The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SO the Joker is mentioned in the TDKR novelization, pretty cool little detail:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I feel the lack of even so much as a mention of the Joker is a huge flaw in TDKR. Even Crane made an appearance. You telling me that with all of that going on the Joker was just staying out of it? :lol

I mean, I get why he wasn't in the film, but they should have at least mentioned him. That passage from the book would have been perfect. I think it was more of an insult to Heath's peformance to not have mentioned the Joker at all rather than being respectful of it. Heck, Crane's cameo would have been a great spot for the Joker had Heath not died. But then again, if he hadn't died I'm sure TDKR would have been an entirely different film :dunno

I was with a friend today, and he purchased the novelization. I couldn't believe it when the page with John Blake actually included the part where...

Spoiler Spoiler:

I nearly died laughing. :lol

tumblr_m7zoepvQ201qb2ci6o1_500.jpg

Anyone else hoping for deleted or extended scenes showing Blake wearing or taking the bat suit?

Haters need not reply, we've heard your boring rants before. :lol

IMO there's no chance we'll see Blake in batsuit as part of any extras for this film

I'd like to see it, sure, but pretty much 100% sure it won't happen

IMO there's no chance we'll see Blake in batsuit as part of any extras for this film

While I agree, I'm gonna hold out hope it happens. Would be awesome to see.

I doubt Joker would have gone along with Bane's plan. He wouldn't want to nuke Gotham so much as keep it as his playground without rules.

To even compare them is asinine, and, what bugs me the most is when people say that they didn't like it because "it wasn't what they were expecting." What were you expecting, exactly? Open your mind and appreciate it for what it is.

I think saying that it wasn't what I expected makes sense though. Look at it like this: TDK pushed the issue of Batman having "limits" and needing to get around those limits in the public's eye. It ended with the birth of "The Dark Knight" as a way to capitalize off of Dent as "The White Knight" where Batman would strike fear into people and be thought of as a a fierce vigilante without limits which would establish him as a criminal to the police (further establishing him as a man capable of unheroic acts at times). It would give him his edge back, it would be a necessary evil in the war on crime that Gordon & Batman knew they needed.

Now that's what I took from TDK. I had fully believed that Batman would become more intense than ever, fueled by the death of the woman he loved and become alot more heavy-handed with the criminal element in TDKR.

But....8 years later, he's just pretty much gone emo.

it wasn't what I was expecting based on how TDK ended.

Anyone else hoping for deleted or extended scenes showing Blake wearing or taking the bat suit?

Haters need not reply, we've heard your boring rants before. :lol

I think Nolan pulling a "Mutt Williams" was intentional, though considerably more welcome in this case. :lol

I think saying that it wasn't what I expected makes sense though. Look at it like this: TDK pushed the issue of Batman having "limits" and needing to get around those limits in the public's eye. It ended with the birth of "The Dark Knight" as a way to capitalize off of Dent as "The White Knight" where Batman would strike fear into people and be thought of as a a fierce vigilante without limits which would establish him as a criminal to the police (further establishing him as a man capable of unheroic acts at times). It would give him his edge back, it would be a necessary evil in the war on crime that Gordon & Batman knew they needed.

Now that's what I took from TDK. I had fully believed that Batman would become more intense than ever, fueled by the death of the woman he loved and become alot more heavy-handed with the criminal element in TDKR.

He's just trolling everybody who didn't do cartwheels of joy over TDKR.

Hey, I completely agree with your take on TDK. I was let down at first seeing TDKR but now I love it. There is foreshadowing in BB and TDK that Bruce's mission would go on forever. Rachel's speech about his mask in BB and Joker's speech about them going on forever. I saw Rachel's death as the catalyst for Bruce to give up hope for having a normal life and getting lost inside the monster he created.

However, there's also foreshadowing in both films that Bruce doesn't want to be Batman forever. Bruce tells Alfred in BB he would do this "as long as it takes" and in TDK he is trying to give up being Batman knowing Gotham deserves a hero with a face. A real person to inspire them, not a masked vigilante.

Interestingly enough, Bruce never stopped being Batman after TDK. Alfred comments that despite hanging up the cape and cowl, he never moved on. He's mentally stuck as Batman because he doesn't have Rachel to settle down with. But he's physically stuck as Bruce because he and Gordon THINK they've won. He has no reason to patrol as Batman because his mission to take down the mob was fulfilled with the death of Harvey Dent.

I agree, it is a much different direction than I expected, but I think in the context of this story, it makes sense. The great thing about comic characters is you can do one-offs and elseworlds stories. That's how all the films should be viewed. If you want comic Batman, you can have comic Batman. Nolan gave us a sense of finality that could never be achieved in the comics that go on forever.

I'm excited for the reboot for a new take on the character. I won't even say one "closer" to the comics because this one is close in a lot of ways just as B89, BR, BF, B&R, and even Adam West are somehow accurate to the comics. The comics span over 70 years so there's a lot of source material to draw upon. I want, like many, something more like Arkham Asylum/City in terms of character design and fantastic elements. I also want an ongoing series like Bond has. And I wouldn't care if Batman shows up in JLA movies so long as JLA stays out of his solo movies.

Same.

Something just occurred to me. If Bruce had that terrible bum leg, on top of some bad injuries..how did he make the jump? Guess bread and water have some kinda supernatural healing powers.

You are right....wait, did we see Bane remove his knee guards or whatnot? Don't recall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back