The Boys TV Series (Amazon)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read the comics years ago and all the sex and ultra violence and swearing and VIOLENCE and drugs and violence just kinda all blurred together, so I don't remember many specifics.

I passed on the show cause it was just too tame and watered down and removed from the source material.

But you got me curious....I had to see what you were talking about.

My god. Just.....my god. That is NOT something you see every day. I can't remember if it was in the comics or not, but it very well might have been.

I read the comics years ago and all the sex and ultra violence and swearing and VIOLENCE and drugs and violence just kinda all blurred together, so I don't remember many specifics.

I passed on the show cause it was just too tame and watered down and removed from the source material.

But you got me curious....I had to see what you were talking about.

My god. Just.....my god. That is NOT something you see every day. I can't remember if it was in the comics or not, but it very well might have been.
Points for creativity at least :lol

I didn't need to see that. I didn't want to see that.

CautiousSlimAbyssiniancat-size_restricted.gif

I'm out. I never liked the comics anyhow, I was only sticking around for Starr, Esposito and Urban, but I'm done. I hope Starr gets a cool MCU role or something, but nah, I'm done. It's too stupid and vulgar now. I get that that's the point, but I have some limits...

It's funny to look back and see the creators say they weren't allowed to show some things they wanted to show in season 1 and now here we are with them getting away with anything they want apparently.

Did Butcher's wife cheat on him? Or was she raped? I don't quite get it to be honest. She looks like she walked away with Homelander voluntarily. Obviously the push/pull is can you say No to Homelander since he can kill anyone with his laser eyes at any time.

This is such an interesting take because Marvel took their overpowered characters ( Thor, Hulk, Scarlett Witch, X Men Storm) and basically neutered them because it's hard to write a story where one side is basically indestructible. In this case, Homelander is overpowered but he's constrained by his narcissism. He can only desperately seek to be loved by those he resents whom will never actually love him. Brutal.

Sometimes I don't think Antony Starr is actually acting. I don't think you can play a role like this and not have it be true deep down in real life. It's too authentic, the pathology of Homelander.

My prediction, and best guess is the kid is toast. It's the one thing that is still tethering Homelander to some semblance of reality. Once that's gone, when a narcissist loses their "legacy", then they might go out of control. Also child actors being all kinds of production complications.

At least the kid isn't irritating like the kid in From, the daughter in Homeland, Carl in Walking Dead and on and on and on. The only child actor I liked and thought was good at their role and was given good writing was the daughter on The Americans.

Did Butcher's wife cheat on him? Or was she raped? I don't quite get it to be honest. She looks like she walked away with Homelander voluntarily. Obviously the push/pull is can you say No to Homelander since he can kill anyone with his laser eyes at any time.
She was raped yeah.
Sometimes I don't think Antony Starr is actually acting. I don't think you can play a role like this and not have it be true deep down in real life. It's too authentic, the pathology of Homelander.
Just shows how good his acting is I guess. But he did get arrested for assaulting someone, so... Giancarlo Esposito plays some really bad people but comes across as the nicest most wholesome guy ever.

She was raped yeah.

Just shows how good his acting is I guess. But he did get arrested for assaulting someone, so... Giancarlo Esposito plays some really bad people but comes across as the nicest most wholesome guy ever.
More people should watch his Pre-BB work. He was hilarious in Night On Earth. I liked him in that movie with Eckhart and Kidman, Rabbit Hole or something it was called. He's got a bit role in King Of New York, but that's a Walken/Fishbourne/Snipes vehicle. Deep Cover makes for a great companion piece as well. The MCU wastes Fishbourne, a genuine GOAT, on a two-bit role, and I'm stuck with Clown Kang...

Anyway, on one hand it's a shame he's been typecast, but the man's found fame and easy money, so on the other I can't fault him for that. It would be nice to see him branch out a bit though.

As for Starr, I honestly don't know if he's a closet psycho, just a mad **** who lets it rip when he's got to get into Homelander mode, or just a genuinely great actor. Either way, I need him in the MCU stat. Doom, Sabretooth, Cyclops, Wolverine, anything. He'd make for a great Fantomex. Honestly, he was the main reason why I was watching.

Well that's one way Ant-Man could use his powers, this ******* show...:rotfl

So I recently watched the first two seasons over a subsequent few days and I liked it! I liked all the characters, my favorite being Starlight/Annie.

Well now we know that antman could have indeed beat thanos if he got his hands dirty ….

I love this show. Besides that gross opening episode this season has been great so far. Home lander is crazy .

That's how you do a great episode. Most other shows would do filler episodes at this point.

They're really doubling down on how evil and lethal Homelander is.

Amazing episode 👏👏👏👏👏👏

That's how you do a great episode. Most other shows would do filler episodes at this point.

They're really doubling down on how evil and lethal Homelander is.

Amazing episode 👏👏👏👏👏👏
They never really waste much time in this show, a majority of the scenes (even the ****** up goofy stuff) are there to drive the story and characters forward. It's just high quality stuff.

Back