The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For decades I pictured that a seething Boba Fett would emerge from the Sarlacc, ready for Round 2 against Luke and/or Han. But this show suggests that getting his ass beat is a daily occurrence, whether it be at the hands of women, children, leperous midgets, GI Joe LARPers, you name it. He probably doesn't even know how to properly work his jetpack and assumes that the reason it malfunctioned was because he filled it with the wrong type of jetfuel.

Also if Star Wars ends after season two of The Mandalorian it ends before Twitter commandeers the Star Wars franchise and disappears Cara Dune/Gina Carano and renames the Slave 1 as Firespray. Maybe the Firespray is what this new Fett deserves. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of The Mandalorian season two as the end🤔
It's hard to imagine a more perfect final shot of SW than this isn't it:

mandalorian_season_2_episode_8_r2d2_luke_grogu_1626245449365.jpg

Episode seemed too short for what they are trying to do. Also has the sequel trilogy problem of not enough worldbuilding/context to make what Fett is doing make any sense. Fennec, as always, remains the highlight.

We need to talk about the score of this: it was way over the top. Huge music swells every time he put on a piece of armor was laughable. Movie Fett was subtle. The music is not.

The jetpack reminds me of the Deadpool joke of how cheap Fox is to have lackluster CGI and just a couple X-Men available lol

Takes just a line to explain why he can't use it. Shooting a rocket point blank at a shield can't be explained lol

The jetpack reminds me of the Deadpool joke of how cheap Fox is to have lackluster CGI and just a couple X-Men available lol

Takes just a line to explain why he can't use it. Shooting a rocket point blank at a shield can't be explained lol

Why he didn't just jetpack up and roast them all with his flamethrower just defies explanation:slap

This episode was the worst thing to happen to SW since AOTC. Actually it may be the worst thing to happen to SW period. It's making me seriously consider wiping all of Mando from my head canon so as to purge even the thought of TM Fett surviving ROTJ.
Don’t forget that as much as we loved Boba in Mando we were all already bringing up concerns over Fett being relegated to being an uber driver.

Then I warned you about RR and you said no his kids play with action figures we’re in good hands lol

Just watched, it sucked. Acting was Bad. Iconic Villian Ruined. Had high hopes after Mandalorian.

Why he didn't just jetpack up and roast them all with his flamethrower just defies explanation:slap
That's why I say it felt like it was written in 20 minutes. No logic to the entire episode. Can't believe Favreau wrote this garbage.

You know, had Boba Fett not been wearing his jet pack, the whole sarlacc accident could have been avoided. Also, seeing how he almost blew himself up shooting a rocket, perhaps Boba would be better off ditching all those gadgets. He seemed far more capable in the flashbacks when he had nothing.

That's why I say it felt like it was written in 20 minutes. No logic to the entire episode. Can't believe Favreau wrote this garbage.

I have to wonder how much tampering is going on here. Remember how pissed off the story group people were after the Luke/Mandalorian conclusion? Why would you delay your flagship show literal years while prioritizing other shows above it? There is such a difference in overall quality between this first Fett episode and The Mandalorian that it's hard to even believe the same people are behind this.

Back