1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Dark Knight: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible (relaunch)

I have the first release Tumbler. I wonder if HT is going to make any improvements for the new release. If so I would acutally be willing to buy another one. Also, The paint wasn't accurate on the first one, but the new pics are showing that the rim is painted black instead of just being bare metal like the first which is now more accurate to the film.

I wonder why they waited so long to re-release......I guess with the new film coming....

I have the first release Tumbler. I wonder if HT is going to make any improvements for the new release. If so I would acutally be willing to buy another one. Also, The paint wasn't accurate on the first one, but the new pics are showing that the rim is painted black instead of just being bare metal like the first which is now more accurate to the film.

It's probably the same exact thing

My guess is that Hot Toys had to put more into the Tumbler than expected and they're trying to make some actual profit off of it. I just hope it's $400 like before, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was up to $600

8. And I looked, and behold, a pale horse! And its rider’s name was Death, and Hades followed him. And they were given authority over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by wild beasts of the earth.

:lecture

Teemu is that you?

I really hope the opening cockpit/roof panel on the re-release version is not as flimsy or cheap as the original one. It should have a sturdy and proper linked mechanism....well, you get it. :gah:

And will the next version feature a detachable Batpod? :lol
Seriously, is that even remotely possible?

Cheers,
Neo.

One thing I don't like about the old one is the canopy not closing fully. Theres always a gap down the front. Plus I always worry I'm scratching it to $h!t as the parts slide over eachother.

I really hope the opening cockpit/roof panel on the re-release version is not as flimsy or cheap as the original one. It should have a sturdy and proper linked mechanism....well, you get it. :gah:

And will the next version feature a detachable Batpod? :lol
Seriously, is that even remotely possible?

Cheers,
Neo.

It's not possible--what happened in the movie was CG, since it wasn't actually designed to be that way they had to fake it.

I hope the paint accuracy has been corrected:

Movie Car:
6726090821_99cd5e829f.jpg

Original 2009: (Not Accurate)
6726090791_56b618618d_o.jpg

HT Promo Photo: (Accurate)
6726090663_a9291ea95b.jpg

Is this a straight-up rerelease? That's what I get out of the promo. If so this would be a first from Hot Toys. The other rereleases were actually different in one way or another.

Meh. A few paint changes here and there, I won't care. If they added cool new technical features and a spruced up interior then I'd feel a bit kicked in the face for having bought the 2009 one.

That has nothing to do with it. It is the size of your target market and how much you supply for said target market. If 7 billion all wanted Hot Toys then yeah its limited. Plus you nor I know that there are 5,000 (or less) of anything that Hot Toys makes. Also, if they are creating a business model on "limited" items that they will just use old plates and re-release it, then it is surely not "limited" (ie... Mark 1 IM and now this). I really appreciate these items for what they are and the craftsmanship that goes into them and will continue to purchase the ones I want. But, I do find it odd that Priority Pre-orders do not sell out and the largest backlog of HTs inventory is now building at SSC. Pre-orders are no longer a necessity and so forth. Anyway, time tells all stories so we can all wait and see. I really hope I am wrong and we can enjoy HT's for the next 25 years:pray:

Yeah, but how do you know there is an extreme buildup? And how is that a bad thing for collectors? Not everyone buys a figure the week it's released.

Last edited:

Wow, the rerelease of the Tumbler will bring about the destruction of Hot Toys and high end toy collecting as we know it:cuckoo::slap

Get over it people. it really smells like there are lots of bitter people that overpaid in the secondary market in this forum. Death to Hot Toys! Death to the Tumbler!

More like death to the $2,000 _ing toy car:clap

Easy pass but looks great.

Good news that more people can get one. I am going with the 89 one over this though.

I hope the paint accuracy has been corrected:

Movie Car:
6726090821_99cd5e829f.jpg

Original 2009: (Not Accurate)
6726090791_56b618618d_o.jpg

HT Promo Photo: (Accurate)
6726090663_a9291ea95b.jpg

these pics are the officials pics of the prototype of 2009 so there will be no changes!

Man, HT Batman products this year are going to kill me! That and SSC putting out Batman stuff, this may be my most expensive year as a collector.

I have the first release Tumbler. I wonder if HT is going to make any improvements for the new release. If so I would acutally be willing to buy another one.

More window sealant.

Also, The paint wasn't accurate on the first one, but the new pics are showing that the rim is painted black instead of just being bare metal like the first which is now more accurate to the film.

It never was painted to begin with. It looked near enough matte black to me compared to the film. Your own added weathering would make it pop for realism.

One thing I don't like about the old one is the canopy not closing fully. Theres always a gap down the front. Plus I always worry I'm scratching it to $h!t as the parts slide over eachother.

I found using the Iron Man toothpicks worked well for a near enough closed door. Few sheets of paper was the only gap.

Meh. A few paint changes here and there, I won't care. If they added cool new technical features and a spruced up interior then I'd feel a bit kicked in the face for having bought the 2009 one.

One could do it themself. I've still to do mine since it's boxed up. Interior as well.

Funny just looking at all the threads, it's nearly the Batman section.

and then another one will be released when the next movie comes out

YAy

Wow. Didn't bite on this the last time, but I may have to now. (This is why God invented FlexPay, right?) Got absolutely NOWHERE to put this monster though ...

Personally, I don't mind the re-launches and re-releases and re-designs too much. Even though I own a few of the pieces that have been or are slated to be re-booted.

As long as they keep the QC levels up to where we all expect HT to be, I'm fine with it. Not so concerned about "rarity" since Hot Toys stuff was never numbered in the first place. For me, it's just gotta look good.

I don't have a problem with them enjoying some financial success with the lines that sell really well. Because the more money they make with a Batman or an Iron Man license ... theortetically ... that might mean they could then absorb some small losses on some lines that may not be big money-makers. Maybe this kind of thing allows them to take a few chances once in a while. Not sure if that's how things really work behind the scenes at HT, but it would make some sense to me if that's how they looked at it.

Last edited:
Back