"The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole point about the new batman film in particular, is that theyre going for a very dark, gritty and realistic nature. Having Batman as he is in the comics, although looks much better, isnt as realistic for a human to be wearing for combat and esspessially regarding his background and access to the military.
That one of the things Nolan crafted so meticulously, that he incorporated Batman into a very real world and in doing so has him equipped appropriately.

Although having said that, when read in comics, the suit batman wears seems entirely appropriate, but translated into film it would work differently..

phew!:lol

BDboystoys said:
Although having said that, when read in comics, the suit batman wears seems entirely appropriate, but translated into film it would work differently..

phew!:lol

Soooo.... Spiderman really shouldn't be wearing spandex then. He should be wearing an armored spidey suit, 'cause it obviously detracts from the film. :confused:

I think that Batman's suit in the film is exactly the way that the character would go with it if he existed in the real world. I really don't see him trying to fade into the darkness with a grey cloth suit, just would not work. Granted, all comic characters wear them and that's probably why he has one to begin with. But for his character, it makes sense.

Spidey on the other hand, has no reason to wear anything but a regular cloth suit. He doesn't mind being seen, and his colors are very vivid... Same with Supes, no reason to hide. Therefore, suit remains the same.

X-men are another group that fits the bill... they had to have dark suits for the movies, just made more sense. No yellow spandex there, would have been ridiculous.

But then again, Bats wearing his jaw exposed would be kinda silly in real life anyway, if he was wanting people to second guess if he was human... but hey, wouldn't be Batman without that jaw sticking out... :lol

I think you have to evaulate each on a case by case basis. There is no costume law that governs what will work for all superhero film adaptations.

I can understand why they did what they did for the Green Goblin. I just can't imagine it not looking silly if they had veered more traditional. (not that he didn't look pretty silly sometimes even with the 'armor' look)

Some of them can be super faithful and no one would even bat an eye- Ghost Rider anyone? Others much more complicated. I simpy cannot wait to see how they will approach Captain America (if they ever do)

As for Batman (Begins), I wasn't a huge fan of the look either. It wasn't bad- afterall, it's just a harder edged descendant of the Burton style, but it did not scream greatness either, especially not with the press/set photos. In the film though, it all became sort of moot as he is often just a silhouette in the darkness scaring the poop out of everyone. Execution : top notch.

Last edited:
Ironman1188 said:
Soooo.... Spiderman really shouldn't be wearing spandex then. He should be wearing an armored spidey suit, 'cause it obviously detracts from the film. :confused:

:lol

Exactly!:monkey5

drum roll please....

THe penguin is:

philip%20seymour%20hoffman7.jpg

Philip Seymour Hoffman :cool:

There's a million ways to make the Joker work. I think that Nolan will make him "REAL" for the first time. Not that I dislike any other versions. That one in Dead End was tops to me! Mad and Scary! Let's see where Nolan takes it. I bet it works! And I am fine with the casting.

By the way, looks like a costume makeover for Batman too. Some possibility of a cloth and armor suit as opposed to rubber??? Saw rumor of it on www.Batman-on-film.com I wonder if the colors change some now...at long last....from all black! One can hope....

Then, oh god!...We'll have Hot Toys and Takara back at it all over again! :lol

Thanks Les. Yes, I would assume some subtle changes, maybe enough to merit new TDK figures one would think.

Taken Directly from the site:

I thought this bit of news may be of interest to you and your readers. I work in the UK...and would be considered as being part of the ‘crew' [on a film]. What I’ve heard rumoured is that the new Batman costume may be altered a bit. The appearance will not change dramatically, but will be lighter and sleeker than the one in ‘Batman Begins.’ It may also be constructed to look more like heavyweight fabric and armour than rubber. I shall let you know if I hear more.

Hmm. Interesting. While I loved the BEGINS costume, I could go for a few sublte changes...

UPDATED: “007” sent this in today and I thought I’d post it for ya’ll--

“Just a few addition notes regarding the information I sent you about ‘TDK’ costume -- which you were kind enough to publish. There is nothing I’ve heard that suggests it will not be all-black [GOOD! -- Jett].

From what’s been whispered, it seems that the suit will be approved upon for Mr. Bale to use doing shooting. These improvements should mirror the tweaks that Bruce Wayne would make in the suit as his career progresses.

Cheers!”

From what this source has indicated, the suit will look basically the same, but will be improved upon technology-wise...

AWESOME JOKER NEWS!

In this brief excerpt from a forthcoming Mean magazine interview with director Chris Nolan, Better than Fudge columnist Josh Horowitz gets Nolan to say two clear-cut things about his second Batman flick, to wit:

The green-haired, jut-jawed Joker, as he appears in the pages of "The Killing Joke".
(a) "The title of the film" -- The Dark Night -- "has been chosen very specifically... it's quite important to the film", and that (b) Heath Ledger's Joker will be less Cesar Romero and Jack Nicholson than the Joker portrayed in a comic like "The Killing Joke".

