The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

TDK is God. It created the universe. It will end the universe. It is life, it is death, it is time, and it is space. All things will return to it, as Kedger's performance was the fount of creativity from which all things came. There is no thing greater.

:lol :duh :lol

Who's Kedger? :lol

Anyone else think Banes costume is lame?
I find it very uninteresting to look at, and worse it makes Hardy look dull as well, and I think he is excellent.:dunno

I think it looks ____ing awesome and much more interesting than the luchador outfit of the comics. Hardy looks bad-ass.

I will also say that Catwoman looks great. The only thing her costume seems to be missing is cat ears.

emot-smugbert.gif

I hope Hot Toys outfit for Catwoman doesn't restrict her articulation too bad. :(

Im not even sure what stories have him being a wrestler, if any? I havent read any Bane stories that he was a wrestler. Vengeance of Bane 1 & 2, and Knightfall are really his two best and most well known.

And I never saw Schumacher's movie, was he a Wrestler in that?

THE BATMAN animated series he wasn't a wrestler either.

I was just pointing this out if people were wondering what his origin was, people think he was because of the mask, but he had nothing to do with being a wrestler in his origin stories.:)

:slap:slap:slap

I will also say that Catwoman looks great. The only thing her costume seems to be missing is cat ears.

emot-smugbert.gif

Catwoman has... stilettos...

catstill.jpg

:thud:

Somehow, Catwoman just dosen't seem to fit into the Nolan Universe. I know she is a very traditional and famous Batman villain / character but I just don't think she works. Nolan's Batman films attempt to be grounded in reality as much as they can - any gadget / costume / weapon which requires the audience to suspend disbelief is often supported by science or very good reasoning - Batman in himself requires suspension of disbelief as a character but once you watch Batman Begins, you accept he really could exist. His cape is explained by science, his gadgets come from army research, his cave was a World War 2 tunnel or something? (maybe wrong can't quite remeber) but the point is I just can't see how they will explain how a woman decides to dress up as a Cat? I really hope it is explained so I believe it but so far in the Nolan Universe, I can't see Catwoman working.

Well she's not dressed up like a cat. So far all we know is she's dressed like a biker chick who is somehow riding on one of Batmans vehicles with some futuristic goggles/shades or whatever those are. :lol

I think she'll work and she's the most exciting thing going on in this movie for me so far.

I just can't see how they will explain how a woman decides to dress up as a Cat?

Progression of the influence of Batman on his community. I believe in B:TAS they did a story about how Batman was the catalyst for his Rogue gallery. That in his sensationalism by dressing up and fighting crime that he attracted people will similar personalities and flairs for the dramatic. The Joker was hinted at that, Catwoman would be a further progression of that kind of personality.

Things are getting more outlandish because the villains are taking Batman's cue and moving towards the idea of outdoing him. Before Batman it wouldn't make sense for a woman dressed as a Bat. Afterward and especially after The Joker, it's just another one of the "kooks".

I like that idea that the villains are reactions to him and the existance of Batman himself justifys the fact that the villains are becoming more and more crazy. I do hope Catwoman works in the film, I know all we are going on are pictures of her so far without knowing any back story and I guess yea she looks more like a Biker Chick so far or is that more down to the fact we have only seen her on the Pat Pod?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back