The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit off topic, but have you guys seen pics of Hardy with tanlines from his Bane mask? Too funny.

epic-fail-fail-nation-banes-tan-lines-fail.png

most likely if ledger didn't die there would be no bane
and this movie would be a lot different.
i love TDKR and bane but it would
probably even be better than TDK.
imagine another movie with ledger joker.
but the fact that there is no joker in TDKR
just makes TDK more special.

Finally saw it last night!
All I can say is wow!!
Nolan did an amazing work on this one... this could easily be my favorite of them all... actually, it's easy to see the trilogy as one big fat movie!
The story-line and the little gripes I had with TDK were addressed in TDKR brilliantly!!
Great story-telling and narrative... amazing visuals and the characters are really powerful!
:clap:clap:clap!!

I agree, it is a much different direction than I expected, but I think in the context of this story, it makes sense. The great thing about comic characters is you can do one-offs and elseworlds stories. That's how all the films should be viewed. If you want comic Batman, you can have comic Batman. Nolan gave us a sense of finality that could never be achieved in the comics that go on forever.

Spoiler Spoiler:

It seems like it was made to where he could go either way with it.

As for the Arkham Asylum/Arkham City games, I absolutely love the character designs and story there. I'd love to see a trilogy of CG movies done in that same exact style.

It's always hard to end a "trilogy" when it's actually not a trilogy but a movie with two sequels that were not planned ahead of time. I would have ended it differently for sure. In fact, if the title "Batman Forever" hadn't been taken, that's what I would have named this one with where I thought things were headed.

Give it another chance and keep in mind the context of it. I hope it grows on you! I know I wasn't alone when I left underwhelmed and let down only to end up loving it. I've seen it three times. It gets better and better. Gonna see it at least one more time in theaters.

Spoiler Spoiler:

It seems like it was made to where he could go either way with it.

As for the Arkham Asylum/Arkham City games, I absolutely love the character designs and story there. I'd love to see a trilogy of CG movies done in that same exact style.

Can't remember where I read it. May have been a Bale interview, but ...

Spoiler Spoiler:

SnakeDoc

Goyer actually stated before there was a story, he envisioned an ending. He said how exciting it was for him to see the final cut with the final shot of the film before the credits. Sounds like that was influenced by him and the Nolan's went along with it.

Nolan left the Joker's fate unknown so that he could return in the next trilogy which will focus on Joesph Gordon-Levitt's Batman.

Yeah! And they're bringing Ledger back too.

Too bad his acting will be a little dead.

Wow...that's pretty cold man! :horror

I saw TDKR today for a second time. This time I saw it in the traditional "2-D". It was almost a private screening for me. Only myself sitting at the very top in the middle where I prefer to sit, and one couple close to the bottom. I enjoyed it as much as I did seeing it the first time in IMAX on opening weekend. Yeah, it's not "perfect", but it's still a great movie.

I'm hoping another director picks up where they left off with Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Nightwing, or the next Batman. I'd like that rather than another...."reboot".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back