joker in his movies should be contained with TDK and left as Ledger's work.

I don't think we'll see Joker. Maybe a reference or nuance to him but I doubt any Ledger images or voice will be used as they can't resurrect Ledger's Joker in this or any future Film.

Exactly right. Doesnt matter how well the joker is portrayed by another actor. The Ledger Joker has been cast as the Joker of Nolan's films.

I guarantee you the next time you see Joker in a Batman film it'll be with a different director (which may be the film after this...). Whether you agree or not, like it or not, Nolan has definitely given the impression that for him Joker in his Batman films died with Heath.

Why? Almost any sililarly built person could be made to look the part. And as for the voice, it wasn't ledger's, it was Joker's, an actor could do that as well. I've seen Frank Gorshin do Kirk Douglas, Rich Little do Johnny Carson and Frank Calindrello(?) do a whole bunch of modern guys. I'm sure, if it was what they wanted, that it could be done.

Thats the thing I1188, if they wanted. I have no doubts that you couldn't find an actor who could portray Ledger's Joker really close to the portrayal that he did in TDK but from at least the public words about the subject Nolan is showing that he doesn't want to and WB has already said whatever he wants goes so you can forget about studio pressure.

Given the way Nolan almost spoke in a fatherly manner about Heath in the pre-TDK interviews, I'd say likely, he wouldn't write Joker into the film simply as a tribute to someone he cares about. Even though we as an audience may feel one way about bringing another actor in or whatever, Nolan probably feels like Joker in his movies should be contained with TDK and left as Ledger's work.

Exactly right. Doesnt matter how well the joker is portrayed by another actor. The Ledger Joker has been cast as the Joker of Nolan's films.

I guarantee you the next time you see Joker in a Batman film it'll be with a different director (which may be the film after this...). Whether you agree or not, like it or not, Nolan has definitely given the impression that for him Joker in his Batman films died with Heath.

Good thing Bale didn't OD then. We'd have to scrap the whole franchise.

Nah. What would have happened if you use that example is that Nolan probably would have walked after TDK like people thought he was already going to do (for reasons not connected to any actual actor) and the next film would have both a new director and a new star.

Nah. What would have happened if you use that example is that Nolan probably would have walked after TDK like people thought he was already going to do (for reasons not connected to any actual actor) and the next film would have both a new director and a new star.

Yup, Nolan has a vision for telling his stories, and I'm sure he respects that other actors can fill voids left behind, he kept Rachel in it despite Katie not playing her again, but with mains like Batman and Joker, I think he's attached specifically to those that play the characters and if he can't have them, he's not interested because he feels he can't tell his story how he wants, and then the torch would be passed to a new director and cast.

Good thing Bale didn't OD then. We'd have to scrap the whole franchise.

Yeah, you would if by franchise you mean the Nolan films! Im not saying there will never be another Batman or another Joker. Nolan's Batman universe is set though, and you can't switch them without people losing interest.

I was even unhappy about the actress switch of Racheal's character. Only thing that saved that was Holmes wasnt that great and the character was just "Female A" basically. Her character was very generic, where as Batman and Joker are actor specific personalities.

I read somewhere that the decision to replace Holmes was only because Rachel's storyline was so important to the overall progression of the characters of the film and she needed to have that strong tie to Bruce. He mentioned that had Rachel Dawes not been so important to the progression of Batman and Two Face that she wouldn't have been included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back