The current state of DC 1/6 collectibles . . . DEAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oof, some people have a hard on hate for Snyder, acting like he killed their puppy or something lol.
My opinion, Man of Steel was a great movie (the only Superman movie I liked, and the reason I care about Superman as a character). I loved BVS, probably in my top 10 superhero movies. I am excited to see his Justice League. I know it won?t be great, but Zach Snyder?s movies are always fun to watch, plus all the actors are perfect for the characters, so I always want to see more of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oof, some people have a hard on hate for Snyder, acting like he killed their puppy or something lol.
My opinion, Man of Steel was a great movie (the only Superman movie I liked, and the reason I care about Superman as a character). I loved BVS, probably in my top 10 superhero movies. I am excited to see his Justice League. I know it won?t be great, but Zach Snyder?s movies are always fun to watch, plus all the actors are perfect for the characters, so I always want to see more of them.

Man Stop all that dumb bs. Nobody has hate for Snyder . Dude made terrible movies so of course people are critical of them . And if you like them good for you but that?s a minority. I actually couldn?t wait to see what he brought to the table but it was lackluster and downright rushed.
The death of Superman was terrible , the handling of the jl was rushed and that Martha crap was a joke.
Hate when people say jeez did what did Snyder do to you when someone criticizes his rushed bloated films. I?m sure the guy is nice but as you can see the dceu suffered because of him and poor decisions. Dude doesn?t even like comic books .

If the Snyder cut is good I?ll kindly eat my words

Last edited:
Dude a Pixar movie is deep, God vs Human(bvs) is deep, and so on......
Joker can also be see as a dumb incel movie whose protagonist is damaged by our aggressive society, poor guy. See i just did what you did with Snyder. I oversimplified the movie.
There is a lot of directors who sucks, but you love to hate Snyder.

Lol no You didn?t . Bvs is not deep. They?ve been doing it for years. If you think that?s deep then you probably think Casper the friendly ghost is deep. A misunderstood spirit who wants companionship. Stop acting like Snyder is misunderstood. His dc movies are terrible with no substance end of story. It?s funny how a handful of favs think it?s deeper than what it actually is.

The concept of man vs god has been a thing for ages. Joker tackled mental illness. Something that is rarely touched upon. You didn?t oversimplify anything you just seem to believe Snyder is better than he actually is and that?s what most fans of his do which baffles my mind. So you honestly believe BVS was deep with its cgi trolls and Martha and bloated plot is on the same level of a man going down the rabbit hole of madness? Come on son.

Man vs god isn?t deep. If that?s deep then I guess every single avenger movie is to which Snyder fans criticize for for being to kiddy. God of war did it better and that?s a video game lol

Last edited:
Man Stop all that dumb bs. Nobody has hate for Snyder . Dude made terrible movies so of course people are critical of them . And if you like them good for you but that?s a minority. I actually couldn?t wait to see what he brought to the table but it was lackluster and downright rushed.
The death of Superman was terrible , the handling of the jl was rushed and that Martha crap was a joke.
Hate when people say jeez did what did Snyder do to you when someone criticizes his rushed bloated films. I?m sure the guy is nice but as you can see the dceu suffered because of him and poor decisions. Dude doesn?t even like comic books .

If the Snyder cut is good I?ll kindly eat my words

I?m not very good at explaining myself so maybe I made a poor choice of words when I said people hate Snyder. Doesn?t matter though, I loved BVS and look forward to Justice League.

I?m not very good at explaining myself so maybe I made a poor choice of words when I said people hate Snyder. Doesn?t matter though, I loved BVS and look forward to Justice League.

No problem. I hope it lives up to ur expectations

No problem. I hope it lives up to ur expectations

Thank you. I?m easy to please so I?m sure I?ll like it. Hell I like the first 3 Michael Bay transformers movies so that?s how low my bar is lol.

I just hope it does well enough to get more DC figures from Hot Toys (or any 1/6 company really). Maybe if it?s good hot toys will think people like DC and that will kick start them to do some other DC properties. Tweeterhead is doing a Michelle pfeiffer catwoman statue, NECA is re releasing their 1/4 Pfeiffer catwoman, but I?m still waiting on a 1/6 version damnit!

Lol no You didn?t . Bvs is not deep. They?ve been doing it for years. If you think that?s deep then you probably think Casper the friendly ghost is deep. A misunderstood spirit who wants companionship. Stop acting like Snyder is misunderstood. His dc movies are terrible with no substance end of story. It?s funny how a handful of favs think it?s deeper than what it actually is.

The concept of man vs god has been a thing for ages. Joker tackled mental illness. Something that is rarely touched upon. You didn?t oversimplify anything you just seem to believe Snyder is better than he actually is and that?s what most fans of his do which baffles my mind. So you honestly believe BVS was deep with its cgi trolls and Martha and bloated plot is on the same level of a man going down the rabbit hole of madness? Come on son.

