The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Official cast info released today...

I guess this puts the Talia/Sophia Falcone, Black Mask/Alberto Falcone rumors to bed some what...

I sure hope so. I think what they listed there is perfect.

The artwork will be key. They can't use the same Saturday morning Timm looking ____ and have it feel authentic.

Timm did a fine job incorporating his style into Miller's during the Batman animated run. I wouldn't mind if it turned out like this:

tnba_legends2b.jpg

Snyder expressed interest in doing a live action of TDKR. Wonder if his Superman does well if they let him tackle it.

It would be cool if they could get Nolan and Bale back in about 10 years to do it or even age them via make-up but that is fanboy dreaming...

Official cast info released today...
I guess this puts the Talia/Sophia Falcone, Black Mask/Alberto Falcone rumors to bed some what...

Based on the fact that people are still claiming and clammering that the Joker and the Riddler will be in it probably not but it is good to see some confirmations. Of course these could be cover names for the true characters to throw us off or that the characters are using to stay under the radar......:lol

Heh, thought JGL would have been playing Alberto Falcone for sure.

Still, all sounds great so far to me.

>> "I guess this puts the Talia/Sophia Falcone, Black Mask/Alberto Falcone rumors to bed some what..."

There are people who won't flip back more than 2 pages in a given thread. If WB came right out and said "No Black Mask" some mouthbreather will come along within 10 pages and insist Black Mask is in the movie.

Batman: TAS is 2 decades old though, and the team has evolved since then. Besides, I think they did a good job of adapting JL: THE NEW FRONTIER. It had just enough of Darwyn Cooke's look to it while retaining the new DCU animated aesthetic. I'm sure TDKR will be given its full respect when it comes to the look of the animated adaptation. It's DC's modern flagship property.

Of course these could be cover names for the true characters to throw us off or that the characters are using to stay under the radar......:lol

:panic::lol :goodpost:

There are people who won't flip back more than 2 pages in a given thread. If WB came right out and said "No Black Mask" some mouthbreather will come along within 10 pages and insist Black Mask is in the movie.

You'll notice I did say "some what" :wink1:

There's a fair amount over at SuperHeroHype that believe Cotillard's character is a cover for Talia so yeah, the conversation goes on.

Miller's art in TDKReturns was often times rushed and he admits it. I would like to see the look of the cartoon a bit more polished and certainly more detailed than the screen grab.

TDKReturns has so much 80's culture/politics that I wonder how much will be updated. I don't know that the US/Russia cold war that happens in the background is going to work today. The gang members were part new wave and part punk rock. Is Ronald Reagan/Max Headroom going to still be funny?

Also I've grown tired of comic book adaptations that treat the page like a storyboard. That's playing it safe. I want them to expand the story beyond the limits of what can be done in a few panels each page.

Somebody posted on another board that the book Heath Ledger: His Beautiful Life and Mysterious Death was published by John Blake Publishing. (I looked and its true.)

And now we have Gordon-Levitt playing John Blake.

Coincidence? :)

I agree that's it's just a mask to who he is really playing... a black mask... ;)

:monkey5

Somebody posted on another board that the book Heath Ledger: His Beautiful Life and Mysterious Death was published by John Blake Publishing. (I looked and its true.)

And now we have Gordon-Levitt playing John Blake.

Coincidence? :)

you'd think the heath ledger lovefest would end eventually :dunno

Olsen twins are not that hot. They look like bobble heads with their tiny body and large noggin.

He only put in what is critically considered the best performance in a comic book movie of all time

And this is a comic book geek forum, go figure

Noone said Heath died a hero or anything, he died, it was tragic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back