The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

A part of me worries about all these character announcements for TDKR too but then, Nolan is a storyteller first and foremost and i'd like to think that each of these characters have a role to play. Time will tell...

The Dark Knight had a big cast with many named characters. I would hope 'Rises' will be as ambitious as TDK in scope.

Spider Man 3 had the same problem as Fantastic Four 2 and Xmen 3 and Iron Man 2 - a desire to have a sequel by a certain date despite a lack of a solid script. Add to that studio interference on several of these and you get crappy films.

Definitely, you have companies who are announcing release dates before the film was even fully written.

Jon Favreau was forced by Marvel to shoehorn a bunch of Avengers stuff into IM2 resulting in an unfocused mess. There have been rumors ever since that his not returning to IM3 is less about money and instead a mutual falling out with Marvel.

Yup, unofficially it was rumored that when he found out that Iron Man 3 was supposed to follow up the Avengers specifically he bolted, he was being told what to do and what to put down on film that he was left no creative control. He isn't God's gift to Filmmaking and I welcome Shane Black but it was pretty ____ty.

Sam Raimi never liked Venom. He talked openly about not liking the character before making SM3. But Marvel wanted the character and pushed. I'd like to blame it the whole movie on Marvel, but I doubt they forced Raimi to make Peter Parker dance and dress like KD Lang.

Some people think that the whole symbiote aspect and how it was treated was done so ridiculously because Raimi was taking out how forced he was to do it. So they didn't force it but he could have backlashed purposefully.

My fear is that WB is so desperate for a cashmaking cow that they are pushing Nolan, sure he might have a plan but if they are forcing the issue than he might be making the best of a bad situation. Especially knowing that he is openly walking after this film. They are rebooting anyway after this so really if it bombs so what? People aren't going to think less of Nolan or the character just chalk it up to another horrible part 3 like we've seen from so many other film franchises.

Sure I trust in Nolan but I don't trust in the Hollywood machine but it is what it is.

A part of me worries about all these character announcements for TDKR

But here's the thing, the only parts officially cast so far are:

Bruce Wayne/Batman - Bale
Alfred - Michael Caine
Commissioner Gordon - Gary Oldman
Lucius Fox - Morgan Freeman
Bane - Tom Hardy
Selena Kyle - Anne Hathaway

And that's it.

All the other roles are just rumors with unnamed sources providing the details. Not sure why people keep saying that's "confirmation"!? To me it's no different than a typical rumor. No source, no official announcement, no nothing.

Last edited:

Exactly. :lecture

My fear is that WB is so desperate for a cashmaking cow that they are pushing Nolan, sure he might have a plan but if they are forcing the issue than he might be making the best of a bad situation. Especially knowing that he is openly walking after this film. They are rebooting anyway after this so really if it bombs so what?

I don't think we have to worry about that at all...

Last edited:

But here's the thing, the only parts officially cast so far are:

Bruce Wayne/Batman - Bale
Alfred - Michael Caine
Commissioner Gordon - Gary Oldman
Lucius Fox - Morgan Freeman
Bane - Tom Hardy
Selena Kyle - Anne Hathaway

And that's it.

All the other roles are just rumors with unnamed sources providing the details. Not sure why people keep saying that's "confirmation"!? To me it's no different than a typical rumor. No source, no official announcement, no nothing.

OMG MTV SAID THERE WAS GOING TO BE YOUNG RAS!!!! It's MTV! They're telling the truth! THEY ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH!!!!!

:lol

Sources close to the film just confirmed to VH1 that Daniel Day Lewis will be playing the Riddler in The Dark Knight Rises.

milkshakeriddler.jpg

Hell yeah!

This movie is going to be EPIC!

Bane, Catwoman, Ras al Ghul, Talia al Ghul, Black Mask, Riddler, Alberto Falcone, Two-Face returning, Joker cameo... EPIC.

E P I C

Hell yeah!

This movie is going to be EPIC!

Bane, Catwoman, Ras al Ghul, Talia al Ghul, Black Mask, Riddler, Alberto Falcone, Two-Face returning, Joker cameo... EPIC.

E P I C

You forgot to add Robin.

Crazy Quilt & Kite Man will also be villains in the new Batman movie according to sources close to the film. Just confirmed by the Home and Garden network.

Latest news is reporting Christian Bale has dropped out and I'll be the new Batman.

Are you taller than the guy playing Bane? If so, that's gonna be a problem.

I wonder if there will be a special feature after the credits! I love those!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back