Man vs god isn?t deep. If that?s deep then I guess every single avenger movie is to which Snyder fans criticize for for being to kiddy. God of war did it better and that?s a video game lol

Mental illness is just as used as "man vs god", you just have to see more than superhero movies but here is a wikipedia link with a bunch of movies with this thematic. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mental_disorders_in_film
Every movie can be deep, even Transformers can be deep if you analyse his themes, for exemple: refuge of war and soo on.
Every art is subjective and full of meaning just like onion layers, you just need to see beyond the surface.
Its like i said, you have all the rights to hate his work but the way you express yourself about him just demonstrate clearly that you just hate him for the hate because you don't like his vision.
And about that,"Dude doesn?t even like comic books", i think you're wrong his movies has homages that only a comic book lover would do.

Mental illness is just as used as "man vs god", you just have to see more than superhero movies but here is a wikipedia link with a bunch of movies with this thematic. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mental_disorders_in_film
Every movie can be deep, even Transformers can be deep if you analyse his themes, for exemple: refuge of war and soo on.
Every art is subjective and full of meaning just like onion layers, you just need to see beyond the surface.
Its like i said, you have all the rights to hate his work but the way you express yourself about him just demonstrate clearly that you just hate him for the hate because you don't like his vision.
And about that,"Dude doesn?t even like comic books", i think you're wrong his movies has homages that only a comic book lover would do.

He went on record and said he doesn?t like Superman or comic books and transformers cannot be deep. Yes everything is subjective but some things make u think while others are just there to entertain. Some stuff is just flat out bad. If a large majority of people don?t like it it?s usually not because it?s misunderstood it?s because it?s told poorly. I?m sure u can say the same about sharknado. A bad film is a bad film .

Also mental illness is rarely touched upon in that scale . When people do mental illness it?s usually for a horror film

He went on record and said he doesn?t like Superman or comic books and transformers cannot be deep. Yes everything is subjective but some things make u think while others are just there to entertain. Some stuff is just flat out bad. If a large majority of people don?t like it it?s usually not because it?s misunderstood it?s because it?s told poorly. I?m sure u can say the same about sharknado. A bad film is a bad film .

Also mental illness is rarely touched upon in that scale . When people do mental illness it?s usually for a horror film

Sharknado is actually a funny movie, with low budget to have fun, its just that.
I look online and could not find he saying that about comic books.
Are you saying that if a majority of people like or dislike that means it good or not? if you say yes, what happens to create your own opinion about stuff?

Sharknado is actually a funny movie, with low budget to have fun, its just that.
I look online and could not find he saying that about comic books.
Are you saying that if a majority of people like or dislike that means it good or not? if you say yes, what happens to create your own opinion about stuff?

Maybe I?m wrong but I read somewhere he didn?t like comics til watchman. And I mean sometimes. It?s ok to like a bad movie but if an overwhelming majority think it sucks then it probably sucks. Some fans only like this cause it?s DC and they have nothing else . If a better bvs came out Snyder would be forgotten

Maybe I?m wrong but I read somewhere he didn?t like comics til watchman. And I mean sometimes. It?s ok to like a bad movie but if an overwhelming majority think it sucks then it probably sucks. Some fans only like this cause it?s DC and they have nothing else . If a better bvs came out Snyder would be forgotten

So even if what you're saying is real, about the comics, he likes comics since 08, so it's more than 10 years liking comics, to me that's okay, he started late just that.
"if an overwhelming majority think it sucks then it probably sucks" You don't believe in create an opinion for our own? People taste is just like clouds, you blink, they change. This makes me think, if the so called majority had liked BVS you would liked automatically right?

I imagine if Snyder stopped making terrible DC movies, DC fans would stop talking about him in the DC thread.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

This is also a thread discussing the decrease in DC merchandise, something that cannot be separated from the declining popularity of the DC movie brand that occurred due to the maligned reception of the early DC movies.

So even if what you're saying is real, about the comics, he likes comics since 08, so it's more than 10 years liking comics, to me that's okay, he started late just that.
"if an overwhelming majority think it sucks then it probably sucks" You don't believe in create an opinion for our own? People taste is just like clouds, you blink, they change. This makes me think, if the so called majority had liked BVS you would liked automatically right?

I do . But what I?m saying is people think it?s so misunderstood when it?s not. A lot of people didn?t like it. It didn?t click with people. And no of people liked this film I would have dull disliked it. It?s a very messy film and no amount of directors cut could fix it

I do . But what I?m saying is people think it?s so misunderstood when it?s not. A lot of people didn?t like it. It didn?t click with people. And no of people liked this film I would have dull disliked it. It?s a very messy film and no amount of directors cut could fix it

First the director cut is the true version of the movie, the theatrical was Warner starting to put their fingers in the movie.
Opinion is not objective. Art is subjective, you may hate but other people may love.

Opinion is not objective. Art is subjective, you may hate but other people may love.

This is true. With that said, it's fact that DCEU was poorly received by the mass market. That's why we don't have a lot of DC merch. Doesn't really matter if you think it's the best movie ever made. For Hot Toys, etc. it only matters how much they sell.

This is also a thread discussing the decrease in DC merchandise, something that cannot be separated from the declining popularity of the DC movie brand that occurred due to the maligned reception of the early DC movies.

