The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

cluelessbane.jpg

What in the hell is that monstrosity?

It looks like it has all the aerodynamics and lift potential of a panzer.

Jeeze...don't know what that is, but it looks monstrously bad@ss.

Somehow, Catwoman just dosen't seem to fit into the Nolan Universe. I know she is a very traditional and famous Batman villain / character but I just don't think she works. Nolan's Batman films attempt to be grounded in reality as much as they can - any gadget / costume / weapon which requires the audience to suspend disbelief is often supported by science or very good reasoning - Batman in himself requires suspension of disbelief as a character but once you watch Batman Begins, you accept he really could exist. His cape is explained by science, his gadgets come from army research, his cave was a World War 2 tunnel or something? (maybe wrong can't quite remeber) but the point is I just can't see how they will explain how a woman decides to dress up as a Cat? I really hope it is explained so I believe it but so far in the Nolan Universe, I can't see Catwoman working.

You are kidding about the Nolanverse being grounded in reality right? Begins had supernatural elements with Ras, and I think TDK was a fluke that it was made the way that it was.

Loving the design of the Bat Copter/wing whatever the crap it is!! This scene will be soooo exciting on screen. I didn't care for the Bat Pod when it was first shown, but in the context of the movie and the way it was introduced, it was exciting and the design grew on me. With this, I immediately love it. Can't wait for this movie!!!!!

I saw this "Batwing" in person, it's gigantic.

It actually amazes me that the car underneath can drive so fast let alone move the damn thing. It's a behemoth, there's nothing subtle about it. Do I like the design? No. It reminds me of the Tumbler and I'm not a big Tumbler fan (not sleek enough, too bulky and "ugly"). Do I think this action scene is going to be amazing though? Absolutely.

As far as the story and plot goes, I have no idea what's going on in this scene other than Batman is chasing down Tumblers that contain Bane and Talia (I think I saw Talia, unless it was a henchmen with long hair, not sure). The scenes are shot out of context and it's hard to tell what exactly is happening because I have a feeling things will be implemented later in post production.

I will say this though and take what you will from it, but to me, it looks like Bane, the LOS, or whatever is actually escaping from a Batman in hot pursuit. We got a sense of this when Batman goes up against the Joker, but that really wasn't a pursuit, as much as it was Batman and Joker having a head on collision. Usually we're used to Batman being chased, but here, in my mind it looks like Bane and Co. actually fear being captured by Batman and that this is a relentless chase. To me, that's refreshing.

Also, it hasn't happened yet, but I think the Batpod is going to go bye-bye and bite it like the Tumbler did. It hasn't been reported or rumored, but something tells me Batman is going to get sidetracked from the chase when he has to save Catwoman, who is on the pod. Could be wrong, but we'll see. No such thing has been filmed though yet.

The ____ing thing looks more and more like a Hunter-Killer the more and more they show of it. If Hot Toys makes it though I'll buy it. :lol

There's definitely this HR Giger feel to the Batman Forever vehicles and the Tumbler and Batwing here.

Looks Bad Ass :clap

Fans need to wake up from the "this can't exist in Nolan's ultra realistic universe" crap. :lol

TDK's "realism" is still "movie realism", not real life realism.

If you think it is then please go and put on as much armor that you can find, then jump off a high rise chasing a female who isn't wearing armor, try and catch her then both of you land on a car, then get back to me how that worked out for you. :lol

Nolan's realism, while impressive for a Superhero movie and very well made with a great story first and foremost, is still a freaking movie!

Wake up already :lol

Last edited:

So you gonna steal my tumblers huh?!

Guess what...

You're ____ed.

spl306116003wm900.jpg

Looks like it has two arms with rockets or something, and wings on the top that are hover jets or something. I think it is two big and high tech for a Bat Man movie.

Those aren't rockets, they would kill people. Batman, this Batman, doesn't kill people.

He never fired the Tumbler's explosives at a person, cops or Joker, only at the concrete barrier and only ever used his mines on door locks.

Those two front arms are some sort of intakes, likely redirectable thrusters like the F-22 has but some kind of highly advanced versions. It may have mounted machine guns, 50 cals on the inner arms similar to the pod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back