"Or, as Nolan puts it, "I would certainly point to 'The Killing Joke' but I also would point very much to the first two appearances of the Joker in the comic. If you look at where the Joker comes from there's a very clear direction that fits what we're doing very well."

I think this is news we all wanted to hear. At this point I have no doubts about Nolan's ability to make another excellent Batman movie.

Batty said:
I think this is news we all wanted to hear. At this point I have no doubts about Nolan's ability to make another excellent Batman movie.

Exactly! :cool:

Batty said:

Well said Batty... I agree as well. It sounds like his head is in the right place. We will have a great movie when this is all over... guaranteed.

Figuremaster Les said:
I just breathed one hell of a relief sigh! Thanks for that bit of news PJAM!

My pleasure.
This is gonna be off-the-wall insane TDK bros!
Can NOT wait! :cool:

Chris Nolan on The Dark Knight Casting Rumors
Written by Robert Sanchez
Tuesday, 29 August 2006
Ever since the conclusion of Batman Begins rumors have run rampant regarding the cast of the next film to follow.

Even before the announcement of the Dark Knight title, or the casting of Heath Ledger, there has been constant talk of which actors would be offered roles in the film. Is there any truth to any of these rumors?

The IESB, along with a few select websites, were invited down to an edit bay visit with Chris Nolan and Emma Thomas while he was doing the final sound mixing for The Prestige which stars Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale, Scarlett Johansson, and Michael Caine.

In the midst of all the Prestige talk, we were able to get him to talk a bit about the highly anticipated Batman sequel.

Ryan Phillippe and Phillip Seymore Hoffman have been rumored to be in the running for Harvey Dent and the Penguin, respectively. Is there any validity here or pure speculation? “As the penguin, no, not true.” Also, was Sean Penn originally offered the role of the Joker before Heath Ledger? Laughingly he said, “no, no truth to any of those rumors.”

Here is the entire transcript of the Batman Begins questions:

Q: Looking at Batman Begins now, were you surprised or was that the reaction you were expecting to get?

CN: I was very surprised for the simple reason that I felt that we really put our hearts into making a great film and I felt that on our own terms we had succeeded but I never never really expected to satisfy critics and fans, you know Batman fans, and regular audiences equally. I mean I thought maybe we'd get two points of the triangle but the fact that all three groups seem to respond well, that was a big surprise. It felt like you were going to lose one aspect of that somewhere along the line. But, I don't know, we were very fortunate in that regard.

Q: Because the formula works so well is that something that you were looking to do for The Dark Knight?

CN: I think, what people responded to most about Batman Begins is how different it was from their expectations. So I think we would be foolish to not recognize that and attempt to do something very different in the sequel. I certainly wouldn't have, you know, any interest in somewhat trying to repeat the experience that the film already made because I think, particularly being an origin story, it's a very unique thing very singular. My interest in the sequel is to move on from there and do something quite different.

Q: Since you did the origin story, it frees you up from doing the whole introduction, so are you expecting to do a whole lot more action the second time around?

CN: Um, I mean we certainly put a lot of action into Batman Begins through the film even though it didn't involve Batman until 50 minutes in or whatever. So certainly we are free to put Batman into action earlier on. But if you look at the, I mean the rhythm of action movies is very complicated because there is a limit actually to how much action is in the film, how you have to have a particular ebb and flow to what actually works and Batman Begins is pretty stuffed to be honest. But, it didn't all get to involve that character, Bruce Wayne was Batman because of the origin and that we don't have to do.

Q: Any truth to the rumors of Ryan Phillippe or Phillip Seymore Hoffman?

CN: (Laughing) As the penguin, no, not true.

Q: Sean Penn?

CN: No truth, no truth to any of those rumors. All interesting ideas though.

I just hope that Nolan remembers that Batman is a DETECTIVE. PLEASE show him being the world's greatest, smartest detective. (In begins, Batman should have created the antidote, instead of Fox). I digress,

congerking said:
I just hope that Nolan remembers that Batman is a DETECTIVE. PLEASE show him being the world's greatest, smartest detective. (In begins, Batman should have created the antidote, instead of Fox). I digress,

YES! Agreed! He's the detective!

Figuremaster Les said:
YES! Agreed! He's the detective!

True.... I think that's why some of my favorite stories are his Detective tales...

The Long Halloween, Dark Victory, Hush.....

Though The Dark Knight and Year One are awesome in their own right as well. But Frank Miller just rules.... so anything he does with the character is gonna be magic.

Darklord Dave said:
He's a detective, not a chemist!

So certain are you! :joy
Batscientist.jpg

Had to give you some grief...
This was from Batman issue #1, 1940.
But, not established in Batman Begins. Just had to be a smarta$$ :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back