The 'complete' history of the Batmobile.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kamandi

Super Freak
Reaction score
OK, I doubt the complete part, but this was still a pretty nice piece of work.

PS - yeah, there's a car insurance company at the bottom. I'm not trying to spam. Please ignore that part.

evolution-batmobile-jpg1.jpg

It's funny how so many of them can resonate with me in spite of the fact that I really only read Batman comics from '88-'93 (give or take)...

The '66 T.V. car is, of course, instantly recognizable and without a doubt an icon.

The '73 cartoon car is fondly remembered.

The '78 redesign? Classic.

The Breyfogle '88 and '89 comic cars are the ones I remember from my days in the comic shop.

Furst's '89 movie Batmobile? Still the most bad ass Batmobile ever. Like "a jet engine on wheels", as they said at the time.

I love the '92 BTAS car. I have to. It's BTAS.

I even have a soft spot for the "Forever" movie Batmobile and the unfortunately omitted Dark Knight Returns Bat-Tank.

Amazing. It's like James Bond. Everyone is different, yet they're all somehow the same and everyone has a favorite.

Why did someone actually think it would be a good idea as late as the year 2000 for Batman to be drivin a Gremlin?

Why did someone actually think it would be a good idea as late as the year 2000 for Batman to be driving a Pinto?

But I guess it is better than the giant _____ he drove in 1992.

Last edited:
that was cool. It's amazing how many of those are just.... normal cars though!

Wow, those are a lot of Batmobiles...

Best ones are the Tumbler and the Tim Burton Batmobile IMO!

Agreed. But the one they introduced in Batman: The Return is impressive. (see last panel)

That one is impressive indeed! I see elements from both the Tumbler as well as the Tim Burton one in that! Certainly something different than the usual sleek design!

That'#s pretty cool and pretty comprehensive. Personally, i always liked the Bat Mobile from the 1960s TV Show.

Furst is First. Nothing tacked on about the design, it was it's own beast. Sleek and powerful like it's owner. Those 1940's art deco stylings set a bar that still hasn't been exceeded.

For the same reasons, TAS mobile ranks number 2 for me. Combined the armored and unarmored modes from the Furst design.

1966 is cheesy, but part of that first great era of Batmania. Respect!

The Tumbler is ugly and brutal, which is cool, but it fails to capture the essence of Batman which also brings to mind grace and elegance. The Nolan Batman deserved a more refined ride.

Furst is First. Nothing tacked on about the design, it was it's own beast. Sleek and powerful like it's owner. Those 1940's art deco stylings set a bar that still hasn't been exceeded.

For the same reasons, TAS mobile ranks number 2 for me. Combined the armored and unarmored modes from the Furst design.

1966 is cheesy, but part of that first great era of Batmania. Respect!

The Tumbler is ugly and brutal, which is cool, but it fails to capture the essence of Batman which also brings to mind grace and elegance. The Nolan Batman deserved a more refined ride.

The Furst Batmobile looks great and is my number 2 fav, but the jet engine looks like it goes right through the cockpit, which is impossible, so that's kind of tacked on.

The Furst Batmobile looks great and is my number 2 fav, but the jet engine looks like it goes right through the cockpit, which is impossible, so that's kind of tacked on.

Heresy!!!

LOL, not the most practical thing in the world but it just looked killer.

Back