I think this argument right here ends any back and forth quibbles between jackollie95 and ironwez20. :lol

Just go to the basics...it's all about money. If a property fails to generate much profit it's usually (not always, but a pretty reliable indicator) because the execution was flawed and did not connect with the majority of the general audience.

Snyder's vision or "plan" was simply no bueno. He is probably better suited to be a cinematographer than a director...his storytelling is objectively bad...his visualization is probably where he shines...

At the end of the day STORY matters most and unfortunately for poor Hack Snyder he doesn't know how to package a good story.

I think this argument right here ends any back and forth quibbles between jackollie95 and ironwez20. :lol

Just go to the basics...it's all about money. If a property fails to generate much profit it's usually (not always, but a pretty reliable indicator) because the execution was flawed and did not connect with the majority of the general audience.

Snyder's vision or "plan" was simply no bueno. He is probably better suited to be a cinematographer than a director...his storytelling is objectively bad...his visualization is probably where he shines...

At the end of the day STORY matters most and unfortunately for poor Hack Snyder he doesn't know how to package a good story.

I agree with you about Zach that he should be a cinematographer instead of a director. I love watching his movies the but story and writing in all except 300 were either mediocre or bad. But at the end of the day I want to be entertained so I?m one of those people who don?t really care about bad writing or story. I loved man of steel and BVS equally and watch them at least once a month and I?ll watch whatever Zach does next, and I highly anticipate his Justice League, If only because I want more stuff from hot toys :rotfl

First the director cut is the true version of the movie, the theatrical was Warner starting to put their fingers in the movie.

True version of the movie but it was still bad. Just like mos. and yea true but again a small amount of people like these. They are the reason DC isn?t doing so well movie wise in comparison to marvel. The Snyder films pretty much ruined the hype. And like someone said it doesn?t sell. So because of that we aren?t seeing much DC merch cause of his crap movies. And I really want DC to succeed but I don?t think they will with Snyder?s direction. He?s just very bad directors cut or not

True version of the movie but it was still bad. Just like mos. and yea true but again a small amount of people like these. They are the reason DC isn?t doing so well movie wise in comparison to marvel. The Snyder films pretty much ruined the hype. And like someone said it doesn?t sell. So because of that we aren?t seeing much DC merch cause of his crap movies. And I really want DC to succeed but I don?t think they will with Snyder?s direction. He?s just very bad directors cut or not

We will never agree, you blame ONE person for the whole ****show that Warner did to the DC brand, i really dont care for what other people likes (Adam Sandler' movies are loved by the majority of people). We are debating about Snyder take on DC, and i value your opinion that's why i am still posting.
Snyder work will prevail when the Justice League trilogy is completed, he played the long game and we will see in the HBO Max the results of his work. it's like if the LOTR trilogy was dropped halfway through the Two Towers, and everyone complaining Frodo didn't complete his arc.
You blame him for Warner's fault, but he had the balls to make his unique vision about the DC heroes come to life and stayed true to that even after the Warner backstabbing.
Its sucks that we desagree so much about things we like(the dc brand), but for me his vision works, to me his Superman is the definition of the character for the 21st century.
What actually ruined the HYPE was Warner ******** and Justice League, who was delivered by Joss Weadon, since then the brand was never the same.

We will never agree, you blame ONE person for the whole ****show that Warner did to the DC brand, i really dont care for what other people likes (Adam Sandler' movies are loved by the majority of people). We are debating about Snyder take on DC, and i value your opinion that's why i am still posting.
Snyder work will prevail when the Justice League trilogy is completed, he played the long game and we will see in the HBO Max the results of his work. it's like if the LOTR trilogy was dropped halfway through the Two Towers, and everyone complaining Frodo didn't complete his arc.
You blame him for Warner's fault, but he had the balls to make his unique vision about the DC heroes come to life and stayed true to that even after the Warner backstabbing.
Its sucks that we desagree so much about things we like(the dc brand), but for me his vision works, to me his Superman is the definition of the character for the 21st century.
What actually ruined the HYPE was Warner ******** and Justice League, who was delivered by Joss Weadon, since then the brand was never the same.

Please don?t compare this to lotr. Those were planned out and stuck to the source material. Also he seems like a yes man to me. He let Warner bros ruin his vision twice and didn?t back out. The guy was just a dude they got cause he made a few movies for him and he did what they said each time and didn?t talk back.

His vision may work for YOU. And that?s fine but it?s not a good vision . He failed to capture the masses and majority of fans . WB meddled with his work plenty of times but yet he still keeps coming back instead of standing up for himself and backing out. Why put out crap after crap and then come out with a decent directors cut time and time again ? It?s stupid. He doesn?t have balls at all. He just nodded his head and let Warner?s tarnish his story and then promise his version was better only for it to not be any better than before .

So what?s next he makes a new movie and it sucks cause he wouldn?t push back and then cry online again about how the studio messed up his creation and he wants to release the REAL story?

It?s time for him to go. He had multiple chances but his vision isn?t it. His movies are a bad science experiment of what he wants and Warner bros trying to catch up with marvel .

And honestly I highly doubt his Snyder cut will change anything . The movie looked dumb before whedon came in

Back