The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are two episodes left. 🤭
We'll all be ashamed and contrite when these last 2 episodes are the most spectacular....
vader_fail.gif

I'd pay to see the Rancour eat all the townspeople :monkey3

That was truly the moment that Favreau made this version of Boba Fett the single dumbest idiot in the history of Star Wars.

For 39 years we hand-waved his stupid death in ROTJ as him being drunk, caught off guard, victim of a fluky bad day, you name it. But then Favreau decides that after he escapes probably the single greatest terror in all of SW he gets his ship, goes back, and immediately and deliberately puts himself right back in the situation above.

It's completely unexplainable why he even thinks the armor is in there but they went ahead and shot that scene anyway. Because they wanted to make Boba Fett look like the biggest idiot in Star Wars? So Ming Na could crack some vagina jokes on set? Why???

While the 316 pages of this thread have clearly stated that this show is a failure, I think the initial premise that they took over Jabba's Palace with little effort was the first sign that they went about this show in the wrong manner. Bib Fortuna should have been a significant threat to overcome and the Palace is now made into the least secure dwelling in the SW universe.

I would have done Bib as the first obstacle while making friends in Mos Espa. I still struggle with Boba wanting Jabba's Palace. Base of operations? How about Bib declared him dead and took his ship and all of his money (using info stolen on his ship). Scrap the Tusken crap, Dengar rescues him and helps him get back to health. Dengar was there to scrap the wreckage and Boba flys out with his jetpack. Saving the most feared bounty hunter might work out well in his favor down the road.

Out of everything I have seen so far, besides Black Kristen, all of the new characters or gangs doesn't scream badass or impressive. Filoni and his Clone Whoring will reintroduce his clones in Episode 6 instead of bringing anything new to the table.

Last edited:
Boba Fett.
63kuk8.gif

It's completely unexplainable why he even thinks the armor is in there but they went ahead and shot that scene anyway. Because they wanted to make Boba Fett look like the biggest idiot in Star Wars? So Ming Na could crack some vagina jokes on set? Why???
I don't put anything nefarious into it, , other than Favreau phoning allot of this in. Mando also had plenty of moments of stupidity. It was probably a loose script outline. And miscommunication.
Rodriguez wanted him climbing out in armor,
Later ep and director called for him looking for it, which they somehow genuinely thought would look exciting.

Half the hummer in here(for me) is seeing some insecure fans go down the it's all conspiracy to ruin Fett rabbit hole. :lol

Last edited:
Boba Fett.
63kuk8.gif

I don't put anything nefarious into it, other than Favreau phoning allot of this in .It was probably a loose script outline. And miscommunication.
Rodriguez wanted him climbing out in armor,
Later ep and director called him looking for it, which they somehow thought would look exciting.
Maybe it's just Disney being cheap. Dunno how it is now, but there's a lot of complaints about Disney World (never been) at least when they re-opened about cutbacks. Dated or broken rides; less perks, less staff, poor service.

Like maybe Mandalorian was all budgeted for, entire arc already written out; then they had to scramble to stuff the Boba Fett show into the mix. But that doesn't say a lot potentially about the Ahsoka series. Obi-Wan at least has been in planning forever.

Half the hummer in here(for me) is seeing some insecure fans go down the it's all conspiracy to ruin Fett rabbit hole. :lol

It's not a conspiracy theory, it's what is actually happening. All you have to do is watch the show and know Kennedy Lucasfilm's history with Star Wars to understand this.

It's not a conspiracy theory, it's what is actually happening. All you have to do is watch the show and know Kennedy Lucasfilm's history with Star Wars to understand this.
Changing Fett’s core character was already going to be a tough pill to swallow even if it had been handled superbly.

But doing what they did made it dead on arrival.

While the 316 pages of this thread have clearly stated that this show is a failure, I think the initial premise that they took over Jabba's Palace with little effort was the first sign that they went about this show in the wrong manner. Bib Fortuna should have been a significant threat to overcome and the Palace is now made into the least secure dwelling in the SW universe.

I would have done Bib as the first obstacle while making friends in Mos Espa. I still struggle with Boba wanting Jabba's Palace. Base of operations? How about Bib declared him dead and took his ship and all of his money (using info stolen on his ship). Scrap the Tusken crap, Dengar rescues him and helps him get back to health. Dengar was there to scrap the wreckage and Boba flys out with his jetpack. Saving the most feared bounty hunter might work out well in his favor down the road.

Out of everything I have seen so far, besides Black Kristen, all of the new characters or gangs screams badass or impressive. Filoni and his Clone Whoring will reintroduce his clones instead of bringing anything new to the table.
Care to rephrase? :lol

FI5aXQHUUAMRduF.jpeg

Disney could have done the most politically correct thing EVER and given Rey to Finn, as it seemed like they were actually gonna do.

But in the end they didnt have the courage to do that, and its pretty funny when you think about it. i would feel worse for Finn if I didnt dislike Boyega as much as I dislike him. He is a disrespectful ass.
I noted a while back that Disney has no agenda past profit for their shareholders. No corporation is 'progressive' they just dress up in whatever they think is fashionable and pivot mindlessly based on algorithms and focus groups. What you say is *logical* and their 'story group' (LOL) is anything but.

I noted a while back that Disney has no agenda past profit for their shareholders. No corporation is 'progressive' they just dress up in whatever they think is fashionable and pivot mindlessly based on algorithms and focus groups. What you say is *logical* and their 'story group' (LOL) is anything but.
Yeah? Then wonder what the shareholders will think about the beloved Boba Fett morphing into being shelf sitter like the ST stuff. So much for the merch licensing fees. :toilet_cl

tank.gif

morrisonteeth.jpg

Reminds me of...
63l4s8.gif

I'm laughing with everyone, but I mean people are pretending stuff like this didn't happen to Mando.
And acting like that is the Fett they wanted,
If they re-imagined Fett as a baby sitter for two seasons, where he's constantly saved by others, and over shadowed by a puppet, the same people would have complained that's not the Fett I remember, or wanted and been outraged too.
It's how Fafreau writes, it's not just done to Fett, he has his characters make some bad decisions, mistakes, vulnerable, so you root for them when they do triumph.
Enjoy :wink1:

Last edited:
I just don't care to spell out Black Krrrrfghfhbwdvggf every time. :lol

Boba Fett is dead to me now. I think that is what the top execs at Lucasfilm wanted all along. Not sure what the merchandising sales will show, but it cannot be good.

Boba Fett will always be the mysterious badass bounty hunter that loaded carbonite Han Solo into the Slave 1 and the highly anticipated Rocket firing Kenner figure that wasn't to be. To this day I still think in his ESB appearance he is the coolest looking character in the history of Hollywood films.

3922c5ed771a048ebb2c619c85c8c844.gif

Back